Any Games of Thrones fans?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-10-2013, 03:03 PM
Any Games of Thrones fans?
Just recently started getting in the Game of Thrones and it is easily turning into one of my favorite shows by far.

Post opinions or anything Game of Thrones related or anything a newcomer to the show should know!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-10-2013, 03:06 PM
RE: Any Games of Thrones fans?
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...n-premiere

There are a few of us, here's a link to a thread.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
21-10-2013, 06:07 PM
if its not too late read the books after the show, visualising the world and the actors in your head makes it incredible.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 1 user Likes sporehux's post
21-10-2013, 06:11 PM
The books are truly amazing. I love love love the show! I just wish they didn't add sex for the sake of adding sex though. I'm certainly not a prude, but most of the added sex cheapens the story instead of enhancing it.
21-10-2013, 06:21 PM (This post was last modified: 21-10-2013 06:32 PM by ridethespiral.)
(21-10-2013 06:11 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  The books are truly amazing. I love love love the show! I just wish they didn't add sex for the sake of adding sex though. I'm certainly not a prude, but most of the added sex cheapens the story instead of enhancing it.

Most of it is either in the books or is actually less gratuitous/more condensed/sanitized compared to the novels.

Tryion always wants to know where the whores go.

Edit: oh I guess you did mean the novels... It's supposed to be gritty and gut wrenching... The American Tolkien. I think it needs it, you need to understand the characters and feel what they feel and sex and pain and shame are all part of that.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-10-2013, 06:28 PM
(21-10-2013 06:11 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  The books are truly amazing. I love love love the show! I just wish they didn't add sex for the sake of adding sex though. I'm certainly not a prude, but most of the added sex cheapens the story instead of enhancing it.

Obviously someone who can not read one handed. Laughat

could have been toned down a lot in the show though, was watching it with my mum and brother when little finger wipes the jiz off the whore...Shocking awkward.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
21-10-2013, 06:29 PM
Oooh you'd be mistaken lol
21-10-2013, 08:45 PM
Thanks guys! Definitely going to order the books now and read them after I finish all the seasons!