Any Jehovah's Witnesses at your door lately?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-05-2017, 05:09 PM
RE: Any Jehovah's Witnesses at your door lately?
(07-05-2017 11:23 PM)treefireguy Wrote:  After the third weekend in a row of Jehovas coming to my door bothering me (passing right by the SIGN saying to go away,) I answered it wearing my slung AR15 rifle across my chest. I told them if they ever drove up my long lonely forested driveway again they may not leave. I have never seen them since. I live in the woods for a reason folks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Squirt gun filled with sudsy ammonia. Worked a treat on aggressive dog on my paper route half a century ago.

If they complain tell them you were cleaning the GTFO sign.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Gawdzilla's post
08-05-2017, 05:23 PM
Yes! Just today...found a flyer by my front door.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
08-05-2017, 07:29 PM
I just tell them I could never ally myself to a religion that practiced shunning and refused blood products for their offspring they literally fall over themselves to get down the path and out of the gate as quick as they can.
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post
08-05-2017, 09:19 PM
The last batch were women. I've said this before, here- I should keep a buybull by the door, and when women come up pushing jeebus, open it to 1 Timothy 2:12 (But I suffer not a woman to teach, {8} nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence) and ask them to help me understand how they can stand on my doorstep pushing that religion, and believe in it, based on that? I'll ask nicely! Yes
[+] 4 users Like Fireball's post
09-05-2017, 07:46 PM
(08-05-2017 09:19 PM)Fireball Wrote:  The last batch were women. I've said this before, here- I should keep a buybull by the door, and when women come up pushing jeebus, open it to 1 Timothy 2:12 (But I suffer not a woman to teach, {8} nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence) and ask them to help me understand how they can stand on my doorstep pushing that religion, and believe in it, based on that? I'll ask nicely! Yes

> Clever idea! I'm going to try that next time the JW's come calling. The first JW's of the year usually show up in May, so I'm expecting them at any time now. Thumbsup
[+] 1 user Likes Gwaithmir's post
10-05-2017, 02:47 PM
(08-05-2017 07:29 PM)adey67 Wrote:  I just tell them I could never ally myself to a religion that practiced shunning and refused blood products for their offspring they literally fall over themselves to get down the path and out of the gate as quick as they can.
That seems to be the unified testimony of everyone who has ever confronted a Witness that I've ever heard. Witnesses are not equipped to deal with substantive questions, only to replicate their memes in the vulnerable folks just like themselves. I suspect in fact that they are taught to flee from any uncomfortable situation, as it would be a threat to their own faith. And there doesn't seem to be any stomach for sending more senior / experienced / trained people the next time either. They are clearly sheeple, looking for sheeple.
[+] 1 user Likes mordant's post
17-05-2017, 05:57 AM
The JW's seem to be late this year. Their spring visit to my house usually takes place during the first week of May. I'm eager to try out Fireball's biblical argument (with appropriate Bible verses) that women should not be allowed to proselytize.

There is a JW Kingdom hall in each of the towns to the east and west of my home. I get visited by proselytizers twice each year, first in May, then again in July. So regular are their visits that I can almost mark the dates on the calendar. They used to want to come in and discuss religion, but over the past few years they leave as soon as I tell them I'm an atheist. On the whole, they lack the education and thinking skills to carry on an intelligent conversation.

It really drives them crazy when I counter their Bible quotes with passages from The Silmarillion. Big Grin

Have any of you had any run-ins with these people lately? If so, what did you discuss? Do they visit you regularly?
17-05-2017, 06:21 AM
Surprisingly we have very few JW's come buy our neighborhood. We do have a church across the street from our neighborhood and they tend to come by pretty often. We have security cameras set up around the house so I can see who is at the front door. If I don't recognize them I don't answer.

But this does remind me of a story when I was in college. A couple of fraternity brothers and I were sitting in the fraternity house when two Mormons came knocking. Now mind you we had been smoking weed all day. We invited them in so you can imagine the contrast between cultures. But I must say. These two guys were not pushy and were actually pretty cool and non judgemental. We offered them some weed (which they politely declined). But we just kind of set there and talked to them for an hour or so about different subjects. Nothing really religious since I figured they thought we were a lost cause in our current state of mind. They got up and thanked us for our time and left. My friends and I were sitting there and just kind of looked at each other and said "those guys were actually pretty cool".

I get to decide what my life looks like, not the other way around.
[+] 1 user Likes RearViewMirror's post
17-05-2017, 06:37 AM
(17-05-2017 06:21 AM)RearViewMirror Wrote:  Surprisingly we have very few JW's come buy our neighborhood. We do have a church across the street from our neighborhood and they tend to come by pretty often. We have security cameras set up around the house so I can see who is at the front door. If I don't recognize them I don't answer.

But this does remind me of a story when I was in college. A couple of fraternity brothers and I were sitting in the fraternity house when two Mormons came knocking. Now mind you we had been smoking weed all day. We invited them in so you can imagine the contrast between cultures. But I must say. These two guys were not pushy and were actually pretty cool and non judgemental. We offered them some weed (which they politely declined). But we just kind of set there and talked to them for an hour or so about different subjects. Nothing really religious since I figured they thought we were a lost cause in our current state of mind. They got up and thanked us for our time and left. My friends and I were sitting there and just kind of looked at each other and said "those guys were actually pretty cool".

> I went to college in Boston, MA. The entire time I was there, no religious proselytizers of any kind ever came to my door. A few religious pamphlets got passed around at the school, however, but I never got a close look at any of them.
17-05-2017, 06:56 AM
(17-05-2017 05:57 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  The JW's seem to be late this year. Their spring visit to my house usually takes place during the first week of May. I'm eager to try out Fireball's biblical argument (with appropriate Bible verses) that women should not be allowed to proselytize.

There is a JW Kingdom hall in each of the towns to the east and west of my home. I get visited by proselytizers twice each year, first in May, then again in July. So regular are their visits that I can almost mark the dates on the calendar. They used to want to come in and discuss religion, but over the past few years they leave as soon as I tell them I'm an atheist. On the whole, they lack the education and thinking skills to carry on an intelligent conversation.

It really drives them crazy when I counter their Bible quotes with passages from The Silmarillion. Big Grin

Have any of you had any run-ins with these people lately? If so, what did you discuss? Do they visit you regularly?

Hi, I can see where you are coming from! I have a JW mum who tried to graft faith on to me as a child but it never took! My tactic this year is to ask about the difference in Luke and Mathew! And see if they can explain why its a ten year gap stating JC's Birthday!! I have also been a bit of a git and have looked up some of the apologetics that have been bouncing about for the past 15 years! It should be a good summer! I have also found that the ones who stand in the street tend to leave after a while and tell me its the end of there shift! And this happened when ever they get stuck! ;-)

Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!
[+] 1 user Likes JONES's post