Any Non-Believing Koreans Here?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-07-2013, 09:24 PM
I'm curious about this. I have never personally met a fellow Korean non-believer. The Korean culture, much like the Philippines, is pretty religious. Well, at least in America. It's a big deal if a Korean family doesn't attend church.

I suspect some of my Korean friends are. I just can't ask them because I'm not fully out. Also, the potential for gossip if I am wrong and they attend churches. It's bad enough I don't go to church. I don't feel like coming out to the Korean community only to have them gossip about my family and give me looks every time I shop at the Korean store or eat at Korean run restaurant.

Oh, I met plenty of buddhist Koreans so technically they don't believe in God, but they don't count. They still believe in mumbo jumbo.

Anyway, I digress. If there's any fellow Koreans here, holler.

“We are all connected; To each other, biologically. To the earth, chemically. To the rest of the universe atomically.”

-Neil deGrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-07-2013, 09:39 PM
RE: Any Non-Believing Koreans Here?
Looks like I'm the only Korean here. That makes me special Cool

“We are all connected; To each other, biologically. To the earth, chemically. To the rest of the universe atomically.”

-Neil deGrasse Tyson
13-07-2013, 03:47 AM
(07-07-2013 09:39 PM)NoahsFarce Wrote:  Looks like I'm the only Korean here. That makes me special Cool

And you still havent put your location on the tta map, you slack special farty arsed bastard!

Angry

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
[+] 2 users Like DeepThought's post
13-07-2013, 06:09 AM
(13-07-2013 03:47 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  
(07-07-2013 09:39 PM)NoahsFarce Wrote:  Looks like I'm the only Korean here. That makes me special Cool

And you still havent put your location on the tta map, you slack special farty arsed bastard!

Angry

He does seem to be a pretty piss-poor representative of his ethnicity. Drinking Beverage

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
16-07-2013, 09:44 PM
Shut it, the both of you. Wait, I remember placing myself on a map looong time ago. Did it get deleted or something?

-Neil deGrasse Tyson
16-07-2013, 09:46 PM
(16-07-2013 09:44 PM)NoahsFarce Wrote:  Shut it, the both of you. Wait, I remember placing myself on a map looong time ago. Did it get deleted or something?

There's a new map, n00b

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
16-07-2013, 09:51 PM
Just added. I'm a hop, skip, and jump away from Ato. In fact, I've passed his town many times on the way to my sister's place and Chicago.

-Neil deGrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes NoahsFarce's post
16-07-2013, 09:54 PM
(16-07-2013 09:51 PM)NoahsFarce Wrote:  Just added. I'm a hop, skip, and jump away from Ato. In fact, I've passed his town many times on the way to my sister's place and Chicago.

Good. That means you are a good safe distance from me. Thumbsup

~Izel
16-07-2013, 10:02 PM
(16-07-2013 09:51 PM)NoahsFarce Wrote:  Just added. I'm a hop, skip, and jump away from Ato. In fact, I've passed his town many times on the way to my sister's place and Chicago.

I think its kinda creepy how the only other Asian atheist I know on here is so fucking close to me.

When I am eighteen, we are totally doing a meet up.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
16-07-2013, 10:07 PM
(16-07-2013 09:54 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  

Good. That means you are a good safe distance from me. Thumbsup

I'm never safe without you Erxy poo.

@Ato: Let's make it 21 so we can have some beer lol.

-Neil deGrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes NoahsFarce's post