Any Christians for a fruitful skype debate?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-02-2012, 07:11 PM
Any Christians for a fruitful skype debate?
Hi, I'm an atheist and me and another friend constantly discuss contradictions and other fun things in the bible and such and we would like to have a nice discussion/debate or whatever you want to call it with a christian.

Topics such as:

- Christian fundamentalists vs moderates
- Reasons to believe in the bible
- The assertion that god exists
- Why objective morality is B.S.

And anything else you would like to discuss, doesn't matter.

My skype name is: gageibbetson and I will be online for this at 10PM EST tonight and throughout the night or most any other day if this is not a good time for you.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GageIbbetson's post
19-02-2012, 07:45 PM
RE: Any Christians for a fruitful skype debate?
Hey Gage. welcome to the forum. Hopefully you will take part in some of the other interesting and zany conversations we like to have here.
We don't have a lot of christians on the forum, and only two that would be likely to take you up on your offer. But really the first is KingsChosen. He is a pretty busy guy, and I think he might be getting a little bored of theology debate, but either way he's probably not likely to take you up on your offer until he gets to know you better.
The other just converted to his own religion, and I doubt you'd enjoy a debate with him very much. His name is Egor.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
19-02-2012, 08:00 PM
You just may want to try a 'theist' site Smile

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 3 users Like aurora's post
19-02-2012, 08:02 PM
There's Sharks ... and isn't there a Catholic running around somewhere? I suck with names... I want to say it's "Thomas something..." he/she has kind of a Knights Templar guy for an avatar, I think. Shy

I'll find out and edit. Dodgy

Got it: TarzanSmith! Told you I suck with names. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
19-02-2012, 08:04 PM
There was a catholic but he's an atheist now. Nagoda.

Sharks9 is like... never on... I think he turned into a unicorn.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
19-02-2012, 08:15 PM (This post was last modified: 19-02-2012 08:18 PM by kim.)
(19-02-2012 08:04 PM)lucradis Wrote:  There was a catholic but he's an atheist now. Nagoda.

Sharks9 is like... never on... I think he turned into a unicorn.

No... that other one... TarzanSmith. He's some kind of cat licker ... seriously. Shy

Here - check out his thread. Angel

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
19-02-2012, 08:19 PM
Oh yes, I haven't really had any interactions with tarzan. Cat licker? really?
[Image: 1VhBK.gif]

19-02-2012, 08:45 PM
(19-02-2012 08:19 PM)lucradis Wrote:  Oh yes, I haven't really had any interactions with tarzan. Cat licker? really?

Man, I lived with a half-assed catholic who referred to himself in exactly this manner - I endured his evil shit for 12 years. Since he took me for almost every cent I had while trying to extract more, and the last catholic I encountered tried to do the same.... I consider myself entitled to call the money grubbing psychos anything I want.

Spoils of war, baby. Angel

19-02-2012, 09:08 PM
I posted this here because I've seen a few christian posters. And on other christian forums that I've seen, any threads that raise questions they don't like get removed so I'm wary of wasting time posting a thread asking to debate someone when they'll probably get deleted Tongue
19-02-2012, 09:28 PM
(19-02-2012 09:08 PM)GageIbbetson Wrote:  I posted this here because I've seen a few christian posters. And on other christian forums that I've seen, any threads that raise questions they don't like get removed so I'm wary of wasting time posting a thread asking to debate someone when they'll probably get deleted Tongue

This is certainly a danger, and has happened to me as well as others. But you're proposing a debate over Skype... I don't see how that can even physically be deleted (except your advertisement for it, which seems reasonable on any site).

Why not post a nice thread here opening up a debate? There's no reason a debate has to happen in real time, unless you think on your feet and have decided that you want to abuse this advantage. If your arguments can hold up to scrutiny, they're certainly worthy of being posted for all to see and comment on.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
[+] 1 user Likes Starcrash's post