Any Rituals You Have Tired?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-06-2017, 03:53 PM
Any Rituals You Have Tired?
I'm a bit bored this afternoon, and have been looking up rituals people preform with supposed ghosts, demons, and other supernatural forces who a supposed 'prize' at the end.

Ones that I have been liking is called Dry Bones, The Answer Man, and Hide and Seek Alone.

While my rational brain knows these things to not be real, I am a huge chicken an refused to even do the stupid game of Bloody Mary.

But, here is my question to my fellow atheists, have any of you tried to do something similar to these rituals? If so, what was your experience.
If you haven't, what is you're take on these supposed people who do play around with 'evil forces' to get a prize?

"Governments don't want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking That is against their interests.
They want obedient workers people who are just smart enough to run the machines and do the paperwork And just dumb enough to passively accept it."

- George Carlin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-06-2017, 03:57 PM
RE: Any Rituals You Have Tired?
No, because I always knew they weren't real. I do like staying at "haunted" inns though, but it's for the romance of the stories and not for the "ghosts."
17-06-2017, 04:05 PM
Never tried such. As for people bothering with them I guess it's gullibility that leads them to do it. Alternatively they do it for fun and this I deem more common reason.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
17-06-2017, 04:07 PM
(17-06-2017 04:05 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  Never tried such. As for people bothering with them I guess it's gullibility that leads them to do it. Alternatively they do it for fun and this I deem more common reason.

I agree, I think it's more for entertainment value than anything.
17-06-2017, 04:09 PM
(17-06-2017 04:07 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(17-06-2017 04:05 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  Never tried such. As for people bothering with them I guess it's gullibility that leads them to do it. Alternatively they do it for fun and this I deem more common reason.

I agree, I think it's more for entertainment value than anything.

I can see fun factor in it as a part of some bigger role play scenario or even weirdly themed house party.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
17-06-2017, 04:09 PM
Not since I was a kid and we played with Ouija boards.

Unless, of course, you count the pretending the host and wine actually turn into the body and blood of a fictional Jewish carpenter.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
17-06-2017, 06:14 PM
I've never performed a demon summoning but I came into this world as the result of one. Does that count?

'Murican Canadian
17-06-2017, 06:20 PM
Does the occasional bathing in the blood of virgins count? I mean, I've been getting on in years, you know how it is... Blush

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
17-06-2017, 06:27 PM
I think I’ve tired of all of them.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
17-06-2017, 06:29 PM
I don't know if it counts as a ritual, but way back in my pre-teen days I attempted to try casting 1st level cleric spells from AD&D.
Of course I had no clue what the hell I was doing, but it was fun anyway.

[Image: fdyq20.jpg]