Any Chile-Heads Out There?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-10-2013, 05:16 PM
RE: Any Chile-Heads Out There?
(01-10-2013 04:50 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(01-10-2013 02:53 PM)LunchBox Wrote:  Chili is a meat stew..."chile" is a pepper. I swear to the magical space pirate.

chil·i
ˈCHilē/
noun
a : a hot pepper of any of a group of cultivars (Capsicum annuum annuum group longum) noted for their pungency —called also chili pepper
b usually chilli plural chillies also chil·lis chiefly British : a pepper whether hot or sweet
a : a thick sauce of meat and chilies
b : chili con carne

Chile
Country
Chile, officially the Republic of Chile, is a South American country occupying a long, narrow strip of land between the Andes mountains to the east and the Pacific Ocean to the west. Wikipedia
Capital: Santiago
Dialing code: 56
Currency: Chilean peso
President: Sebastián Piñera
Official language: Spanish Language
Government: Unitary state, Presidential system, Democratic republic, Constitutional republic

It is well known that the magical space pirate is not to be trusted.Drinking Beverage

Thank God. Finally a serious debate on this forum. Chili or Chile? Dispute Never Seems to Cool Off Big Grin

Breathing - it's more art than science.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-10-2013, 06:23 PM
(01-10-2013 04:50 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(01-10-2013 02:53 PM)LunchBox Wrote:  Chili is a meat stew..."chile" is a pepper. I swear to the magical space pirate.

chil·i
ˈCHilē/
noun
a : a hot pepper of any of a group of cultivars (Capsicum annuum annuum group longum) noted for their pungency —called also chili pepper
b usually chilli plural chillies also chil·lis chiefly British : a pepper whether hot or sweet

Chile
Country
Chile, officially the Republic of Chile, is a South American country occupying a long, narrow strip of land between the Andes mountains to the east and the Pacific Ocean to the west. Wikipedia
Government: Unitary state, Presidential system, Democratic republic, Constitutional republic

It is well known that the magical space pirate is not to be trusted.Drinking Beverage

AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!

OK seriously...most of us "in the industry" (growers <like myself>, sauce makers, chefs, spice traders), and especially those of us in the south refer to them as "chiles". So basically what you're doing here, is enforcing your regional grammer supremacy on me...damn this system...

Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata...hiding amongst the candy...hoping the kids don't break through with the stick!

---Master Tang---
[+] 1 user Likes LunchBox's post
01-10-2013, 06:35 PM
(01-10-2013 06:23 PM)LunchBox Wrote:  
(01-10-2013 04:50 PM)Chas Wrote:  chil·i
ˈCHilē/
noun

Chile
Country

AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!

OK seriously...most of us "in the industry" (growers <like myself>, sauce makers, chefs, spice traders), and especially those of us in the south refer to them as "chiles". So basically what you're doing here, is enforcing your regional grammer supremacy on me...damn this system...

Someone has to teach you barbarians how to spek n spel gud.Angry

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
08-10-2013, 01:53 PM
I love me some chilis. The big three uses for chili peppers for me;

1. Multi-use sauces: good for sandwiches, shrimp, or samosa. Usually made with Jalapeno or something like that - mildly spicy for some flavour.

2. Eggs: eating eggs on their own is boring. You need to add mushrooms, chives, peppercorn, cheese, and some chili peppers. I like to bulk up my eggs with veggies, so for peppers I usually use a combination of bell peppers and Cubanelles with something a bit spicy like Hungarian wax peppers.

3. For hamburgers: I like to add a mildly spicy chili powder to the beef, and then add diced and fried Scotch bonnets and Cubanelles to the bun.

I think my recently-acquired love of peppers is a result of my childhood, because I was raised on extremely bland foods like potatoes, roast beef, flavourless pork, corn, and bread.

If something can be destroyed by the truth, it might be worth destroying.

[Image: ZcC2kGl.png]
16-10-2013, 06:52 AM
Here's something new for chile-heads to wrap their taste buds around. Drooling
It's got plenty of heat and a full supply of smoky flavor along with the citrus notes of the habanero.

Shown below are three states of habanero: fresh, dried and Chupacabara Dust.

Enjoy carefully! "Get in it you, not on you."
No salt, sugars or preservatives. Just hella good.

For more info, ping me.
http://www.ChupacabraDust.com

[Image: CD_shaker_picnic.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Heretic's post
16-10-2013, 05:38 PM
(16-10-2013 06:52 AM)Heretic Wrote:  Here's something new for chile-heads to wrap their taste buds around. Drooling
It's got plenty of heat and a full supply of smoky flavor along with the citrus notes of the habanero.

That looks ... frightening. ... Wonder what would happen if you rolled it up into a spliff and smoked it. Consider

16-10-2013, 06:03 PM
(16-10-2013 05:38 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(16-10-2013 06:52 AM)Heretic Wrote:  Here's something new for chile-heads to wrap their taste buds around. Drooling

That looks ... frightening. ... Wonder what would happen if you rolled it up into a spliff and smoked it. Consider

[Image: Hitchhikersguide_zps7678fbae.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
17-10-2013, 07:38 PM
You don't have to smoke it. It will smoke you. Evil_monster

(16-10-2013 05:38 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

17-10-2013, 07:56 PM
(17-10-2013 07:38 PM)Heretic Wrote:  You don't have to smoke it. It will smoke you. Evil_monster

This is actually an ingenious strategy for breaking into this market. Most come into this market promoting their own sauce but Girly likes to make his own sauce and likes access to the raw ingredients to make my own.

17-10-2013, 08:21 PM
(17-10-2013 07:56 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(17-10-2013 07:38 PM)Heretic Wrote:  You don't have to smoke it. It will smoke you. Evil_monster

This is actually an ingenious strategy for breaking into this market. Most come into this market promoting their own sauce but Girly likes to make his own sauce and likes access to the raw ingredients to make my own.

I think it's a prime candidate as a staple on the shelf of inventive chile heads.

Fortunately, Xians don't live by the Bible as written.