Any Chile-Heads Out There?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-09-2013, 07:59 PM
Any Chile-Heads Out There?
Since we're all going to hell...might as well train for it...right?

So...any of you crave the heat daily?

[Image: 535376_3660581526974_95572605_n.jpg]

[Image: 382517_3230032083507_933900218_n.jpg]

[Image: 180810_1512187418464_1569760_n.jpg]

So what are you? Eat the heat? Grower? Thrill seeker? Any/All the above?

Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata...hiding amongst the candy...hoping the kids don't break through with the stick!

---Master Tang---
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like LunchBox's post
30-09-2013, 08:14 PM
RE: Any Chile-Heads Out There?
Hell yes. I like to put them on my pizza. I also canned a whole bunch of jars of hot pepper relish, which is just made from diced peppers, vinegar, sugar, water. I used habaneros, serrano, anaheim and poblano, but the recipe calls for banana peppers or some such weak shit. I've also made various types of my own hot sauce, last one with mangos and habaneros. I also make my own salsa.

I have tried to grow habaneros for the past couple of years, but without too much success. They're a bit hard to find around here most of the time (I usually only find them at the farmer's market weekly thing, not in the grocery stores).
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes amyb's post
30-09-2013, 08:22 PM
(30-09-2013 08:14 PM)amyb Wrote:  Hell yes. I like to put them on my pizza. I also canned a whole bunch of jars of hot pepper relish, which is just made from diced peppers, vinegar, sugar, water. I used habaneros, serrano, anaheim and poblano, but the recipe calls for banana peppers or some such weak shit. I've also made various types of my own hot sauce, last one with mangos and habaneros. I also make my own salsa.

I have tried to grow habaneros for the past couple of years, but without too much success. They're a bit hard to find around here most of the time (I usually only find them at the farmer's market weekly thing, not in the grocery stores).

Depending on where you live, certain types of chiles might be a little harder to grow. Soil conditions, pH level, nutrients, drainage...these are all HUGE factors...and every damn chile requires something different. If you want to grow...hit me up about 2 months before the last frost in your area. I may be able to help a bit with your climate conditions, type of growing, and soil type. Also...if you do want to grow...C O M P O S T!

Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata...hiding amongst the candy...hoping the kids don't break through with the stick!

---Master Tang---
30-09-2013, 08:35 PM (This post was last modified: 30-09-2013 08:41 PM by amyb.)
True, but the local farmers who sell stuff seem to be doing ok with the peppers. I might just stick to buying them, and just growing onions and tomatoes. I know that my soil had been terribly depleted of everything, but I did fertilize it and try to take care of that this year, and all my other plants did very well (tomatoes, lettuce, onions, bell peppers, green beans, carrots).

I will keep it mind, though. ^_^

In the meantime I have pickled and canned some, and made jelly and relish.

I also make some stuff with roasted chilis, olive oil, garlic, salt and oregano to put on crackers and chips and even pizza and burgers. My uncle used to buy something similar and got me hooked on putting it on everything.

I have also started wearing gloves when chopping them. Somehow they burn my fingers/eyes/nose more than my mouth.
30-09-2013, 10:43 PM
Whatever that stuff is in that last picture, I need it in my mouth. Now. Yesterday if possible.

I do love me some heat, and I'm a sucker for green salsa in almost any form.

"Good news, everyone!"
-Cody
01-10-2013, 07:37 AM
I love hot and spicy food.

I started wearing gloves when I prepare them after once rubbing my eye after preping some Scotch Bonnets.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
01-10-2013, 09:56 AM
Chili. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
01-10-2013, 02:53 PM
(01-10-2013 09:56 AM)Chas Wrote:  Chili. Drinking Beverage

Chili is a meat stew..."chile" is a pepper. I swear to the magical space pirate.

---Master Tang---
[+] 2 users Like LunchBox's post
01-10-2013, 04:45 PM (This post was last modified: 01-10-2013 04:49 PM by Mr Woof.)
(01-10-2013 02:53 PM)LunchBox Wrote:  

Chili is a meat stew..."chile" is a pepper. I swear to the magical space pirate.

It's the taste that counts, not the spelling.Blush

Ozzie, the Chilli Factory Devil's Delirium (Jolokia Paste)---- IS SUPER BREATHTAKING HOT!!
01-10-2013, 04:50 PM
(01-10-2013 02:53 PM)LunchBox Wrote:  

chil·i
ˈCHilē/
noun
a : a hot pepper of any of a group of cultivars (Capsicum annuum annuum group longum) noted for their pungency —called also chili pepper
b usually chilli plural chillies also chil·lis chiefly British : a pepper whether hot or sweet
a : a thick sauce of meat and chilies
b : chili con carne

Chile
Country
Chile, officially the Republic of Chile, is a South American country occupying a long, narrow strip of land between the Andes mountains to the east and the Pacific Ocean to the west. Wikipedia
Capital: Santiago
Dialing code: 56
Currency: Chilean peso
President: Sebastián Piñera
Official language: Spanish Language
Government: Unitary state, Presidential system, Democratic republic, Constitutional republic

It is well known that the magical space pirate is not to be trusted.Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post