Antonin Scalia thinks the Devil is a real person.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-10-2013, 10:52 AM
RE: Antonin Scalia thinks the Devil is a real person.
(09-10-2013 08:23 AM)DeavonReye Wrote:  
(08-10-2013 01:45 PM)Impulse Wrote:  This is a bit of tangent, but your comment reminded me. I once brought up to a Christian friend that, in the supposed battle between God and Satan, it's equally plausible that Satan won. In that version, he would have thrown God into hell and spread lies that God is really Satan, the evil one, whom he defeated. Satan then would have pretended to be God in order to delude humans for his master plan. Besides, it fits better with all the "God" of the Bible.

Anyway, my friend told me that was completely ridiculous and Satan made me think that way because he want to hide the truth from me. Rolleyes
(To which I replied, of course it's ridiculous - both versions are ridiculous - but if you find one plausible, the other is equally plausible.)

It could be that the old testament god . . . IS the "angel of light", . . . "the great deceiver", . . . and was the one who made fase claims against Lucifer [light bringer] to make Lucifer out to be "all evil", "the Satan", the Devil we have been indoctrinated with today. Maybe this entity was trying to help humanity out and was punished by the evil ultimate power [who punishes those who don't worship him . . . . kinda like the Ori in Stargate SG-1]. If the Garden of Eden story were real, "the serpent" was trying to tell them the truth [which he actually was if you look at the story correctly], and was dealt with harshly by the entity who all christians believe to be their "loving god". Deception. The wool pulled over their eyes so they either can't see the truth or are too afraid to see it.

This is all for argument sake, of course.
Very true. I'm sure there are other possible variations too. That's the whole problem with relying on a Bible that was supposedly "inspired" by God. Even if some being actually inspired it (hypothetically, of course), there is no way to know who that being is, especially when the Bible is the only source.

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply