Any Jehovah's Witnesses at your door lately?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-05-2017, 12:37 PM
RE: Any Jehovah's Witnesses at your door lately?
My last JW visitors were young women, one white and one black and both were very attractively dressed, so I complimented them on their appearance. I also told them that everyone on our farm was an atheist, but that I appreciated them stopping by and told them to drive safe and beware because we had just had an incident of robbers posing as sheriff patrol in the area.

They thanked me and told me that if I was interested in learning more about JW, I could visit their website and I said aghast, "Oh no, I would never do that! One of our family members is a recovering Jehovahs Witness!"

They were a bit taken aback, but left with good grace, as we each said goodbye, have a good day, etc.

I used to get involved, but this is much easier and less likely to upset my day....plus, the old flies with honey thing; it never hurts to represent atheists as kind and friendly and ...gosh!...just like believers.

"The Ox is slow, but the Earth is patient."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Jeanne's post
17-05-2017, 07:36 PM
"Any Jehovah's Witnesses at your door lately ?"

There were, ... now they're in the freezer in the basement.
just kidding Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
23-05-2017, 11:21 AM
I used to live round the corner from them but they were pretty subdued. Got this off their site though recently (and is now my wallpaper), pretty wicked

[Image: 2017082_univ_lsr_lg.jpg]
28-05-2017, 06:36 PM (This post was last modified: 28-05-2017 06:41 PM by iaresee76.)
As a former door knocker I can tell you that no subtle method will work as a deterrence. JW are methodical, tenacious and dense when it comes to covering their assigned territories...aka your precious homes. Signs of 'no solicitation' will rarely work. Either show up naked to the door every time or tell them you're disfellowshipped or even worse...an apostate. Shine them on? offer them athiest or anti JW materials. Mention the name Ray Franz! (defector of the worst sort) They should recognize the last name as one who was part of the JW governing body.
[+] 2 users Like iaresee76's post
28-05-2017, 08:41 PM
I live in a high rise apartment building. I don't get any door knockers except for the occasional confused visitor trying to locate the right apartment.
28-05-2017, 09:15 PM
(28-05-2017 06:36 PM)iaresee76 Wrote:  As a former door knocker I can tell you that no subtle method will work as a deterrence. JW are methodical, tenacious and dense when it comes to covering their assigned territories...aka your precious homes. Signs of 'no solicitation' will rarely work. Either show up naked to the door every time or tell them you're disfellowshipped or even worse...an apostate. Shine them on? offer them athiest or anti JW materials. Mention the name Ray Franz! (defector of the worst sort) They should recognize the last name as one who was part of the JW governing body.

Love your avatar! Thumbsup Did you disobey "No Trespassing" signs? What did it really take for you to not approach the (front) door? If you showed up at my back door, you would have had to pass through 2 or 3 gates, depending on which side you used, which would be really bad for your general well being. Just curious.
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
29-05-2017, 01:43 AM
The JW's are late this year. They usually make their first appearance before the second weekend in May. Maybe they're still smarting from the well-prepared brushoff I gave them last spring. Consider
[+] 1 user Likes Gwaithmir's post
29-05-2017, 06:36 AM
I invite them in.

They never come back.
29-05-2017, 09:12 AM
Some turned up at my SO's place late last week.

I was in the middle of demolishing a balcony. Two young women, impeccably dressed and well-mannered, asked if I would like to take a look at their literature about "family life in the modern era." Needless today, it wasn't a good time to talk. I just said, "No, thanks" and closed the door. Wasn't going to get into a tête–à–tête with them.
[+] 1 user Likes Heath_Tierney's post
29-05-2017, 01:45 PM
(29-05-2017 09:12 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  Some turned up at my SO's place late last week.

I was in the middle of demolishing a balcony. Two young women, impeccably dressed and well-mannered, asked if I would like to take a look at their literature about "family life in the modern era." Needless today, it wasn't a good time to talk. I just said, "No, thanks" and closed the door. Wasn't going to get into a tête–à–tête with them.
That is more or less how I handle such callers, whether they are JWs or the non-religious versions such as the nice young ladies trying to bamboozle me into signing up for a different electric power supplier. the other day It is how I would have handled the 1950s version, the Fuller Brush or Electrolux knock-off salesperson. "Now" is never a good time. If I'm home, I'm working or doing chores or spending time with my family, not waiting around to be regaled by some random yokel with some random bill of goods to sell.
[+] 3 users Like mordant's post