Anxiety Meds

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-01-2018, 08:49 PM
RE: Anxiety Meds
(07-01-2018 12:55 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Suggesting a possible reaction can induce one in suggestible people.
The term is iatrogenic I believe. Once an idea is suggested people can start feeling all sorts of strange sensations...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-01-2018, 09:08 PM
Anxiety Meds
Hope this helps.

[Image: 66130a65d65afc202fa6dab7280cbe47.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
10-01-2018, 05:43 AM
(09-01-2018 09:08 PM)KUSA Wrote:  Hope this helps.

[Image: 66130a65d65afc202fa6dab7280cbe47.jpg]

You're back my friend, good to hear from youSmile
10-01-2018, 06:46 AM (This post was last modified: 10-01-2018 06:58 AM by BikerDude.)
I've overcome anxiety by ascribing to the teaching of the illustrious John C. Parkin
https://eff-it-helps.com/

they have full retreats for a complete work over

Meditation helps as well

[Image: barfly_condenados_pelo_vicio.gif]
10-01-2018, 01:04 PM
KUSA:
I am not sure if you posted that image to be helpful, funny, or troll. I will assume you wanted to be helpful and answer in that manner. During my 24 years of depression and anxiety I have certainly thought of approaches other than medication. What I have is not a temporary thing, it is not something that popped up a week ago and can be waited out or treated by talking to a friend and go out. It is not comparable with feeling sad or stressed or a little anxious. So while those tips for the "normie" on your image are great for people who really just have a temporary obstacle to overcome, they are not helpful for me. I have been in therapy for quite a while now and my therapist was the one who recommended medication after a while so while I don't actually like to take medication and have refused it in the past, I am now at a point where I want to try this tool to get better. If you want to call that a "dank method" as shown on your image, then so be it.

BikerDude:
Hah thanks, very amusing. Actually I discovered this method myself during one of the worst jobs I have ever had. I stopped caring whatsoever while I looked for a new job and from then on, in following jobs applied "oh ok, well fuck it" on a daily basis. it did help for the anxiety that work used to give me and I don't feel this anxiety at all anymore. Plus something great that a coworker of mine said recently: "It's just a job. If I don't like it anymore, I find a new one really easily with my skills." I realized that this applies to me as well and this again helped even more to relax. So yea "fuck it" is great but sadly does not apply to everything.

2+2=4
[+] 1 user Likes Leerob's post
10-01-2018, 01:09 PM
(10-01-2018 01:04 PM)Leerob Wrote:  KUSA:
I am not sure if you posted that image to be helpful, funny, or troll. I will assume you wanted to be helpful and answer in that manner. During my 24 years of depression and anxiety I have certainly thought of approaches other than medication. What I have is not a temporary thing, it is not something that popped up a week ago and can be waited out or treated by talking to a friend and go out. It is not comparable with feeling sad or stressed or a little anxious. So while those tips for the "normie" on your image are great for people who really just have a temporary obstacle to overcome, they are not helpful for me. I have been in therapy for quite a while now and my therapist was the one who recommended medication after a while so while I don't actually like to take medication and have refused it in the past, I am now at a point where I want to try this tool to get better. If you want to call that a "dank method" as shown on your image, then so be it.

BikerDude:
Hah thanks, very amusing. Actually I discovered this method myself during one of the worst jobs I have ever had. I stopped caring whatsoever while I looked for a new job and from then on, in following jobs applied "oh ok, well fuck it" on a daily basis. it did help for the anxiety that work used to give me and I don't feel this anxiety at all anymore. Plus something great that a coworker of mine said recently: "It's just a job. If I don't like it anymore, I find a new one really easily with my skills." I realized that this applies to me as well and this again helped even more to relax. So yea "fuck it" is great but sadly does not apply to everything.
I think he was trying to be helpful he's a different person now, but I get you its ok for mild depression and bad times but not so helpful for really bad intractable times.
10-01-2018, 03:23 PM
Anxiety Meds
(10-01-2018 01:04 PM)Leerob Wrote:  KUSA:

BikerDude:

I figured you would like something to laugh at. It certainly was not meant to be offensive. I know it’s hard to tell what someone’s intent is on a forum though so my apologies to you.
[+] 2 users Like KUSA's post
10-01-2018, 03:27 PM
Hey bro how the heck are you ?
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
10-01-2018, 06:09 PM
Anxiety Meds
(10-01-2018 03:27 PM)adey67 Wrote:  Hey bro how the heck are you ?

Oh I’ve been doing pretty good. Thanks caring.
10-01-2018, 06:30 PM
(09-01-2018 08:49 PM)Pragmatix Wrote:  
(07-01-2018 12:55 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Suggesting a possible reaction can induce one in suggestible people.
The term is iatrogenic I believe. Once an idea is suggested people can start feeling all sorts of strange sensations...

No, the term for that is not iatrogenic.