Any Republican Atheists Here?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-11-2014, 06:10 PM
RE: Any Republican Atheists Here?
(20-11-2014 03:53 PM)Chas Wrote:  I used to identify as Republican, but that party no longer exists.

(21-11-2014 09:23 AM)Grassy Knoll Wrote:  Been a repub for all of my voting life.

(21-11-2014 03:30 PM)TwoCultSurvivor Wrote:  I was Republican for a long time.

(20-11-2014 07:01 PM)MustangManda Wrote:  Officially I'm still a registered Republican, but the last repub I was actually willing to vote for was Jon Huntsman, ...

I'm still a voting-life long registered Republican in The Peoples Republic of Maryland but it's only because we have closed primaries and I really enjoy voting in the Republican primary. It amuses me. Here's my last write-in candidate for Prez in the Republitard primary.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-11-2014, 06:20 PM
(21-11-2014 01:52 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  But the problem is that there are liberals who try to indoctrinate their students into the leftist religion.

The fuck religion is that? "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." or "From each according to their ability and to each according to their need." Both?

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
21-11-2014, 07:19 PM
Quote:The bible thumpers in the comment section fired up their computer keyboards with lots of religious advice for ol' George.

Sure-fire way to smoke out a bunch of sanctimonious twats!

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
21-11-2014, 07:21 PM
(21-11-2014 02:46 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(20-11-2014 09:30 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  So, do you think that a modern, industrial state can be operated with the government as it existed in 1840? Because that is essentially what these so-called libertarians want.

Missed this before... no, I don't take a libertarian position. The post you partially quoted went on to say that I don't deny the importance of the role of the government. I'm just saying that my first impulse is to look for ways to accomplish goals without government or with minimal involvement. If a bigger role is the best option then that's fine too.

That isn't what they want. The Koch brothers aren't spending millions for the good of the country.

[Image: no-exit-libertarianism-anarchy-for-rich-people.GIF]

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 3 users Like Minimalist's post
21-11-2014, 08:27 PM
(21-11-2014 05:58 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(21-11-2014 08:20 AM)Res Publica Wrote:  Republicans are not anti-intellectual, they are against higher education having a ideological agenda. They believe that students should be encouraged to think for themselves.

That's the most hilarious thing I've heard in a while. Yeah they're all for students thinking for themselves as long as they are presented creationism as an alternative theory to evolution in A FUCKING SCIENCE CLASS!. Since you are only 17 and a Canuck I excuse your naivete.

I'm not talking about creationism, I'm quite sure we both agree on that. I'm talking about leftist sociology and such.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!
21-11-2014, 10:59 PM
(21-11-2014 08:27 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  
(21-11-2014 05:58 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  That's the most hilarious thing I've heard in a while. Yeah they're all for students thinking for themselves as long as they are presented creationism as an alternative theory to evolution in A FUCKING SCIENCE CLASS!. Since you are only 17 and a Canuck I excuse your naivete.

I'm not talking about creationism, I'm quite sure we both agree on that. I'm talking about leftist sociology and such.

[Image: 8f61663442d3711ecc11d0190c3ec890.jpg]

Drinking Beverage

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 5 users Like EvolutionKills's post
22-11-2014, 07:28 AM
(21-11-2014 07:21 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  That isn't what they want. The Koch brothers aren't spending millions for the good of the country.

Not sure what your point is. It sounds to me like we are in violent agreement.
Consider

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
22-11-2014, 08:12 AM
re·pub·li·can a·the·ist
rəˈpəbləkənˈāTHēəst
noun
a person who disbelieves or lacks belief in the existence of Republicans.

I believe they exist.
[+] 2 users Like KUSA's post
22-11-2014, 08:19 AM
(22-11-2014 08:12 AM)KUSA Wrote:  re·pub·li·can a·the·ist
rəˈpəbləkənˈāTHēəst
noun
a person who disbelieves or lacks belief in the existence of Republicans.

I believe they exist.

Just to be a pedantic little shit, I think the word you're looking for would be Arepublicanist. Tongue

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
22-11-2014, 11:10 AM
(21-11-2014 08:27 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  
(21-11-2014 05:58 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  That's the most hilarious thing I've heard in a while. Yeah they're all for students thinking for themselves as long as they are presented creationism as an alternative theory to evolution in A FUCKING SCIENCE CLASS!. Since you are only 17 and a Canuck I excuse your naivete.

Then why you use the phrase "leftist religion"? Just to be provocative? My question still stands. Which leftist social tenet do you take issue with? "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." or "From each according to their ability and to each according to their need."

#sigh