Any Jehovah's Witnesses at your door lately?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-04-2017, 05:46 PM
RE: Any Jehovah's Witnesses at your door lately?
(05-04-2017 04:44 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(05-04-2017 04:28 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  We haven't had any for a long time but Spring just arrived and JW's won't be far behind. JW's and Mormons don't seem to understand what our sign "NO SOLICITATION" means. They think it only applies to vacuum cleaner salesmen. I guess it's because they don't think they're selling anything.

Au contraire mon frère. You are selling religion but I'm not buying.

[Image: da579b5417a38fa39211ade70d15c920.jpg]

> Thanks! I'm gonna print that sign and tape it on the window of my back door. Thumbsup
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-04-2017, 05:56 PM
[Image: 5d490516fa553a6ea932bb4908440b5a.jpg]
[+] 8 users Like Rockblossom's post
05-04-2017, 06:05 PM (This post was last modified: 05-04-2017 06:12 PM by Gwaithmir.)
(05-04-2017 05:38 PM)Rachel Wrote:  I had to put up a sign saying, "No Solicitors." That didn't work. I hung another sign saying, "Absolutely No Religious Solicitation." Two days later my doorbell rings and these two ladies are standing there, like someone had put an old Montgomery Ward catalog into motion. I start to say something and the one tries to press this copy of "Awake!" in my face. I point to the two signs. "But this is about Jesus!" I lost it. "That's religious soliciting, dimwit! Now get off my porch!" I haven't seen ANY religious person on my porch since then and good damn riddance!

I might have been more patient if I hadn't just put the new sign up. And I was on my way to work. Why don't these religious drones respect other people's boundaries?

> I had a similar situation in which I really lost it with a couple of JW's back in the early 1980's. I had come down with a fever at work and had to leave shortly before the lunch break. The only thing I wanted to do when I got home was to lie down and rest for a while. No sooner did I doze off when I was awoken by a LOUD banging on my back door. For a while I ignored it, but the banging continued. I finally had to get up and see who it was. As soon as I saw these two young men with their Bibles, I told them under no uncertain terms that I wasn't feeling well and they should leave. One of them tried to open the outer door (which was locked) to pass over a handful of their tracts. At that point, I totally lost it and shouted that I was going to the closet for a ball bat, and if they weren't gone in ten seconds I was going to start breaking heads. They ran down the steps so fast that one of them fell down and hurt himself. They abandoned several tracts on the driveway. Smile
[+] 2 users Like Gwaithmir's post
05-04-2017, 06:06 PM
I think the local ones know better, nowadays. Shy From experience! Angel

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
05-04-2017, 07:28 PM
Any Jehovah's Witnesses at your door lately?
Couple of ideas.

[Image: 5101deaae4ede141744f41432cb518ff.jpg]

[Image: e474e4a925436f8e7ad221d474cae9f7.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like KUSA's post
05-04-2017, 07:51 PM
[Image: jehov_wit.jpg]

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 3 users Like Minimalist's post
05-04-2017, 08:22 PM
Years ago, the JW's came knocking on my door shortly after I was released from the ER. I had a few large bandages and my arm was in a sling, and I politely told them that this was not the best time. They apologized and asked if there was anything they could do. Well, since they asked... "I need a gallon of milk, a loaf of bread, a dozen eggs, and a box of cheerios." Less than an hour later, they returned with these groceries for me, pleased as punch that they could help someone in need. They're still bat-shit crazy, in my opinion, but I was glad to see them that day.
[+] 3 users Like captainphilbo's post
06-04-2017, 07:51 AM
(05-04-2017 08:22 PM)captainphilbo Wrote:  Years ago, the JW's came knocking on my door shortly after I was released from the ER. I had a few large bandages and my arm was in a sling, and I politely told them that this was not the best time. They apologized and asked if there was anything they could do. Well, since they asked... "I need a gallon of milk, a loaf of bread, a dozen eggs, and a box of cheerios." Less than an hour later, they returned with these groceries for me, pleased as punch that they could help someone in need. They're still bat-shit crazy, in my opinion, but I was glad to see them that day.

> I have to admit that the JW's are, for the most part, good people in spite of their loony beliefs. It's truly unfortunate that they have to pass their ignorance and superstitions on to their children.
[+] 1 user Likes Gwaithmir's post
06-04-2017, 08:56 AM
(05-04-2017 05:46 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  
(05-04-2017 04:44 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  [Image: da579b5417a38fa39211ade70d15c920.jpg]

> Thanks! I'm gonna print that sign and tape it on the window of my back door. Thumbsup
I gave a copy to Babelfish, don't know if they ever produced it.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-04-2017, 09:12 AM
(05-04-2017 05:56 PM)Rockblossom Wrote:  [Image: 5d490516fa553a6ea932bb4908440b5a.jpg]

That might make them get all excited about proving your god is false and theirs is true. Promising them they'll be dog shit tomorrow is a better deterrent, from my experience.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Gawdzilla's post