Any Republican Atheists Here?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-11-2014, 01:34 PM
RE: Any Republican Atheists Here?
(21-11-2014 09:19 AM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  Wait, so how exactly is requiring ID to vote a platform for discrimination?

So you really think these laws are about voter fraud? You cannot be that naive.

http://www.salon.com/2012/06/25/penn_rep...omney_win/

Quote:But one of Pennsylvania’s top Republican leaders may have tipped his hand this weekend when he suggested to a meeting of Republican officials that the purpose of voter ID laws is to help his party’s presidential nominee win. PoliticsPA’s Kelly Cernetich quoted state House Majority Leader Mike Turzai at the Republican State Committee meeting:

He mentioned the law among a laundry list of accomplishments made by the GOP-run legislature. “Pro-Second Amendment? The Castle Doctrine, it’s done. First pro-life legislation – abortion facility regulations – in 22 years, done. Voter ID, which is gonna allow Governor Romney to win the state of Pennsylvania, done.”

Guess what? The laws were thrown out by the courts and Mitt the Shitt did not win Pennsylvania in spite of all their efforts ro rig the game.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Minimalist's post
21-11-2014, 01:36 PM
(21-11-2014 12:17 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(21-11-2014 10:49 AM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  Although it's fundamentally true, or at least it would be if Christianity hadn't hijacked things.

Sadly true. It was a funny statement given the Republican party as it is today, not how it has been or could be without the religious wingnuts.

George Wills, the conservative columnist came out as an atheist not long ago. The response among the Christian conservatives wasn't good.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/George-...id/596249/

The bible thumpers in the comment section fired up their computer keyboards with lots of religious advice for ol' George.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
21-11-2014, 01:52 PM
(21-11-2014 11:02 AM)Mr. Boston Wrote:  Higher Education's only "agenda" is to concern itself with FACTS and EVIDENCE rather than superstition, at least in scientific fields. There are more than a few "Bible Colleges," where people can pursue inquiry into matters of the soul and get a degree.

Yes, that is the purpose and still largely the function of higher education. But the problem is that there are liberals who try to indoctrinate their students into the leftist religion.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!
21-11-2014, 02:19 PM
(21-11-2014 01:52 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  But the problem is that there are liberals who try to indoctrinate their students into the leftist religion.

1. What are you smoking?

2. Where can I get some?

... this is my signature!
[+] 6 users Like cjlr's post
21-11-2014, 02:22 PM
(21-11-2014 02:19 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(21-11-2014 01:52 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  But the problem is that there are liberals who try to indoctrinate their students into the leftist religion.

1. What are you smoking?

2. Where can I get some?

I think it's pretty obvious that he's talking about Liberal Arts majors; making students turn into dirty leftist commie hippies.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
21-11-2014, 02:25 PM
(21-11-2014 02:22 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(21-11-2014 02:19 PM)cjlr Wrote:  1. What are you smoking?

2. Where can I get some?

I think it's pretty obvious that he's talking about Liberal Arts majors; making students turn into dirty leftist commie hippies.

I know what he's talking about. It's still the frightened raving of a drug-fueled madman. Frankly I wonder how someone with such apparent existential terror at the mere idea of differences of opinion manages to get through life.

... this is my signature!
[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post
21-11-2014, 02:46 PM
(20-11-2014 09:30 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  
Quote:In my case it's basically a shorthand for the principle that, as a general rule, less government is better than more government.

So, do you think that a modern, industrial state can be operated with the government as it existed in 1840? Because that is essentially what these so-called libertarians want.

Missed this before... no, I don't take a libertarian position. The post you partially quoted went on to say that I don't deny the importance of the role of the government. I'm just saying that my first impulse is to look for ways to accomplish goals without government or with minimal involvement. If a bigger role is the best option then that's fine too.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
21-11-2014, 03:09 PM
Re: Any Republican Atheists Here?
I just found it hilarious that when the NAACP was in my area protesting voter ID they told protesters they had to show an ID to join in.

Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
21-11-2014, 03:30 PM
I was Republican for a long time. I eventually got tired of having to explain why my views on policy issues were not racist just because racists agreed with them. Like, ALL the time. Made me think.

Last straw was the way Team Bush knelt before the Bob Jones University set and slandered the hell out of John McCain in South Carolina during the 2000 primaries. Not saying I never VOTED Republican again, I did. But I changed my registration to No Party. No regrets.

Religion is proof that invisible men can obscure your vision.
Visit my blog
Follow me on Twitter @TwoCultSurvivor
[+] 1 user Likes TwoCultSurvivor's post
21-11-2014, 05:58 PM (This post was last modified: 21-11-2014 06:24 PM by GirlyMan.)
(21-11-2014 08:20 AM)Res Publica Wrote:  Republicans are not anti-intellectual, they are against higher education having a ideological agenda. They believe that students should be encouraged to think for themselves.

That's the most hilarious thing I've heard in a while. Yeah they're all for students thinking for themselves as long as they are presented creationism as an alternative theory to evolution in A FUCKING SCIENCE CLASS!. Since you are only 17 and a Canuck I excuse your naivete.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post