Any Republican Atheists Here?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-12-2014, 08:10 AM
RE: Any Republican Atheists Here?
(22-12-2014 01:56 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(21-12-2014 05:30 PM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  If it was up to democrats, America would be speaking Chinese or Russian by now.

Oh well. It's not like you yanks speak English correctly anyway.

Uh huh. We all know that Australian diction is the sine qua non of English. Angel

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
22-12-2014, 08:53 AM
(22-12-2014 08:10 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(22-12-2014 01:56 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Oh well. It's not like you yanks speak English correctly anyway.

Uh huh. We all know that Australian diction is the sine qua non of English. Angel

Hey now! No need to go and drag Latin into this, it has already been through enough! I mean when most people no longer fluently speak the language, and it's most closely associated with the two lowest life forms on Earth (lawyers and catholic priests), can't you give poor old Latin a break?

Have a heart would you? Sadcryface

We can more than easily fuck up English (Queen's or otherwise) all by itself. Drinking Beverage

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
22-12-2014, 08:56 AM
On the topic of English I think all the Latinate and Greek words should be removed and if no English alternative exists then new words of purely English etymology ought to be coined.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!
22-12-2014, 01:23 PM
(22-12-2014 08:56 AM)Res Publica Wrote:  On the topic of English I think all the Latinate and Greek words should be removed and if no English alternative exists then new words of purely English etymology ought to be coined.

But you'd leave all the French ones? Fucking commie bastard.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
22-12-2014, 07:01 PM
(22-12-2014 08:56 AM)Res Publica Wrote:  On the topic of English I think all the Latinate and Greek words should be removed and if no English alternative exists then new words of purely English etymology ought to be coined.

Why?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
22-12-2014, 08:26 PM
(22-12-2014 07:01 PM)Chas Wrote:  

Why?

Because it is convoluted and the proposed solution would make the situation far worse, just like the rest of what Res wants to happen.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
22-12-2014, 09:22 PM

[Image: Funny%2BEnglish%2BLanguage%2B-%2BGhoti%2...2BFish.jpg]

Yes, because the English language makes so much sense already.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
23-12-2014, 10:07 AM
(22-12-2014 01:23 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

But you'd leave all the French ones? Fucking commie bastard.

French is a Latinate language.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

23-12-2014, 10:08 AM
(22-12-2014 07:01 PM)Chas Wrote:  

Why?

Linguistic purity for one. Also because Saxon words are generally clear and precise, while Romance words more often then not serve to conceal the truth rather than to express it.

It really isn't that far-fetched an idea. The Icelanders have done this with their language. They can still read the old Norse sagas in the original language and have kept their culture alive.

23-12-2014, 11:05 AM
(23-12-2014 10:08 AM)Res Publica Wrote:  Linguistic purity for one.

"The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don’t just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."
--James D. Nicoll

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post