Anxiety Meds

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-01-2018, 03:41 AM
RE: Anxiety Meds
(10-01-2018 01:04 PM)Leerob Wrote:  So yea "fuck it" is great but sadly does not apply to everything.
Yeah, I'm with this one as well. A Large portion of my teens was spent in "fuck it" mode, because who honestly cares about a lot of real first world problems? Sadly other things creep up on you, from day-to-day stresses/past issues in your life/conflicts that you can't understand or work out in your head properly/family issues/all sorts of stupid shit really, that bog you down.

Fuck it is a good temporary fix though haha.

I'm training for a 10K run, read about it in my blog :
Lost In Pace - A Running Blog
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post
11-01-2018, 03:55 AM
(10-01-2018 01:04 PM)Leerob Wrote:  KUSA:
I am not sure if you posted that image to be helpful, funny, or troll...

I must admit that as a long-term Xanax user, I was a bit taken aback when I first saw the "joke" about abusing the drug with alcohol, as that's an absolute no-no. Particularly as Xanax is repeatedly maligned by the media with little clinical understanding of its mechanism, and doesn't need any more negative raps in the form of jokes.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
11-01-2018, 08:14 AM (This post was last modified: 11-01-2018 08:32 AM by BikerDude.)
(10-01-2018 01:04 PM)Leerob Wrote:  BikerDude:
Hah thanks, very amusing. Actually I discovered this method myself during one of the worst jobs I have ever had. I stopped caring whatsoever while I looked for a new job and from then on, in following jobs applied "oh ok, well fuck it" on a daily basis. it did help for the anxiety that work used to give me and I don't feel this anxiety at all anymore. Plus something great that a coworker of mine said recently: "It's just a job. If I don't like it anymore, I find a new one really easily with my skills." I realized that this applies to me as well and this again helped even more to relax. So yea "fuck it" is great but sadly does not apply to everything.

Congrats for not just writing it off.
It sounds funny but it's for real and makes sense.
The best cure for anxiety is levity IMO.
When you get tense blow off some steam.
Laugh a bit. That's my approach.
But yeah. Some stuff is too heavy for that.
You gotta just push through and find a way to deal.
I know all about it.
I'm 56 years old with my youngest kid is 9 and my wife who is 10 years younger is having health issues.
I didn't expect that.
She goes for heart tests this week.
My Dad is 93 years old.
Basically there is a constant looming abyss never far away and any of several ways for me to fall headlong into it.
That's life. You deal with it.

[Image: barfly_condenados_pelo_vicio.gif]
11-01-2018, 02:32 PM
Leerob how is this new regimen treating you now? I understand these things take weeks to stabilize, but I find it interesting to listen to how it is progressing.
I took Contrave for a few months at the beginning of my diet, and went through some of this.
11-01-2018, 05:51 PM
BikerDude: Wow respect. Hope you're holding up ok there.

skyking: Thanks for asking. Today I am not having much energy really. It seems I am tired at healthier times but I feel very tired over all. I went for a very long walk at the cemetery and was surprised for how long I was able to walk given my level of tiredness atm. So while some good effects are starting to kick in, also the tiredness is really exhausting. Last night I had a bit of an anxiety attack out of nothing and it almost pushed me back into a depressed mindset but it seems I was able to control that a bit easier and also had a friend who was listening to me ramble on. Usually that anxiety attack would have been almost uncontrollable for me but last night was a milestone as it did not spiral out of control. That was very good. So yea, I think it is starting to work and I seem to do ok on it. The side effects are not thaaaat bad considering the positives I am already getting. I have this odd gagging urge in the evening now which is quite annoying. Today also a bit of acid reflux but I think the acid reflux is not connected to the meds as I have had that for about a month. So over all improving I think.

Captain Underpants
[+] 2 users Like Leerob's post
11-01-2018, 06:52 PM
So the "tired" feels like a physical thing, but it is not?
12-01-2018, 08:06 AM
No I think my head is tired but my body is not.

Captain Underpants
14-01-2018, 07:12 PM
Ok so just looking at how this is all evolving. It seems like the general anxiety I would usually just feel 24/7 is very very low at this point. The moments that would usually spiral out of control and then end in a completely un-triggered anxiety attack, those moments don't spiral out of control. My brain is used to it going really bad and to end up in depression so I can kinda feel that creeping up but not quite going there. It's weird and it's difficult to describe. The depression itself has gone down as well a lot. Generally I am feeling a bit lighter when it comes to my mood but I do still have moments. But those moments don't last for days/weeks, but maybe just for an hour or so which is very relieving. So it is much easier doing normal daily things. Like I have the energy to get up in the morning. And I know getting up in the morning doesn't sound like anything but for me it is a big deal. My focus is still up and down. Today was almost as before I started taking these meds. I was able to focus but I couldn't keep the focus for very long whereas a few the past days I would focus on my work for hours. So I am not sure where that ability will fall once things settle.
The tiredness seems to settle a little bit but I don't trust that yet. I wouldn't be surprised if that came back. I am tired but also I feel more rested after sleeping and have an easier time sleeping through. Usually everything would wake me up.

So yea. I must say I am quite impressed at this medication so far. I can feel it working in me. Awkwardly impressive and positive so far.

Captain Underpants
[+] 2 users Like Leerob's post
21-01-2018, 04:55 PM
Today I had a big panic attack at work. I won't go into detail so it doesn't start again but it was bad.
I was able to reach out to some friends and to do some of the breathing excersize I learned at therapy.
So I calmed down after about half an hour or so. Anxiety has stayed throughout the day and I was able to reason with myself and put me back into "i don't give a shit anyway"-mode. But yea that happened today. I am hoping that tomorrow after work, I will be able to calm down completely as I have a meeting coming up that I am freaking out over. But I also have a good meeting coming up that I am looking forward to so I hope my day won't be completely fucked up. Well that is the anxiety talking a bit I guess. Trying to keep my shit together and get through tomorrow.

Captain Underpants
24-01-2018, 05:46 PM
Interesting how fast I could recover from the panic attack on Sunday. Today I was fine again. Usually with a panic attack of the level from Sunday, it would impact me for 5-7 days. Now it was only 3 days.
Those meds are the shit! Loving it.
I still had to do my grounding excersises that I am learning from therapy but at least now they worked.

Captain Underpants
[+] 1 user Likes Leerob's post