Any Canadians?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-06-2013, 07:25 AM
Any Canadians?
This has more to do with issues in Canada, particularly Ontario. When organizations receive public funding does that put them on the same footing as our schools regarding prayer? Our seniors have received funding for kitchen/meeting hall and has received funding for various activities, including monthly lunches. Prayer always precedes the lunch and the Lord's Prayer always precedes the monthly meeting. Some of the funding is federal and some provincial. I contend that prayer should be restricted to temples of worship or church sanctioned activities, not public buildings. The Lions put on an annual dinner for the seniors and again the dinner is opened with a prayer. This seems based on the assumption that everyone is a Christian when that's not the case.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-06-2013, 07:35 AM
RE: Any Canadians?
Aren't they supposed to be Secular? Consider

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lions_Clubs_International

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
07-06-2013, 04:19 PM
RE: Any Canadians?
Yes, as quoted in the link. How would one go about dealing with the lunch prayer, always delivered by a fundamentalist evangelical, and the meeting prayer. I have served as a board director with a large company; prayer did not precede any meetings. Needless to say I was shocked when it was suggested at a senior's club board meeting.