Antisocial and Negative Outlook.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-06-2012, 07:25 PM
Antisocial and Negative Outlook.
I'm a rather antisocial person. I always have been, though in my younger years I hid it because it wasn't "normal". I don't like big crowds of people, to the point where these days when there is a lot of noise or a lot of people around me I get really angry.
The antisocial behavior has excelled in my older age and I'm pretty sure that if I didn't have a wife and kid, I'd already be a hermit.
Part of me, a small part, sometimes wishes I was more social. More "normal". I am a people watcher (from afar) and every so often I will see people meet by accident in public and seem really cheery to have run into one another. I can't figure it out. I hate running into people I know when I'm doing stuff. I find it awkward and uncomfortable. I avoid at all costs. But when I see other people do it, I feel a pang of jealousy at their apparent ease with one another.
When I was a teenager I was a trouble maker, and I had a ton of friends, but every once in a while I felt like I needed a people vacation and I would lock myself away for a week. No contact outside of school, when I chose to attend. I would occasionally anger someone due to unanswered phone calls. I never knew how people could feel the need for constant contact. With the invention of facebook and cell phones, that need seems to have intensified and further distanced me from people.
My family gets mad at me for a lack of contact via these methods, no matter how many times I tell them I dislike constant contact. I find it irritating to have to always tell everyone what I'm doing.

For those of you who are social butterflies, I have to ask how you do it. And tell you that you do something better than me that you probably weren't even aware was actually hard.

My outlook on things has also taken a nose dive as of recent. There are reasons behind this but I'm not sharing. I don't usually consider myself to be negative, but instead more of a realist. I don't sugar coat things but usually feel relaxed about things. not so these days. I'm known for depressive dips. Highs and lows and what have you. But I'm so familiar with them, I manage myself quite well most of the time. I am aware of my highs and my lows and can usually adjust to them so that no one else is aware. But I can't seem to get out of my funk. I refuse to medicate, and I don't self medicate anymore nor am I going to.
How do you people get your heads up without assistance medically?

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like lucradis's post

Messages In This Thread
Antisocial and Negative Outlook. - lucradis - 07-06-2012 07:25 PM
RE: Antisocial and Negative Outlook. - Dom - 07-06-2012, 08:40 PM
RE: Antisocial and Negative Outlook. - kim - 08-06-2012, 12:28 PM
RE: Antisocial and Negative Outlook. - cjs - 20-01-2013, 10:10 PM
RE: Antisocial and Negative Outlook. - Dom - 22-01-2013, 02:03 PM