Any Gamers Here?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-03-2012, 05:25 PM
Any Gamers Here?
Does anyone play any of these titles for the PS3 or Wii?
Dragon Age I or II
Borderlands
Call Of Duty: Black Ops
Call of Duty: MF3
Death Junior: Root Of Evil
Any Mario Fans even? I Heart that silly fat plumber!
Hooked on Both Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door and the Title for the Wii...which at the moment I cannot recall....
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes AnotherSinner's post
29-03-2012, 05:30 PM
RE: Any Gamers Here?
My Wii is broken but I LOVED Mario Kart with the steering wheel.

I got a PS3 and the move. I love the AC, God of War, GTA and Dynasty/Samurai Warriors series. Have you played any of these?

I've got COD but I've not really played it yet.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
29-03-2012, 05:34 PM
(29-03-2012 05:30 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  My Wii is broken but I LOVED Mario Kart with the steering wheel.

I got a PS3 and the move. I love the AC, God of War, GTA and Dynasty/Samurai Warriors series. Have you played any of these?

I've got COD but I've not really played it yet.
AC?
Oh do I LOVE MARIO KART! Just need to get it for our wii. Hubby and I play it at his mom's all the time!
Dynasty Warriors is great too...I like Zhen Ji...she puts a whole new twist in flute use! And ouch does it hurt! Samurai Warriors....that one have Lady Butterfly? ....Sounds familiar....
29-03-2012, 05:41 PM
(29-03-2012 05:34 PM)AnotherSinner Wrote:  AC?
Oh do I LOVE MARIO KART! Just need to get it for our wii. Hubby and I play it at his mom's all the time!
Dynasty Warriors is great too...I like Zhen Ji...she puts a whole new twist in flute use! And ouch does it hurt! Samurai Warriors....that one have Lady Butterfly? ....Sounds familiar....
AC = Assassins Creed

Lu Xun was my favourite from DW. Zhen Ji was pretty cool but Wei was my least favourite kingdom on the game.

Samurai Warriors is the DW spin-off series. It's set in Warring States period Japan. Some of the main characters are Nobunaga Oda, Hideyoshi Toyotomi and Ieyasu Tokugawa.

Goes without saying after DW and SW but I also love Warriors Orochi and can't wait for the new game next week Big Grin.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
29-03-2012, 05:44 PM
I play games, but I've hit a dead patch recently.
Me and the wife are working our way through Portal 2 co-op and the Lego Star Wars mega pack, but I haven't been feeling it lately.
I've been too into playing my guitar recently I guess.

Side note, I dislike Mario, but was surprised to find that I liked Paper Mario.

Girl gamers are rare, good for you.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-03-2012, 05:45 PM (This post was last modified: 29-03-2012 05:46 PM by AnotherSinner.)
(29-03-2012 05:41 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(29-03-2012 05:34 PM)AnotherSinner Wrote:  AC?
AC = Assassins Creed

Lu Xun was my favourite from DW. Zhen Ji was pretty cool but Wei was my least favourite kingdom on the game.

Samurai Warriors is the DW spin-off series. It's set in Warring States period Japan. Some of the main characters are Nobunaga Oda, Hideyoshi Toyotomi and Ieyasu Tokugawa.

Goes without saying after DW and SW but I also love Warriors Orochi and can't wait for the new game next week Big Grin.

Yes, played Samuria Warriors then. Like Oda's lady. She was killer with those pistols! *Pew Pew*

Assassins Creed I just could not commit to, but loved watching Hubby play. Then I felt that way about Devil May Cry...which sucked after the first... then I am a Virgil fan. Otherwise loved watching...though just could not get the controls for Metal Gear Solid! Now that is an AWESOME GAME SERIES!
(29-03-2012 05:44 PM)lucradis Wrote:  I play games, but I've hit a dead patch recently.
Me and the wife are working our way through Portal 2 co-op and the Lego Star Wars mega pack, but I haven't been feeling it lately.
I've been too into playing my guitar recently I guess.

Side note, I dislike Mario, but was surprised to find that I liked Paper Mario.

Girl gamers are rare, good for you.
Oooh LEGO STAR WARS! Love that GAME! Gosh...now I sound all like a little kid at a candy store. Have not really been in game lately myself. Too busy trying to keep my toddler away from his newest fascination...putting things in the toilet.
[+] 1 user Likes AnotherSinner's post
29-03-2012, 06:10 PM
(29-03-2012 05:44 PM)lucradis Wrote:  Girl gamers are rare, good for you.
Ahh, "girl gamers". We have dismissed that claim.

"But the point is, find somebody to love. Everything else is overrated." - HouseofCantor
[+] 2 users Like Smooshmonster's post
29-03-2012, 06:17 PM
Sorry it wasn't meant as a derogatory term. Just a descriptive one.

My wife is a girl gamer. Though she doesn't like to play alone unless it's prince of persia.
I've only known one other female videogamer in my time, and she played more than me.

Most of the time you get women who have maybe played some mario or sonic. That's like the extent of their gaming repertoire.
It's always nice to hear that there are females tackling a genre of entertainment that is very heavily male dominated.
It can be daunting too I'd imagine especially when attempting online gaming of any nature.
Most of the guys online are irritating at best, and I say that as a male.
I've played online a few times when there were girls playing and I've literally had to tell the guys to lay off and play the game.
A lot of the guys who play online definitely fit the stereotypes we're all familiar with.

Gotta support the ladies willing ot navigate those dark seedy places.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-03-2012, 06:36 PM
Oh yes- my wife and I play games together all the time, usually it's been MMO's, but also Minecraft, Terraria, and some others.

I also play Battlefield 3, the MW games sometimes, and I have a Wii but I usually just use it for Wii Fit. Big Grin

Godzilla Kitten, Directed by J.J. Abrams
[Image: Kineoprojectfinished3_zps79916ea4.jpg]
30-03-2012, 04:07 AM
It was a joke, and a reference to Mass Effect. Tongue

But, Lucradis, You are very right. Gaming is a very male-dominated medium still. The problem isn't just online gaming, I've actually had very good experiences gaming on steam, but it is also that most video games are still aimed at a male audience. It's not that we can't still enjoy them, but it's very obvious when you're playing. From the design of female characters, to the dialogue, to the advertising campaigns themselves. Even BioWare fall terribly short when it comes to this.
And this isn't just just limited to video games. You will see it also in the concept art for rpg books such as D&D and Vampire the Masquerade. Women are scantily clad and hyper-sexualised in overwhelming numbers.

So it's not that much of a surprise that women are under-represented in online games and at cons. I remember last year, my prize for winning an award at a con was an "iron GM" shirt (because I'm awesome like that. The available sizes could've clothed 4 of me. Apparently, the response I got from the organisers was: "People who win this award are usually men. Big Men."

"But the point is, find somebody to love. Everything else is overrated." - HouseofCantor
[+] 1 user Likes Smooshmonster's post