Any Republican Atheists Here?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-11-2014, 11:20 AM
RE: Any Republican Atheists Here?
Perhaps we are in agreement - stranger things have happened.

Libertarianism has always struck me as a terribly impractical idea for governing anything more than a banana republic.... which seems to be the model of the Koch Bros. and their republicunt allies.

It sounds good on paper ( so does communism, so do all "isms" ) but it can't work in the real world where, unfortunately, we have to live.

Anyone who claims to have all the answers in one book is a bullshit artist.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post
22-11-2014, 11:28 AM
Actually most Christians are Democrats. All you need to do is see how LA, Chicago, NY votes. LA is mostly Catholic and always vote Democrat. The church is for immigration reform and supports Obama.

I am an atheist and Republican because I am a fiscal conservative. From the atesists I know it is perrty even between Republican , Democrat and Independent.
22-11-2014, 12:11 PM
(22-11-2014 11:10 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(21-11-2014 08:27 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  I'm not talking about creationism, I'm quite sure we both agree on that. I'm talking about leftist sociology and such.

Then why you use the phrase "leftist religion"? Just to be provocative? My question still stands. Which leftist social tenet do you take issue with? "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." or "From each according to their ability and to each according to their need."

I use the phrase "leftist religion" because most leftists (including many on this forum seem to take the ideas of leftist opinion-makers like they are fucking prophets and complete unwillingness to question those ideas. Leftists generally display the same kind of unwavering faith in their convictions that one finds in fundamentalists.

Leftist social tenets I take issue with are hate speech laws and intolerance of dissent, state-sanctioned racism (affirmative action), third-wave "feminism", mass immigration, support and apologetics for totalitarian and fascist regimes (like Ba'athist Iraq), Islamic appeasement, cultural-masochism and constant invoking of women and gays while staunchly refusing to protect women and gays from anyone who isn't white or Christian.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!
22-11-2014, 12:25 PM
(22-11-2014 12:11 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  
(22-11-2014 11:10 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Then why you use the phrase "leftist religion"? Just to be provocative? My question still stands. Which leftist social tenet do you take issue with? "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." or "From each according to their ability and to each according to their need."

I use the phrase "leftist religion" because most leftists (including many on this forum seem to take the ideas of leftist opinion-makers like they are fucking prophets and complete unwillingness to question those ideas. Leftists generally display the same kind of unwavering faith in their convictions that one finds in fundamentalists.

Leftist social tenets I take issue with are hate speech laws and intolerance of dissent, state-sanctioned racism (affirmative action), third-wave "feminism", mass immigration, support and apologetics for totalitarian and fascist regimes (like Ba'athist Iraq), Islamic appeasement, cultural-masochism and constant invoking of women and gays while staunchly refusing to protect women and gays from anyone who isn't white or Christian.

This laundry list of grievances is hilarious, considering it's coming from someone who has repeatedly shown themselves entirely incapable of nuance. Drinking Beverage

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 4 users Like EvolutionKills's post
22-11-2014, 03:12 PM
A republican atheist? Sorta like a homosexual christian/muslim, it just don't seem right.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
22-11-2014, 03:37 PM
(22-11-2014 12:11 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  
(22-11-2014 11:10 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Then why you use the phrase "leftist religion"? Just to be provocative? My question still stands. Which leftist social tenet do you take issue with? "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." or "From each according to their ability and to each according to their need."

You just need some fucking Gwynnies.
[Image: gwynnies.jpg]

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
22-11-2014, 03:48 PM
(22-11-2014 03:37 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(22-11-2014 12:11 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  I use the phrase "leftist religion" because most leftists (including many on this forum seem to take the ideas of leftist opinion-makers like they are fucking prophets and complete unwillingness to question those ideas. Leftists generally display the same kind of unwavering faith in their convictions that one finds in fundamentalists.

You just need some fucking Gwynnies.

Dafuk are Gwynnies?

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!
22-11-2014, 04:02 PM
(22-11-2014 03:48 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  
(22-11-2014 03:37 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  You just need some fucking Gwynnies.

Dafuk are Gwynnies?

HoC is going to wipe you out of existance for that.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
22-11-2014, 04:07 PM
(22-11-2014 03:48 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  
(22-11-2014 03:37 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  You just need some fucking Gwynnies.

Dafuk are Gwynnies?

Don't ask.

You'll live longer.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
22-11-2014, 05:13 PM
Has Gwynnies right in front of his eyes and he still doesn't get it. Drinking Beverage

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post