Any Texas Hurricane Parties?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-08-2017, 05:21 PM
RE: Any Texas Hurricane Parties?
Thought I had seen it all...lull in the rain so I go outside, hear distant laughter. About a quarter mile behind my backyard is a trail. A four-wheeling cruises down it, pulling a person on- water skis? boogie board? Because it is now a waterway, lol.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-08-2017, 06:20 PM
(27-08-2017 09:15 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Almost exactly a year ago, we went through the same thing.

My thoughts are with our neighbors to the west.

The good news is the Cajun Navy got the green light and are heading to Houston en masse.

Stay strong. We survived The Flood and became stronger... y'all will survive Harvey and be stronger as well.

I got no doubt y'all's help will be appreciated. Houston and the outlier small towns are calling for all boat-owners who can to come and help what seems from here to have become a waterborne evacuation.

Listening to the news earlier today, I couldn't help but think of Dunkirk in 1940. May this grass-roots effort be as successful.

Latest news is that Houston might see another 12-24" of rainfall in the next few days. Jerry, the storm seems headed your way. Be safe, brotha.
28-08-2017, 06:22 PM
(28-08-2017 05:21 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  Thought I had seen it all...lull in the rain so I go outside, hear distant laughter. About a quarter mile behind my backyard is a trail. A four-wheeling cruises down it, pulling a person on- water skis? boogie board? Because it is now a waterway, lol.

Another "hey, hold my beer" moment.

Things here are fine. The birds and other wildlife seem to be under the impression that around these parts it's getting back to business as usual.
28-08-2017, 08:24 PM
I saw something online about floating colonies of fire ants. As if they don't have enough problems. Just the idea of that raised chill bumps over my whole body. I hope they can find a way to napalm those bitches without hurting anybody in the process. It said they were using the dead bodies of other fire ants as rafts.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
[+] 2 users Like outtathereligioncloset's post
28-08-2017, 08:26 PM (This post was last modified: 28-08-2017 08:32 PM by GirlyMan.)
(28-08-2017 08:24 PM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  I saw something online about floating colonies of fire ants. As if they don't have enough problems. Just the idea of that raised chill bumps over my whole body. I hope they can find a way to napalm those bitches without hurting anybody in the process. It said they were using the dead bodies of other fire ants as rafts.

Yup, burn them in front of the others and hope the hive mind collectively recognizes the threat. ... That's what I do with the garden bugs who insist on eating my delicious plants I've toiled over from seed to harvest in front of me. I make them watch while I eat their brethren. It may take a couple seasons, but they won't be back.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
28-08-2017, 08:34 PM
(28-08-2017 08:24 PM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  I saw something online about floating colonies of fire ants. As if they don't have enough problems. Just the idea of that raised chill bumps over my whole body. I hope they can find a way to napalm those bitches without hurting anybody in the process. It said they were using the dead bodies of other fire ants as rafts.

Fire ants are horrible, nasty creatures. And this just proves you can't get rid of them; they just move somewhere else.

Apparently there are other critters moving around in the water too that aren't going to be helpful in the rescue efforts.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
28-08-2017, 09:12 PM
Joel Osteen kept claiming his 16,000 seat church/stadium couldn't be used as a shelter due to flooded roadways. New video in a tweet from some guys in Houston, at Osteen's church's doors tonight proves that's he's a fucking damn liar.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-08-2017, 11:02 AM
(28-08-2017 09:12 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Joel Osteen kept claiming his 16,000 seat church/stadium couldn't be used as a shelter due to flooded roadways. New video in a tweet from some guys in Houston, at Osteen's church's doors tonight proves that's he's a fucking damn liar.

No surprise there at all. Doesn't want the riff raff soiling their expensive carpets.
29-08-2017, 01:35 PM
In Olsteen's defense, he's acting like entirely within character and meeting all reasonable expectations of the man. Did anyone expect anything better from him?

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 1 user Likes BnW's post
29-08-2017, 02:20 PM
(29-08-2017 01:35 PM)BnW Wrote:  In Olsteen's defense, he's acting like entirely within character and meeting all reasonable expectations of the man. Did anyone expect anything better from him?

Yeah, but it's fun to hope for surprises. Would've been cool if he said, "Things are really terrible out there...if you can make it to our mega-building, the doors are open and we will provide what comfort we can." But yeah he's just the book-hustlin' huckster we know he is.