Any Republican Atheists Here?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-12-2014, 04:55 AM
RE: Any Republican Atheists Here?
(26-11-2014 01:30 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  I asked because I recently heard from some podcasts oddly referencing this studies finding.

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/ha...-1.1887032

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.11...9/abstract

who knows how legitimate such studies would show. But given some instances it says about people being more open to foreign refugees or issues, I thought it would be intriguing to ask.

Notice fundamentalist hate harry potter. I am not surprised by this.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-12-2014, 07:58 AM
(18-12-2014 04:55 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(26-11-2014 01:30 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  I asked because I recently heard from some podcasts oddly referencing this studies finding.

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/ha...-1.1887032

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.11...9/abstract

who knows how legitimate such studies would show. But given some instances it says about people being more open to foreign refugees or issues, I thought it would be intriguing to ask.

Notice fundamentalist hate harry potter. I am not surprised by this.
My general response to religious people that have issues with Harry Potter and the like is something along the lines of "If you are going to be bothered by a work of fiction then your faith must not be very strong."
[+] 3 users Like wazzel's post
21-12-2014, 05:30 PM
I agree with Republicans on:
Guns
Foreign policy
Unions
Military spending
Taxes

I agree with Democrats on:
Abortion (however I'm against late term or full term abortions)
Gay marriage
Separation of church and state

Sometimes you have to pick the side that's best for everyone, not just yourself. If it was up to democrats, America would be speaking Chinese or Russian by now.

Death is a debt we all must pay.
[+] 1 user Likes Patriot10mm's post
21-12-2014, 08:03 PM
(21-12-2014 05:30 PM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  I agree with Republicans on:
Guns
Foreign policy
Unions
Military spending
Taxes

Gay marriage

Sometimes you have to pick the side that's best for everyone, not just yourself. If it was up to democrats, America would be speaking Chinese or Russian by now.

I am similar, but a few thing would be switched;

I agree with Republicans on:
Guns
Foreign policy
Military spending
Immigration

Gay marriage
Unions

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!
21-12-2014, 08:08 PM
I cannot subscribe to either the republican or atheist labels, or the higher level political system that governs both parties. Perhaps even both systems over that.

I am natural. At least I try to be. And coalitions are ever shifting. Things go too fast in these days. So no I am nothing I don't even buy into the concepts of the above
21-12-2014, 08:19 PM (This post was last modified: 22-12-2014 12:32 AM by Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue.)
^"A Natural." What's that?

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.
21-12-2014, 10:18 PM
(21-12-2014 05:30 PM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  If it was up to democrats, America would be speaking Chinese or Russian by now.

This is why we can't have nice things... Facepalm

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
22-12-2014, 01:56 AM
(21-12-2014 05:30 PM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  If it was up to democrats, America would be speaking Chinese or Russian by now.

Oh well. It's not like you yanks speak English correctly anyway.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
22-12-2014, 02:35 AM
(22-12-2014 01:56 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  

Oh well. It's not like you yanks speak English correctly anyway.

When you say "you yanks", are you referring to the entire US? Pretty sure Fran Drescher and Scarlett O'Hara sound completely different.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
22-12-2014, 06:30 AM
Old English is closer to Finish or Icelandic than either British or American English. Both are a highly hybrid version of proper English Tongue

'Murican Canadian