Any Jehovah's Witnesses at your door lately?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-04-2017, 07:30 AM
RE: Any Jehovah's Witnesses at your door lately?
For some odd reason, they leave when I answer the door naked.....

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like onlinebiker's post
05-04-2017, 07:45 AM
I've seen them riding around on bikes in my town, but no sign of em in my neighborhood.

Kinda wish they'd show up Sad

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
05-04-2017, 08:18 AM
(04-04-2017 07:58 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  My brother, sister and I got together for lunch at our mom's house yesterday. After the meal we were sitting down in the game room for our weekly Mahjong session when the doorbell rang. I went to the front door and there stood a young woman handing out pamphlets on how Easter is supposed to be celebrated. She also had a copy of the New World Translation of the Bible. I politely told her that my mom is a Catholic and wouldn't be interested in JW literature.

There is a JW Kingdom hall in each of the towns to the east and west of my home. I get visited by proselytizers twice each year, first in May, then again in July. So regular are their visits that I can almost mark the dates on the calendar. They used to want to come in and discuss religion, but over the past few years they leave as soon as I tell them I'm an atheist. On the whole, they lack the education and thinking skills to carry on an intelligent conversation.

Have any of you had any run-ins with these people lately? If so, what did you discuss? Do they visit you regularly? Consider

I had some back in September or October, can't remember exactly when. I don't think they'll be coming back even though I invited them to bring their best and brightest back with them. Those two ladies were definitely not that bright. They had a script and I blew that all to hell. They weren't prepared to deal with my objections since they aren't the standard ones and so they could not have any canned answers to them. They were very nice though. I could tell they were really unhappy doing what they were doing. I felt sorry for them. Maybe if they do come back and see their elders or whatever they call them being soundly defeated, it will help them to escape from that cult.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
[+] 2 users Like true scotsman's post
05-04-2017, 03:52 PM
Nothing in my neighborhood except racoons and possums.

When I shake my ignore file, I can hear them buzzing!

Cheerful Charlie
05-04-2017, 03:56 PM
(05-04-2017 03:52 PM)Cheerful Charlie Wrote:  Nothing in my neighborhood except racoons and possums.

Critters are preferred to christers..

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
05-04-2017, 03:57 PM
Sadly, no.

[Image: door%20sign.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Gawdzilla's post
05-04-2017, 04:28 PM
We haven't had any for a long time but Spring just arrived and JW's won't be far behind. JW's and Mormons don't seem to understand what our sign "NO SOLICITATION" means. They think it only applies to vacuum cleaner salesmen. I guess it's because they don't think they're selling anything.

Au contraire mon frère. You are selling religion but I'm not buying.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
05-04-2017, 04:44 PM
(05-04-2017 04:28 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  We haven't had any for a long time but Spring just arrived and JW's won't be far behind. JW's and Mormons don't seem to understand what our sign "NO SOLICITATION" means. They think it only applies to vacuum cleaner salesmen. I guess it's because they don't think they're selling anything.

Au contraire mon frère. You are selling religion but I'm not buying.

[Image: da579b5417a38fa39211ade70d15c920.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like Gawdzilla's post
05-04-2017, 05:38 PM
Any Jehovah's Witnesses at your door lately?
I had to put up a sign saying, "No Solicitors." That didn't work. I hung another sign saying, "Absolutely No Religious Solicitation." Two days later my doorbell rings and these two ladies are standing there, like someone had put an old Montgomery Ward catalog into motion. I start to say something and the one tries to press this copy of "Awake!" in my face. I point to the two signs. "But this is about Jesus!" I lost it. "That's religious soliciting, dimwit! Now get off my porch!" I haven't seen ANY religious person on my porch since then and good damn riddance!

I might have been more patient if I hadn't just put the new sign up. And I was on my way to work. Why don't these religious drones respect other people's boundaries?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[+] 6 users Like Rachel's post
05-04-2017, 05:42 PM
Besides the "nice doggy" poster above I have a "No Trespassing" sign and a silhouette riddled with bullet holes. Nobody bothers me.
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post