Any Texas Hurricane Parties?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-08-2017, 03:23 AM
RE: Any Texas Hurricane Parties?
Yesterday in Houston, Texas, long lines at he local service station. Everybody was topping off their fuel tanks. And Walmart was a riot. No gallon jugs of water left. I have a stock of foods that don't need cooking for when the electricity goes out, which in these cases in our old neighborhood is common. Lots of canned stuff like kippered herring, smoked oysters, peanut butter, crackers, bread. Here so far, no wind or rain.

Life is going to be rough in Texas for squirrels and critters for a few days. Be brave squirrels!

When I shake my ignore file, I can hear them buzzing!

Cheerful Charlie
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Cheerful Charlie's post
25-08-2017, 05:05 AM
(25-08-2017 03:23 AM)Cheerful Charlie Wrote:  Yesterday in Houston, Texas, long lines at he local service station. Everybody was topping off their fuel tanks. And Walmart was a riot. No gallon jugs of water left. I have a stock of foods that don't need cooking for when the electricity goes out, which in these cases in our old neighborhood is common. Lots of canned stuff like kippered herring, smoked oysters, peanut butter, crackers, bread. Here so far, no wind or rain.

Life is going to be rough in Texas for squirrels and critters for a few days. Be brave squirrels!

Running Squirrel Mountain, the Aztec god of jittery creatures, will look after them.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-08-2017, 05:19 AM
(24-08-2017 06:15 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(24-08-2017 05:54 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  I hope nobody's house get's destroyed, just pointing out the hypocrisy from the right when a disaster happens they are going to jump for help just like the left.

Point is the GOP isn't interested in small government, they are interested in being the only government.

And how many environmental disasters have to happen before humans realize we are causing climate change.

Yea I guess I am out to ruin a party because while I hope nobody dies, would be nice if people woke up from their delusions.

I hope nobody ends up having to live in a sports stadium for weeks .

I'm sure that posting about it on an Internet forum will help them out.

I am being dead serious when I say I hope everyone gets through this and their property too.

BUT, I do seriously get sick of GOP hypocrisy and I see it in my own family. My older sister has mental health issues, but is deeply religious and really far right. She has never been able to support herself and depends on her boyfriend and her mother, and has gotten government aid throughout her life. Yet that insensitive party has convinced her that gutting programs that keep her off the streets so big corporations and billionaires can get welfare in the form of tax cuts the rest of us have to pay for. WELL YEA, I do want to spoil that party.

You can't have it both ways. You can't shout "don't tax the rich" then expect funding when you need it, because the reality is they are convincing you to fund their corporate welfare.

I want everyone to get out of the way if they can. I want everyone to make it through if they are stuck. BUT remember this when you need help. I value our government helping those in need, especially in times of disaster. But that funding has to come from somewhere, do you want lack of funding, or do you think billionaires or Exxon or Walmart need that money more than workers do?

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
25-08-2017, 05:40 AM
Anybody remember the SNL bit Rachael Dratch played - Debbie Downer??

Extrapolate above post. Bummer...

Heh

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
25-08-2017, 07:32 AM
(25-08-2017 05:19 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  I am being dead serious when I say I hope everyone gets through this and their property too.

<snip>

But that funding has to come from somewhere, do you want lack of funding, or do you think billionaires or Exxon or Walmart need that money more than workers do?

Dude, this thread is about people in Texas in the path of the hurricane. Can you keep your politics out of it? Get over yourself.

Fuckin' narcissist. We have bigger things to worry about than your opinion. Take it somewhere else.
[+] 4 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
25-08-2017, 07:50 AM (This post was last modified: 25-08-2017 07:53 AM by Reducetarian.)
Without getting too political about this, has Trump even nominated someone to head FEMA yet?
Could be important ...

Scratch that: apparently he's well-respected expert Brock Long.

Your faith is not evidence, your opinion is not fact, and your bias is not wisdom
[+] 1 user Likes Reducetarian's post
25-08-2017, 07:57 AM
(25-08-2017 07:32 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(25-08-2017 05:19 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  I am being dead serious when I say I hope everyone gets through this and their property too.

<snip>

But that funding has to come from somewhere, do you want lack of funding, or do you think billionaires or Exxon or Walmart need that money more than workers do?

Dude, this thread is about people in Texas in the path of the hurricane. Can you keep your politics out of it? Get over yourself.

Fuckin' narcissist. We have bigger things to worry about than your opinion. Take it somewhere else.

No, sorry politics has everything to do with OUR planet. OUR PLANET.

It never seems to be a "good time" to point out facts. Because we have been pumping out far too much CO2 for the past century, our planet is warming causing our atmosphere to become more hyper active, causing more intense snowstorms, more wildfires, more flooding and bigger storms.

I am sorry if someone is stuck in the path, and I already said I DONT want anyone to die. But no sorry, this should give those affected something to think about the next time they vote.

The rest of the western world is on board with the Paris accord, but our GOP is more concerned with old polluting technology. FYI I do live on the coast of NC and this size storm also has the potential to affect me. And the last one we had here did destroy thousands of homes in SC/NC and caused lots of flooding people are still trying to recover from. So please do not tell me I have no right to comment about the only home I live on. I live on this planet too.

"Now is not the time" ok when, because climate scientists have been sounding the alarm bells for decades.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
25-08-2017, 08:00 AM
(25-08-2017 05:40 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Anybody remember the SNL bit Rachael Dratch played - Debbie Downer??

Heh

Yep, yesterday I looked up Debby Downer skits to post one here but they were all too long (7+ minutes) and I just couldn't bring myself to watch them to choose one. Too much bummer.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
25-08-2017, 08:03 AM
Bryan37, by chance are you on the outer banks or another of those areas where the floods tear down everything and the government steps in (FEMA) and takes care of people and rebuilds in the same spaces for them over....and over....and over...for free because people continue to choose to live in flood zones?

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
25-08-2017, 08:08 AM
(25-08-2017 08:00 AM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  
(25-08-2017 05:40 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Anybody remember the SNL bit Rachael Dratch played - Debbie Downer??

Heh

Yep, yesterday I looked up Debby Downer skits to post one here but they were all too long (7+ minutes) and I just couldn't bring myself to watch them to choose one. Too much bummer.

Yep, I am such a downer for pointing out reality. Funny how nobody has tornado parties, or wildfire parties or volcano parties. But meh, hurricanes are always pussycats. They wont cause flooding, or destroy buildings or kill people, nope, that never happens.

Hurricanes are not a joke and not to be taken lightly. Ask any first responder if they think you should treat a hurricane like a "party" or take it seriously.