Any Chile-Heads Out There?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-12-2013, 08:06 PM
RE: Any Chile-Heads Out There?
Today I accidentally maced myself. I normally put peppers on the pan to cook them the second I turn on the burner, along with the other ingredients, but I happened to set the heat one notch too high, got distracted for a minute, came back and created instant aerosolized capsaicin.

First time I've made that mistake, and the last time as well.

Luckily I only used mildly spicy peppers. The effects were not pleasant, but they were liveable.

If something can be destroyed by the truth, it might be worth destroying.

[Image: ZcC2kGl.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Elesjei's post
07-12-2013, 04:00 AM
(06-12-2013 08:06 PM)Elesjei Wrote:  Today I accidentally maced myself. I normally put peppers on the pan to cook them the second I turn on the burner, along with the other ingredients, but I happened to set the heat one notch too high, got distracted for a minute, came back and created instant aerosolized capsaicin.

First time I've made that mistake, and the last time as well.

Luckily I only used mildly spicy peppers. The effects were not pleasant, but they were liveable.

Pussy.

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
12-12-2013, 06:07 PM
(01-10-2013 06:35 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(01-10-2013 06:23 PM)LunchBox Wrote:  AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!

OK seriously...most of us "in the industry" (growers <like myself>, sauce makers, chefs, spice traders), and especially those of us in the south refer to them as "chiles". So basically what you're doing here, is enforcing your regional grammer supremacy on me...damn this system...

Someone has to teach you barbarians how to spek n spel gud.Angry

Pero, en México dice "chile"! Ay, payaso!

Love me some heat in almost any form.

While we are speaking of spicy, has anyone ever tried one of these?: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sichuan_pepper

I accidentally got an actual kernel of this hidden in a piece of fish on my first trip to Shanghai. The sensation is as described, like putting a 9V battery to your tongue. But, nobody warned me (probably didn't think to). Sure surprised me!

Totally different experience from chiles, though. Living in Southern California, we have access to some pretty good stuff at our farmer's markets.

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
[+] 1 user Likes Cardinal Smurf's post