Any Jehovah's Witnesses at your door lately?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-04-2017, 08:26 PM
RE: Any Jehovah's Witnesses at your door lately?
JWs are really freaked out by being in contact with anyone or anything they deem 'worldly'. I suppose they are shielding their eyes from the worldly world.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
04-04-2017, 08:28 PM
(04-04-2017 08:25 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Some jovies showed up on my doorstep about 6 weeks ago. I told them that I wasn't the least bit interested, and closed the door. One of them had the nerve to give me a dirty look. Laugh out load Last weekend, we had a visit from some different jovies. I could tell by their dress that they were pushing jeebus, and told my youngest son this. We didn't answer the door. We took my MIL to lunch, and on the way out, I spotted a little flyer from them telling us where we could get a Watchtower magazine if we wanted. Dodgy The first set left an "X" on the curb by the numbers painted on the curb. Can't they read their own hobo sign? Hobo

So, I'm going to make a sign for the gate that leads to the portico. I'm thinking that this could be the words, but I'm thinking that some more input from the worthies here would make it more direct. I like direct, in my communications. Yes

"Whatever it is you are selling, we either already have it, or don't want it"

Now, my wife is a True Believer™, so I can't say "This includes YOUR brand of Jesus", or something, but I'd like to get that across, somehow. My wife is pretty (well, really smart), so maybe being subtle at that point is useless.

Recommendations?

> "No solicitors of any kind!"

> "This is an atheist household. We have no use for religious literature."
[+] 1 user Likes Gwaithmir's post
04-04-2017, 08:30 PM
(04-04-2017 08:25 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Some jovies showed up on my doorstep about 6 weeks ago. I told them that I wasn't the least bit interested, and closed the door. One of them had the nerve to give me a dirty look. Laugh out load Last weekend, we had a visit from some different jovies. I could tell by their dress that they were pushing jeebus, and told my youngest son this. We didn't answer the door. We took my MIL to lunch, and on the way out, I spotted a little flyer from them telling us where we could get a Watchtower magazine if we wanted. Dodgy The first set left an "X" on the curb by the numbers painted on the curb. Can't they read their own hobo sign? Hobo

So, I'm going to make a sign for the gate that leads to the portico. I'm thinking that this could be the words, but I'm thinking that some more input from the worthies here would make it more direct. I like direct, in my communications. Yes

Now, my wife is a True Believer™, so I can't say "This includes YOUR brand of Jesus", or something, but I'd like to get that across, somehow. My wife is pretty (well, really smart), so maybe being subtle at that point is useless.

Recommendations?

Our 'No Soliciting' sign does not work on JWs...it works on Boy Scouts, high school band members, and nearly everyone else but not JWs.

It is kind of fun when I answer the door and see the fear in their faces since I am usually in shorts around the house and that means nearly all my tattoos are on display...they no likey the ink. Evil_monster

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 5 users Like Anjele's post
04-04-2017, 08:32 PM
(04-04-2017 08:30 PM)Anjele Wrote:  

Recommendations?

Our 'No Soliciting' sign does not work on JWs...it works on Boy Scouts, high school band members, and nearly everyone else but not JWs.

It is kind of fun when I answer the door and see the fear in their faces since I am usually in shorts around the house and that means nearly all my tattoos are on display...they no likey the ink. Evil_monster

> You can always tell them that they are forgiven because the sign doesn't apply to illiterates. Laughat
[+] 2 users Like Gwaithmir's post
04-04-2017, 08:33 PM
Dad would pat his rotund bare belly and declare himself a Bhuddist. This sent them packing too.
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
04-04-2017, 08:50 PM
Got one just the other day. The first at the new address actually. They used to bug my girlfriend all the time at our old address because she didn't have the heart to tell them she's an atheist because they were really nice. If I answered the door, however, they'd simply ask if she was available to speak with. I guess I wasn't even on their "maybe" list. I'm not an asshole intentionally, but if they start the conversation and ask me the right questions, I do tend to speak my mind.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 4 users Like yakherder's post
04-04-2017, 09:06 PM
One could always try the "I've been disfellowshipped" line? Supposedly they're not to even speak to someone who has been that level of kicked out.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Shai Hulud's post
04-04-2017, 09:48 PM
I DO recall that my mother, who was a devout Catholic, actually called their "Kingdom Hall", and had her name "stricken from the rolls", as they call it. I'm actually a pretty nice guy, now that I have gotten all that fighting and fornicating out of my system, during my time in the US Navy. Not. Laugh out load Maybe I'll call 'em and troll 'em, so that they'll STAY THE FUCK OFF MY PORCH! Angry Laugh out load
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
05-04-2017, 12:25 AM
Had a couple of JW ladies at my door last week, just politely said I wasn't interested and they left, equally politely. Didn't even try to leave me a leaflet.

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk
[+] 1 user Likes ukatheist's post
05-04-2017, 12:33 AM
You could try the reverse psychology sign "Do you want to know the Truth about Jesus?" Tongue Then if anyone does knock you can see if you can out-crazy their crazy.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post