Any Republican Atheists Here?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-11-2014, 06:38 PM
RE: Any Republican Atheists Here?
Quote:Leftists generally display the same kind of unwavering faith in their convictions that one finds in fundamentalists.

And batshit crazy republicunt asswipes don't?

You need a mirror, friend.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-11-2014, 07:19 PM
Democrats and Republicans arguing about who is more right/intellectual/rational/etc are like Muslims and Mormons arguing about whose religion is more based on science.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 5 users Like yakherder's post
22-11-2014, 07:28 PM
(22-11-2014 07:19 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Democrats and Republicans arguing about who is more right/intellectual/rational/etc are like Muslims and Mormons arguing about whose religion is more based on science.

[Image: he+is+right.jpg]

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
22-11-2014, 07:49 PM
... and yet: http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-...olumn.html

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
22-11-2014, 08:42 PM
(22-11-2014 06:38 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  
Quote:Leftists generally display the same kind of unwavering faith in their convictions that one finds in fundamentalists.

And batshit crazy republicunt asswipes don't?

I don't disagree, but you expect that from them. Liberals like to think of themselves as more rational and skeptical, but when liberals start holding their beliefs above scrutiny they become just as bad as fundamentalists. I have generally found conservatives to at least be more friendly to those with opposing views. Liberals like EK insult me even when I go in the gaming threads, simply because they cannot handle criticism and they think of their beliefs as sacred.

I'd rather support for an unquestioning ram than an intolerant fanatic.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!
22-11-2014, 10:21 PM (This post was last modified: 23-11-2014 06:52 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(22-11-2014 08:42 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  
(22-11-2014 06:38 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  And batshit crazy republicunt asswipes don't?

I don't disagree, but you expect that from them. Liberals like to think of themselves as more rational and skeptical, but when liberals start holding their beliefs above scrutiny they become just as bad as fundamentalists. I have generally found conservatives to at least be more friendly to those with opposing views. Liberals like EK insult me even when I go in the gaming threads, simply because they cannot handle criticism and they think of their beliefs as sacred.

I insult you because it's both fun and entertaining to douse your flaming douchebaggery.

Conservatives more friendly of opposing views? You mean the paragons of acceptance that are the fear mongers at Fox News? If you think on the whole that conservatives are more accepting of opposing views, you're even more naive than we initially thought (you know, with conservatives being about tradition and traditional thought, which is a system that generally abhors dissent). Then again you're so far right that everything looks like a far left attack to you, which aught to tell you something.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
23-11-2014, 10:28 AM
(22-11-2014 10:21 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(22-11-2014 08:42 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  I don't disagree, but you expect that from them. Liberals like to think of themselves as more rational and skeptical, but when liberals start holding their beliefs above scrutiny they become just as bad as fundamentalists. I have generally found conservatives to at least be more friendly to those with opposing views. Liberals like EK insult me even when I go in the gaming threads, simply because they cannot handle criticism and they think of their beliefs as sacred.

I insult you because it's both fun and entertaining to douse your flaming douchebaggery.

Conservatives more friendly of opposing views? You mean the paragons of acceptance that are the fear mongers at Fox News? If you think on the whole that conservatives are more accepting of opposing views, you're even more naive than we initially thought (you know, with conservatives being about tradition and traditional thought, which is a system that generally abhors dissent). Then again you're so far right that everything looks like a far left attack to you, which aught to tell you something.

This is just from experience with both on forums. Although in general, while some conservatives call the opposition commies and such nonsense, liberals are far more likely to make even more damaging and serious accusations; misogynist, sexist, racist, ect. Do you really think the left fear-monger any less than the right? How about the fear-mongering about gamergate being a sexist movement trying to send women back to the kitchen, nonsense about Saint Micheal the Blessed Martyr and blacks being mowed down by white cops, climate change going to bring about an apocalypse and Israel an apartheid state. Conservatives also defend free speech against hate speech laws (yes, I know you don't have those in America, but here in Canada we do and conservatives are the only ones to protest) and political correctness. And yes, you are right about traditionalism generally being antithetical to free speech, which is why it shows just how far liberalism has fallen when conservatives have to be the ones to stand up for free speech.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

23-11-2014, 11:16 AM
(23-11-2014 10:28 AM)Res Publica Wrote:  
(22-11-2014 10:21 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  I insult you because it's both fun and entertaining to douse your flaming douchebaggery.

This is just from experience with both on forums.

Let it be submitted to the court that feels are being presented as evidence.

(23-11-2014 10:28 AM)Res Publica Wrote:  Although in general, while some conservatives call the opposition commies and such nonsense, liberals are far more likely to make even more damaging and serious accusations; misogynist, sexist, racist, ect.

Are we still operating on feels here? The undoubtedly experienced and worldly feels of a 17 year old who hasn't even left their parent's house yet?

(23-11-2014 10:28 AM)Res Publica Wrote:  Do you really think the left fear-monger any less than the right?

Uh, yes, because conservatives so often fly in the face of facts and observable reality. One doesn't have to rely solely upon fear mongering when making the case for man made climate change, the evidence and science backs them up. As has been pointed out before, reality has a well known liberal bias; so fear mongering simply isn't the go-to propaganda tool for liberals as it appears to be for many conservatives.

(23-11-2014 10:28 AM)Res Publica Wrote:  How about the fear-mongering about gamergate being a sexist movement trying to send women back to the kitchen...

[Image: 55628648.jpg]

Right, because one female indie developer holds enough power inside her vagina to bend entire media empires to her whim for her express professional and financial benefit; rather than an ex-boyfriend with an axe to grind and social media all to quick to attack women for actions that garner praise for men. Seriously, had the exact same story happened yet the roles been reversed, a male developer would have garnered congratulatory high-fives from 4chan and reddit for "gettin' some" on the job while the jilted ex-girlfriend would have been decried as a whiny slut, and not two shits would have been given about 'integrity in games journalism'.

(23-11-2014 10:28 AM)Res Publica Wrote:  ...nonsense about Saint Micheal the Blessed Martyr and blacks being mowed down by white cops, climate change going to bring about an apocalypse and Israel an apartheid state.

Except that, it's a fact, that blacks die far more often than white do in legal interventions.

American Journal of Public Health - Trends in Mortality Due to Legal Intervention in the United States, 1979 Through 1997

Results. Males account for nearly all deaths, with the death rate for Black males several times that of White males. For both Whites and Blacks, the highest rates of death were observed for ages 20 to 34. Death rates declined significantly from 1979 to 1988 and remained stable thereafter.

Conclusions. While legal intervention is an uncommon cause of death, some subpopulations experience rates of death many times that of the US population as a whole.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1447171/

Climate change, if left unchecked, will probably make human life unsustainable on this planet far sooner than would be expected (like with the Sun's gradual change into a red giant and it's increased thermal output measured on a timescale of hundreds of millions or billions of years).

Israel is worse than apartheid, as it's a decades long military occupation.

(23-11-2014 10:28 AM)Res Publica Wrote:  Conservatives also defend free speech against hate speech laws (yes, I know you don't have those in America, but here in Canada we do and conservatives are the only ones to protest) and political correctness.

Unless of course that free-speech includes satirical vitriol thrown at you in a video-game thread on a web forum, right?

(23-11-2014 10:28 AM)Res Publica Wrote:  And yes, you are right about traditionalism generally being antithetical to free speech, which is why it shows just how far liberalism has fallen when conservatives have to be the ones to stand up for free speech.

Lets remind the good readers again just who exactly is bitching about other people's posts in the forum and getting their feels hurt?

I rest my case.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
23-11-2014, 11:20 AM (This post was last modified: 23-11-2014 11:24 AM by GirlyMan.)
(23-11-2014 10:28 AM)Res Publica Wrote:  And yes, you are right about traditionalism generally being antithetical to free speech, which is why it shows just how far liberalism has fallen when conservatives have to be the ones to stand up for free speech.

Yeah, those Republicans are falling all over themselves to protect free speech for atheists, gays, mooslims, and anyone else who ain't Christian. I don't think you understand the Conservative positions in America. It amounts to "Free speech for me but not for thee." Oh and for big business. "Corporations are people, my friend ... of course they are. Everything corporations earn ultimately goes to the people. Where do you think it goes? Whose pockets? Whose pockets? People's pockets. Human beings, my friend." Conservative reasoning at its finest. This ain't William F. Buckley Jr's Republican party anymore.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 9 users Like GirlyMan's post
24-11-2014, 10:15 AM
(23-11-2014 11:16 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(23-11-2014 10:28 AM)Res Publica Wrote:  This is just from experience with both on forums.

Let it be submitted to the court that feels are being presented as evidence.

(23-11-2014 10:28 AM)Res Publica Wrote:  Although in general, while some conservatives call the opposition commies and such nonsense, liberals are far more likely to make even more damaging and serious accusations; misogynist, sexist, racist, ect.

Are we still operating on feels here? The undoubtedly experienced and worldly feels of a 17 year old who hasn't even left their parent's house yet?

(23-11-2014 10:28 AM)Res Publica Wrote:  Do you really think the left fear-monger any less than the right?

Uh, yes, because conservatives so often fly in the face of facts and observable reality. One doesn't have to rely solely upon fear mongering when making the case for man made climate change, the evidence and science backs them up. As has been pointed out before, reality has a well known liberal bias; so fear mongering simply isn't the go-to propaganda tool for liberals as it appears to be for many conservatives.

(23-11-2014 10:28 AM)Res Publica Wrote:  How about the fear-mongering about gamergate being a sexist movement trying to send women back to the kitchen...

[Image: 55628648.jpg]

Right, because one female indie developer holds enough power inside her vagina to bend entire media empires to her whim for her express professional and financial benefit; rather than an ex-boyfriend with an axe to grind and social media all to quick to attack women for actions that garner praise for men. Seriously, had the exact same story happened yet the roles been reversed, a male developer would have garnered congratulatory high-fives from 4chan and reddit for "gettin' some" on the job while the jilted ex-girlfriend would have been decried as a whiny slut, and not two shits would have been given about 'integrity in games journalism'.

(23-11-2014 10:28 AM)Res Publica Wrote:  ...nonsense about Saint Micheal the Blessed Martyr and blacks being mowed down by white cops, climate change going to bring about an apocalypse and Israel an apartheid state.

Except that, it's a fact, that blacks die far more often than white do in legal interventions.

American Journal of Public Health - Trends in Mortality Due to Legal Intervention in the United States, 1979 Through 1997

Results. Males account for nearly all deaths, with the death rate for Black males several times that of White males. For both Whites and Blacks, the highest rates of death were observed for ages 20 to 34. Death rates declined significantly from 1979 to 1988 and remained stable thereafter.

Conclusions. While legal intervention is an uncommon cause of death, some subpopulations experience rates of death many times that of the US population as a whole.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1447171/

Climate change, if left unchecked, will probably make human life unsustainable on this planet far sooner than would be expected (like with the Sun's gradual change into a red giant and it's increased thermal output measured on a timescale of hundreds of millions or billions of years).

Israel is worse than apartheid, as it's a decades long military occupation.

(23-11-2014 10:28 AM)Res Publica Wrote:  Conservatives also defend free speech against hate speech laws (yes, I know you don't have those in America, but here in Canada we do and conservatives are the only ones to protest) and political correctness.

Unless of course that free-speech includes satirical vitriol thrown at you in a video-game thread on a web forum, right?

Lets remind the good readers again just who exactly is bitching about other people's posts in the forum and getting their feels hurt?

I rest my case.

There s a difference between experience and feels. I have no problem admitting that my experience is limited, so at least I have the honesty to say that. I get the impression that you have never had your views challenged before, as you strike out in an emotional manner with the conviction of a suicide bomber.

You might find that reality is biased towards whatever your ideology is when your conviction in that ideology is strong enough. For the fundamentalist reality is biased towards Christianity, as all of creation can only serve as proof of God's glory. For the communist reality is biased towards Marxism, as all history is the history of class struggle and validates Marxism. For the libertarian reality is biased towards capitalism, as all prosperity is the result of capitalism and therefore demonstrates the truth of their ideology.

No one gives a shit about Zoe Quinn's sex life, what we do give a shit about is what it represents; SJW corruption of gaming journalism. If a SJW man had slept around with female game journalists in order to get them to promote his SJW agenda the reaction would be the same. Then again, it seems like your entire response was "feels" anyway.

I'l let this guy explain who the real victims of racial crime are:

And if you give half-a-fuck about evidence then you will watch this:

Then you end with a strawman about me wanting to silence you because you hurt my feelings. My feeling are unscaved and irrelevant, but I do find it rather irritating and telling about your nature that you cannot help but attack those who disagree with you as if it is some sort of righteous crusade.