Any Independent or Third Party Voters?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-05-2012, 02:36 PM
Any Independent or Third Party Voters?
See a lot of Republican or Democrat threads in much of the forums I participate in.
Truth be told....both parties tend to disgust me a lot with their labels and constant
mudslinging. Know that is the way of politics, but does anyone get bored or tired of
it?

I tend to vote for a lot of the middle men that tend to get overlooked and
eventually stomped into the ground as they tend to have more of the views that
seem sound to me.

Know we all have our preferences, but anyone else here tend to vote for the middle
men? Or ladies.... candidates? Lol

A man's greatest pitfall is none other than himself. For only he can dig himself a hole he cannot get out of.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-05-2012, 02:41 PM
RE: Any Independent or Third Party Voters?
(08-05-2012 02:36 PM)AnotherSinner Wrote:  See a lot of Republican or Democrat threads in much of the forums I participate in.
Truth be told....both parties tend to disgust me a lot with their labels and constant
mudslinging. Know that is the way of politics, but does anyone get bored or tired of
it?

seem sound to me.

Know we all have our preferences, but anyone else here tend to vote for the middle
I'm by definition an Indepedent but I align with Libertarians on many social and fiscal issues. I've only voted once for a 3rd party candidate but I never vote for a certain pary just because. Right now the trouble with 3rd party candidates is that there is no room for them in government. Even 3rd party candidates that do get elected end up having to caucus with either dems or reps and get grouped into either the left side or right side of the isle. If I were to ever run for office I'd probably run as a 'blue-dog' Democrat.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
08-05-2012, 03:10 PM
(08-05-2012 02:41 PM)germanyt Wrote:  
(08-05-2012 02:36 PM)AnotherSinner Wrote:  See a lot of Republican or Democrat threads in much of the forums I participate in.
it?

seem sound to me.

I'm by definition an Indepedent but I align with Libertarians on many social and fiscal issues. I've only voted once for a 3rd party candidate but I never vote for a certain pary just because. Right now the trouble with 3rd party candidates is that there is no room for them in government. Even 3rd party candidates that do get elected end up having to caucus with either dems or reps and get grouped into either the left side or right side of the isle. If I were to ever run for office I'd probably run as a 'blue-dog' Democrat.
Very true assessment. Third party candidates do seem to get swallowed whole. Do not really vote unless feel the person that is running is going to support the 'people.' Not seeing much hope on the horizon of that though.

A man's greatest pitfall is none other than himself. For only he can dig himself a hole he cannot get out of.
08-05-2012, 03:31 PM
(08-05-2012 03:10 PM)AnotherSinner Wrote:  
(08-05-2012 02:41 PM)germanyt Wrote:  I'm by definition an Indepedent but I align with Libertarians on many social and fiscal issues. I've only voted once for a 3rd party candidate but I never vote for a certain pary just because. Right now the trouble with 3rd party candidates is that there is no room for them in government. Even 3rd party candidates that do get elected end up having to caucus with either dems or reps and get grouped into either the left side or right side of the isle. If I were to ever run for office I'd probably run as a 'blue-dog' Democrat.
Very true assessment. Third party candidates do seem to get swallowed whole. Do not really vote unless feel the person that is running is going to support the 'people.' Not seeing much hope on the horizon of that though.
I wish the RNC and DNC would go away and along with them, the letters next to each person's name. Congress is like a really irresponsible fraternity.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
08-05-2012, 03:33 PM
(08-05-2012 03:31 PM)germanyt Wrote:  
(08-05-2012 03:10 PM)AnotherSinner Wrote:  Very true assessment. Third party candidates do seem to get swallowed whole. Do not really vote unless feel the person that is running is going to support the 'people.' Not seeing much hope on the horizon of that though.
I wish the RNC and DNC would go away and along with them, the letters next to each person's name. Congress is like a really irresponsible fraternity.
Thumbsup

08-05-2012, 03:38 PM
I'm technically the green party representative in my area (AKA, the only one within 100 miles--there's more outside my area, and greens in offices outside my area). Although I vote for whoever I want, granted it falls into green then democrat then republican (for local office, and only if I know them personally, and then it's only happened once). Actually probably green, independent, "insert other party here", democrat, republican as the last in any case.

As far as politics go, however, I find it all to be a who does what for who -- or who has the most money -- or who wants to get re-elected. Doesn't really matter in ways, they'll end up doing whatever they want, and if they try to do good, will probably be outvoted or have something happen forcing them to submit.

Even in my small town, a person spoke out, and "mysteriously" wasn't able to run again (the signatures were disputed all the time, the paperwork was "lost" and other things--granted, they also did this to another candidate whom I thought didn't deserve it). Granted in the second case, the person would've practically criminalized being a teenager, as he wanted to ban children from driving and arrest them if they did (or something like that)--so I'm glad he lost (actually I voted republican just to vote against him). He said he was "independent" but eh, he was a tea-party "republican" based on prior things. But I digress.
[+] 1 user Likes elemts's post
09-05-2012, 02:59 PM
(08-05-2012 03:38 PM)elemts Wrote:  I'm technically the green party representative in my area (AKA, the only one within 100 miles--there's more outside my area, and greens in offices outside my area). Although I vote for whoever I want, granted it falls into green then democrat then republican (for local office, and only if I know them personally, and then it's only happened once). Actually probably green, independent, "insert other party here", democrat, republican as the last in any case.

As far as politics go, however, I find it all to be a who does what for who -- or who has the most money -- or who wants to get re-elected. Doesn't really matter in ways, they'll end up doing whatever they want, and if they try to do good, will probably be outvoted or have something happen forcing them to submit.

Even in my small town, a person spoke out, and "mysteriously" wasn't able to run again (the signatures were disputed all the time, the paperwork was "lost" and other things--granted, they also did this to another candidate whom I thought didn't deserve it). Granted in the second case, the person would've practically criminalized being a teenager, as he wanted to ban children from driving and arrest them if they did (or something like that)--so I'm glad he lost (actually I voted republican just to vote against him). He said he was "independent" but eh, he was a tea-party "republican" based on prior things. But I digress.
Have noticed that too. Especially last election. How figures that had some backing but not enough financially would just 'disappear' out of the race.

09-05-2012, 10:20 PM
it?

seem sound to me.

I'm a Libertarian

"...take a left on Sex and a Right on Money"
-Penn Jilette

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
10-05-2012, 04:30 PM
I plan to vote for Anderson. But if he doesn't make it on the ballot in Texas, then I'm voting for Stein.

If I had to align with a party, it would be Justice or Green. But I disagree with parties- people should run on their views. But in order to get there, we need to organization present in a party to get rid of the system that favors party.
24-06-2012, 02:30 PM
Green Party for life!!!!

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to us who do

-Isaac Asimov