Any Jehovah's Witnesses at your door lately?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-05-2017, 02:14 PM
RE: Any Jehovah's Witnesses at your door lately?
I had one experience for a large church near our area that was pulling in new members. I just ignored it, as my dad was polite, letting the man inside and talked about the church. Which he ended up trying up, but didn't really like the messages it gave.

Now another experience was this lady was knocking on our door and offered to sell us some large English, Math, and Science textbooks. From kindergarten to college level ways of writing/working in it.

"Governments don't want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking That is against their interests.
They want obedient workers people who are just smart enough to run the machines and do the paperwork And just dumb enough to passively accept it."

- George Carlin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-05-2017, 11:26 AM
(28-05-2017 09:15 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(28-05-2017 06:36 PM)iaresee76 Wrote:  As a former door knocker I can tell you that no subtle method will work as a deterrence. JW are methodical, tenacious and dense when it comes to covering their assigned territories...aka your precious homes. Signs of 'no solicitation' will rarely work. Either show up naked to the door every time or tell them you're disfellowshipped or even worse...an apostate. Shine them on? offer them athiest or anti JW materials. Mention the name Ray Franz! (defector of the worst sort) They should recognize the last name as one who was part of the JW governing body.

Love your avatar! Thumbsup Did you disobey "No Trespassing" signs? What did it really take for you to not approach the (front) door? If you showed up at my back door, you would have had to pass through 2 or 3 gates, depending on which side you used, which would be really bad for your general well being. Just curious.

I thought I was pretty mindful of people's space so If I saw a no trespassing sign I'd generally skip over. The majority of JW are not like that. There's so much pressure to cover your areas well and of course you want to save as many people as possible from the impending end of the world. I have seen so many old school JW's be near aggressive in their proselytizing. Literally sticking their foot in the door when someone tries to politely shut it etc. cray cray

p.s the avatar is something I've borrowed from some wacky JW media that has come out in the past few years. One of their kid friendly videos warning of the many dangers...in this case a particular doll this kid has an affinity for: Sparlok, the magical wizard! Its a lovely video showcasing how his mother 'tactfully' handles this with her son. Her explanation? because Jehovah hates magic. And how we need to obey him even when we don't always understand. this kind of simplistic reductive reasoning is a hallmark of JW thinking.
[+] 1 user Likes iaresee76's post
31-05-2017, 07:20 PM
They came by a couple weeks ago. They asked if there was anything they could do for me, such as yard work. I asked if they could pay my hospital bills. They laughed at me. LAUGHED, I tell you!
[+] 3 users Like captainphilbo's post
31-05-2017, 07:24 PM
(31-05-2017 07:20 PM)captainphilbo Wrote:  They came by a couple weeks ago. They asked if there was anything they could do for me, such as yard work. I asked if they could pay my hospital bills. They laughed at me. LAUGHED, I tell you!

If they were smart, the would have said they'd pray for you...
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
02-06-2017, 08:46 AM
Well, the buggers finally showed up yesterday while I was out. This morning I found a copy of THE WATCHTOWER and a religious tract on my back porch. Dodgy
02-06-2017, 09:46 PM
(02-06-2017 08:46 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  Well, the buggers finally showed up yesterday while I was out. This morning I found a copy of THE WATCHTOWER and a religious tract on my back porch. Dodgy

I'd suggest driving around to the Kingdom Hall and leaving a copy of The Hobbit on their back porch, but that would be a terrible waste of Tolkien.

I'm sorry, but your beliefs are much too silly to take seriously. Got anything else we can discuss?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Astreja's post
02-06-2017, 09:54 PM
(02-06-2017 09:46 PM)Astreja Wrote:  
(02-06-2017 08:46 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  Well, the buggers finally showed up yesterday while I was out. This morning I found a copy of THE WATCHTOWER and a religious tract on my back porch. Dodgy

I'd suggest driving around to the Kingdom Hall and leaving a copy of The Hobbit on their back porch, but that would be a terrible waste of Tolkien.

> Indeed. However, I do have atheist tracts to hand them when they visit.
[+] 1 user Likes Gwaithmir's post
03-06-2017, 05:20 AM
(02-06-2017 09:54 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  
(02-06-2017 09:46 PM)Astreja Wrote:  I'd suggest driving around to the Kingdom Hall and leaving a copy of The Hobbit on their back porch, but that would be a terrible waste of Tolkien.

> Indeed. However, I do have atheist tracts to hand them when they visit.

Blank sheets of paper?

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
03-06-2017, 11:41 AM
(03-06-2017 05:20 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(02-06-2017 09:54 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  > Indeed. However, I do have atheist tracts to hand them when they visit.

Blank sheets of paper?

> Actually, the titles are Ten Common Myths About Atheists, Dear Bible Believer and Dear Christian. They're available from Freedom From Religion Foundation. Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Gwaithmir's post
04-06-2017, 08:29 AM
The house next door is empty with a FOR SALE sign out front. The JW's left their tracts on the porch anyway. Laughat