Any Jehovah's Witnesses at your door lately?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-06-2017, 08:45 AM
RE: Any Jehovah's Witnesses at your door lately?
(04-06-2017 08:29 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  The house next door is empty with a FOR SALE sign out front. The JW's left their tracts on the porch anyway. Laughat

Saved as many there as at your house. Yes
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
04-06-2017, 03:53 PM
My man is often working on Saturday mornings when they ring our doorbell and since I don't answer the door for people I don't know when I'm home alone, I just let my dogs go crazy barking at them from the window until they leave. I check to make sure it's not someone who needs help (we live on a main road and have had wrecks happen right outside and cyclists pass out on the hill and all kinds of stuff), and once I see it's JW, I go back to whatever I was doing. I was outside the last time they were in the neighborhood and I noticed they skipped my house lol. Thumbsup

“Don't worry. You're just as sane as I am." -Luna Lovegood
04-06-2017, 05:24 PM
I ran into a couple of them while walking my dog. I said I'm an anglican and threatened them with hell. Turned out JWs don't believe in hell.
[+] 1 user Likes xieulong's post
04-06-2017, 06:10 PM
(04-06-2017 05:24 PM)xieulong Wrote:  I ran into a couple of them while walking my dog. I said I'm an anglican and threatened them with hell. Turned out JWs don't believe in hell.
Yes, they are annihilationists, they believe that oblivion awaits the unbelieving and unfaithful. Seems fair enough to me. I get to have blood transfusions if I need them, am allowed to believe scientific discoveries, and then when I die I just cease to exist.
[+] 3 users Like mordant's post
18-08-2017, 04:27 PM
I missed the usual second visit of the JW's this week. They apparently came to my door last Saturday or Monday when I was out for most of the day. I found their tracts and THE WATCHTOWER on my back porch. Dodgy
18-08-2017, 04:30 PM
(04-06-2017 06:10 PM)mordant Wrote:  
(04-06-2017 05:24 PM)xieulong Wrote:  I ran into a couple of them while walking my dog. I said I'm an anglican and threatened them with hell. Turned out JWs don't believe in hell.
Yes, they are annihilationists, they believe that oblivion awaits the unbelieving and unfaithful. Seems fair enough to me. I get to have blood transfusions if I need them, am allowed to believe scientific discoveries, and then when I die I just cease to exist.

What an existence.
18-08-2017, 04:30 PM
(18-08-2017 04:27 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  I missed the usual second visit of the JW's this week. They apparently came to my door last Saturday or Monday when I was out for most of the day. I found their tracts and THE WATCHTOWER on my back porch. Dodgy

Did you read it?
18-08-2017, 04:35 PM
(18-08-2017 04:30 PM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  
(18-08-2017 04:27 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  I missed the usual second visit of the JW's this week. They apparently came to my door last Saturday or Monday when I was out for most of the day. I found their tracts and THE WATCHTOWER on my back porch. Dodgy

Did you read it?

> They refuse to read atheist literature I show them, so their stuff goes straight to the paper recycling bin. Quid pro quo. Thumbsup
18-08-2017, 04:36 PM
(18-08-2017 04:35 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  
(18-08-2017 04:30 PM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  Did you read it?

> They refuse to read atheist literature I show them, so their stuff goes straight to the paper recycling bin. Quid pro quo. Thumbsup

But that's petty. You should have at least read it to gain an understanding of their position, don't you think?
18-08-2017, 04:38 PM
(18-08-2017 04:36 PM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  
(18-08-2017 04:35 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  > They refuse to read atheist literature I show them, so their stuff goes straight to the paper recycling bin. Quid pro quo. Thumbsup

But that's petty. You should have at least read it to gain an understanding of their position, don't you think?

> I have dealt with JW's for over 40 years. I understand their position and their foibles quite well. Yes