Anxiety over moving

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-12-2016, 07:21 PM
Anxiety over moving
So, I live in a duplex with a nosey neighbor. I was planning on moving anyways, because of this neighbor, but not until spring. Well, the owner of this property is selling the place so now I have to adjust my move to the ending of next month because the owner is ruining my life while selling this place. My lease isn't even up until October 2017. I would stay here but in the last week and a half they have been in my place 5 times and they are planning on doing a showing once every 2 days!!! So, needless to say since I have a family we are moving sooner as the disruption is causing me and my family problems. I'm having a lot of anxieties about moving again. Just wanted somewhere to safely express them. Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-12-2016, 09:54 PM
RE: Anxiety over moving
Having to rip up you nest and rebuild at a strange place is never fun. Keep well and remember not to dump a tin of sardines into the air duct on your way out.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
02-12-2016, 10:32 PM
Hug
02-12-2016, 11:11 PM
I'm sorry you are going through this. Like paleophyte said, moving is never fun, especially when done so abruptly--and as you say, it was not something you even planned on doing.

I was in a similar situation years ago. What helped me was looking at the big picture, then just focusing on one step at a time. Doing this helped me not to get so overwhelmed with everything.

Good luck with your move. I hope everything goes smoothly for you and your family.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
03-12-2016, 02:51 AM
It can seem like a lot but when you finally get it done, it'll be like all the stress just goes away.

Take it from someone who had to move abut 10 times in the span of two years, one of those including being kicked out by evening and spending all night into the AM loading a U-Haul truck in the middle of winter.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
03-12-2016, 06:05 AM
It can be stressful, for sure! And annoying to have people coming through to view your space. How legal is it, since you have a lease, that the owner is breaking it by requiring you to leave with so little notice? I ask because the last time I had a leased apartment, the owner did sell, but the new owners weren't allowed to throw us out, and they had to continue to rent to us at our current rent until our lease was up...at which time they increased the rent to a stratospheric level and we left.

However, I'd have to say that while moving involves a whole bunch of hassles, there's something exciting to me about going to a new place. You don't know whether the changes are going to be pluses or minuses, or just different, but you know that there'll be changes. That's kind of a fun prospect.

I've slowed down on moving around now, but when I was younger I moved quite frequently. A few times I wound up in a worse situation, but most of the time it was better. (And even when it was worse, when I was a grownup, I knew I could always move again if things didn't work out)
03-12-2016, 08:46 AM
Whoa.......

Did you say "LEASE"????

If you've got a signed lease - you've probably got a really good case for a lawsuit.....

I'd be digging that lease out - and getting to a lawyer pronto.

I don't know where you're living --- but the whole POINT of a lease is to guarantee the rental agreement cannot be changed or vacated until the lease period is up.

Unless you've failed to make payments -- you can probably prevent your eviction until the time that the lease is up.

I've never heard of a lease that allows the landlord to throw someone out, because they want to sell.......

I've actually heard of cases - where the landlord failed to pay a mortgage on the property -- and the tenant was able to stay in the unit - despite the bank taking possession -- until the lease ran out......

You might even be able to squeeze a fair cash settlement out of the landlord.....

GET A LAWYER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
03-12-2016, 04:34 PM
Thank you all very much. Yes, we have paid on time or early since we have been here. I will be talking to a lawyer on Monday.
03-12-2016, 04:54 PM
Moving sucks but being in a new place for the first night is always such a good feeling!

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
03-12-2016, 05:03 PM
Moving is rough, but I've been learning lately that our anxieties are sometimes worse than reality...than what actually turns out happening. Think of all the positives from moving, and this will help lessen your anxiety. Hug Good luck to you!

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 2 users Like Deidre32's post