Any Republican Atheists Here?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-12-2014, 04:07 PM (This post was last modified: 23-12-2014 08:54 PM by ClydeLee.)
RE: Any Republican Atheists Here?
(23-12-2014 10:07 AM)Res Publica Wrote:  
(22-12-2014 01:23 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  But you'd leave all the French ones? Fucking commie bastard.

French is a Latinate language.

Whoopty-do... they're still all Indo-European originated languages. You really think this honestly? I have no respect for any of the absurd things you say on here any longer. Your arbitrary distinction has very little merit anyway.

Plus, do you want to exclude Norse influenced words? English was hardly significantly of pure Germanic/Saxon usages since about the 600s. But yeah, lets revert our language 1500 years to it's former self because.. I like cultural nationalist pride for arbitrary reasons.

The beauty of English is it can take in other words of languages and it's not a weakening force to it. Clarity isn't a struggle with the words of living languages that form to become clear.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like ClydeLee's post
23-12-2014, 08:50 PM
(21-11-2014 09:27 AM)yakherder Wrote:  
(21-11-2014 09:19 AM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  Wait, so how exactly is requiring ID to vote a platform for discrimination?

Because the majority of those who don't have those ID's, whether they have a legal right to vote or not, are minorities and the poor, and requiring government ID is not likely to reduce voter fraud. So, though the idea is not necessarily wrong in and of itself, the effect of enforcing that idea would be considered discriminatory since it would be more likely to subtract from the Democratic pool of voters than from the Republican pool of voters. Theoretically.

Citation, please. Consider
23-12-2014, 09:19 PM (This post was last modified: 23-12-2014 09:24 PM by EvolutionKills.)
(23-12-2014 08:50 PM)Hypatia Wrote:  
(21-11-2014 09:27 AM)yakherder Wrote:  Because the majority of those who don't have those ID's, whether they have a legal right to vote or not, are minorities and the poor, and requiring government ID is not likely to reduce voter fraud. So, though the idea is not necessarily wrong in and of itself, the effect of enforcing that idea would be considered discriminatory since it would be more likely to subtract from the Democratic pool of voters than from the Republican pool of voters. Theoretically.

Citation, please. Consider

Revealing Discriminatory Intent: Legislator Preferences, Voter Identification, and Responsiveness Bias

Study finds strong evidence for discriminatory intent behind voter ID laws - The Washington Post

How Voter ID Laws Are Being Used to Disenfranchise Minorities and the Poor - The Atlantic

Everything You’ve Ever Wanted to Know About Voter ID Laws - ProPublica

Oppose Voter ID Legislation - Fact Sheet - American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU)

"In short, voter ID laws are simply racially-motivated solutions to a problem that never existed."

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
02-01-2015, 05:48 AM
Is my position that no race/gender/belief should be given higher preference over another considered racist? What should I do if I believe that everyone should have the same chances as everyone else?

Yes, I vote Republican most days...

To be honest, any laws that provide caveats to a racial/ethnic/gender group is unconstitutional and therefore void.

I believe in simple federal government, that within its area of influence can react quickly and efficiently. A similar stance can be taken with each State. As for getting into Counties and Cities, those entities would probably follow suit and simplify their laws to better reflect their communities. Except the place all the rich lawyers live...they enjoy complicated legal issues...
06-01-2015, 11:29 AM
I don't have a great love for the GOP but I have quite a dislike for the Democrat party.

I consider myself a right-leaning moderate.

The following are some of the issues that define my political bent:
  • I am for gay marriage.
  • I am for abortion.
  • I strongly support the police.
  • I am against unions.
  • I am a strong supporter of Israel.
  • I am a strong opponent of the moslem/arab world.
  • I am very much pro-business.
  • I am a strong supporter of voter id laws for picture ids.
  • I am strongly opposed to felons ever getting the vote!
  • I am strongly opposed to repeat felons getting taxpayer funded legal help.
  • I believe that our world is being significantly, negatively effected by pollution.
  • I believe that our justice system is too costly and cumbersome and is very much prone to errors.
  • I am for small government and low taxes.

Is there free will in Heaven? Do "souls" age in Heaven? What if you get to Heaven, for an eternity, and find it boring and tedious and torturous, especially without booze or sex? And... what if you can't get along with God?
12-01-2015, 06:52 AM
I am against Government Issued Marriage. Change the 'Marriage' to 'Civil Union' in the Federal Code and lets move on.

and abortion...im not a woman, so I think my views can take a backseat...

Otherwise, me and you are right along the same thoughts...
12-01-2015, 07:28 AM
(12-01-2015 06:52 AM)worstplayer Wrote:  I am against Government Issued Marriage. Change the 'Marriage' to 'Civil Union' in the Federal Code and lets move on.

So long as it's 'Civil Unions' for everyone. We've already tried 'separate but equal' before.

Spoiler Alert: It didn't work.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
12-01-2015, 08:40 AM
(12-01-2015 06:52 AM)worstplayer Wrote:  I am against Government Issued Marriage. Change the 'Marriage' to 'Civil Union' in the Federal Code and lets move on.

I could not imagine being born "gay" and, while I was growing up, having to endure the prejudice and hatred spewed my way by family and strangers. Then, after becoming an adult, being told that I was less than equal and could not marry someone I loved, because I was an awful gay.

I feel strongly that gays should be allowed to marry and to have all of the benefits of marriage. Besides... the marriage status is already programmed into all of our nation's computer systems, and they would not have to be re-programmed to allow for gay unions.

Quote: and abortion...im not a woman, so I think my views can take a backseat...

Hmmmmm!? Backseat? That's where most of the unexpected pregnancies happen in the first place! Unsure

Quote:Otherwise, me and you are right along the same thoughts...

Thanks for the critique!

Is there free will in Heaven? Do "souls" age in Heaven? What if you get to Heaven, for an eternity, and find it boring and tedious and torturous, especially without booze or sex? And... what if you can't get along with God?
12-01-2015, 08:45 AM
Are there any friendly biggots arround? Or fundermentalist reasonable people? Sexy ugly people? A jewish nazi? Maybe one of you knows a black white man?

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
12-01-2015, 12:07 PM

What this fails to recognize is that both marriage and civil union have a legal meaning. If you want to make marriage strictly a religious thing, then it must also have no legal ramifications - reserve that only for civil unions which would then apply to everyone that gets "married". But then, why not just stick with the term we already have - marriage - and stop making excuses for discrimination and bigotry? Consider

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 2 users Like Impulse's post