Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-08-2017, 11:02 AM
RE: Any Texas Hurricane Parties?
(25-08-2017 10:30 AM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  
(25-08-2017 08:43 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  [/i]

Not the point.

My points are.

1. First responders don't want you in the path, even if you survive, if you end up in danger, they will not be in a position to get to you suddenly.

2. The category of a storm isn't the majority killer, the flooding is. Even the one that hit NY a few years back everyone thought petered out still flooded dock areas and subways.

3. FEMA is not free, someone who asks for it is not charged no, but it comes out of the taxes we pay. It is still a budget funded by tax dollars. Just like public schools are not free. Kids and parents are not charged to attend, but tax payers pay for the buildings and the teachers and the upkeep.

There is no such thing as "free".

The problem with not addressing climate change is because the damage caused by not addressing it over decades is a cost to everyone long term. Getting off fossil fuels wont happen over night, but the quicker and sooner we do, that will help. Better building codes as well, using tougher materials will save buildings and thus reduce payouts thus costing businesses and homeowners less in premiums.

Ah, but you brought up the point with this statement:
"FYI I do live on the coast of NC and this size storm also has the potential to affect me. And the last one we had here did destroy thousands of homes in SC/NC and caused lots of flooding people are still trying to recover from. So please do not tell me I have no right to comment about the only home I live on. I live on this planet too."

Those were your words. Thus making it relevant to ask if your home is in one of the areas on the NC coast that FEMA rebuilds over and over and over after storms because people insist on building/rebuilding in areas where they know it's going to flood, over and over and... Maybe I missed a post since then, but I don't see where you answered the question, you know, the one you made relevant by bringing up where you are....

Because if you ARE, then (believe it or not) you are welcome to come inland to get out of the path, ride it out and be safe. I have a couple of spare bedrooms. All I'd ask is that you leave the politics at home.

Film at 11…...

Tongue

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-08-2017, 11:17 AM
(25-08-2017 09:06 AM)BikerDude Wrote:  
(25-08-2017 08:52 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  Might have been "cool" from where you were sitting, but that is mere selection bias and sample rate error. Storms that big don't simply affect one block.

Mathew hit SC/NC, I was lucky, worst my neighborhood got was broken tree limbs. But in NC in Lumberton and Whiteville which are far away from me, got severe damage from flooding. Parts of Myrtle Beach and Horry County also severely damaged. Yea might have been "cool" for you, but Hurricanes are huge storms and while you got lucky, others did not.

Tornado chasers get a thrill out of chasing them too, but tornados are also killers and destroy property. Maybe instead of thinking, "I had fun" look at these events as a point of view, because other people don't have fun and do get hurt and do have their property damaged.

Yeah I don't live there.
Biggest onslaught we see is the onslaught of stupidity that vexes the entire planet.
I feel for you and others who live in the path of such disasters. Is that going to improve the situation?
Might I suggest moving?
I'm not trying to be a wise ass at all but it seems slightly selfish to watch the family farm get swept away several times and then continue to insist on others sympathies.
You have my sympathies but I fail to see how that changes anything and fail to see how anybody effected would care one way or the other.
This should open a can of worms.
My job here is done.

Maybe there is a God then.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koalemos

In Greek mythology, Koalemos is the god of stupidity,[1] mentioned once by Aristophanes,[2] and being found also in Lives by Plutarch.[3] Coalemus is the Latin spelling of the name. Sometimes it is referred to as a daimon, more of a spirit and minor deity.

Otherwise, the word κοάλεμος was used in the sense of "stupid person" or also "idiots".[4][5]

And the day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the supreme being as his father in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter
- Thomas Jefferson

Cheerful Charlie
25-08-2017, 11:27 AM
(25-08-2017 10:16 AM)BikerDude Wrote:  
(25-08-2017 09:58 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  First off asshole, nobody is asking you to worry about me. But it still is the same fucking planet all 7 billion of us live on. Now yea, I care, because I live on the same planet. Excuse the fuck out of me for caring about my only home.

Yes you are. That is the point.
I posted something and you came back and immediately started waging your fucking finger at me about how I should have more sympathy for the less fortunate.
I do care about other people. I don't care about self righteous finger wagging assholes who are devoted to making mountains out of fucking mole hills and dragging everything down into a mire of bullshit finger pointing and recrimination.
You don't like what I said get the fuck over it asshole. Live on the planet with 7 billion other people a percentage of which find you to be a pain in the ass.
Get the fuck over your self and stop fucking preaching at people.

No I am not moron, please take your cold war GOP talking point economic view and shove it.

But if you want to make it about that fine, you should have sympathy for others, but even if you don't you should care enough about yourself to not want to see others desperate. Saying Somali pirates kidnap people for money doesn't mean you think it is moral, it just means THEY WILL because they have nothing.

When economy's tank bad enough you end up with political unrest, even to the point of revolutions. THAT is my fucking point moron.

If your attitude is "be selfish" leads to "self preservation" that self preservation still depends on a stable society. Kings get beheaded for not giving a fuck about their populations. It doesn't matter if you think people with less should not do that, the fact is they will when desperate enough.

I have sympathy for others, but sympathy has nothing to do with why you should want to do it even if you don't care about others. I hate republican economics, but if I go by your logic, since most voters in Texas vote for the party I don't then by your logic, FUCK THEM, because they are republicans. No asshole, they are humans. If I took a "let them rot if they cant pay", it wouldn't take them long to fight back and at that point, sympathy or not, that would effect me.

If you are one of these utopian morons who think all taxes are robbery, then please tell everyone here how our military gets paid for because that also requires taxes. Guess what, you are not the only person in the nation that pay taxes nor the only party that pays taxes, and in a pluralistic society WE, not you decide what OUR laws are. And I want FEMA funded so that even if republicans have their homes destroyed, which is the sympathetic thing to do, but even without the sympathy, I don't want more desperate people because desperate people will do desperate things. Not that I want them to, but starve any group in the world long enough, they will react.

So again, I think you are merely bitching because this time a red state is going to be affected instead of a blue city. I don't give a fuck if it is red or blue, humans are not trash and "fuck you I got mine" is not an economic policy.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-08-2017, 11:30 AM
[Image: tumblr_ljh0puClWT1qfkt17.gif]

More Min Gee Ziss
[Image: giphy.gif]
25-08-2017, 11:39 AM (This post was last modified: 25-08-2017 11:42 AM by BikerDude.)
(25-08-2017 11:27 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(25-08-2017 10:16 AM)BikerDude Wrote:  Yes you are. That is the point.
I posted something and you came back and immediately started waging your fucking finger at me about how I should have more sympathy for the less fortunate.
I do care about other people. I don't care about self righteous finger wagging assholes who are devoted to making mountains out of fucking mole hills and dragging everything down into a mire of bullshit finger pointing and recrimination.
You don't like what I said get the fuck over it asshole. Live on the planet with 7 billion other people a percentage of which find you to be a pain in the ass.
Get the fuck over your self and stop fucking preaching at people.

No I am not moron, please take your cold war GOP talking point economic view and shove it.

But if you want to make it about that fine, you should have sympathy for others, but even if you don't you should care enough about yourself to not want to see others desperate. Saying Somali pirates kidnap people for money doesn't mean you think it is moral, it just means THEY WILL because they have nothing.

When economy's tank bad enough you end up with political unrest, even to the point of revolutions. THAT is my fucking point moron.

If your attitude is "be selfish" leads to "self preservation" that self preservation still depends on a stable society. Kings get beheaded for not giving a fuck about their populations. It doesn't matter if you think people with less should not do that, the fact is they will when desperate enough.

I have sympathy for others, but sympathy has nothing to do with why you should want to do it even if you don't care about others. I hate republican economics, but if I go by your logic, since most voters in Texas vote for the party I don't then by your logic, FUCK THEM, because they are republicans. No asshole, they are humans. If I took a "let them rot if they cant pay", it wouldn't take them long to fight back and at that point, sympathy or not, that would effect me.

If you are one of these utopian morons who think all taxes are robbery, then please tell everyone here how our military gets paid for because that also requires taxes. Guess what, you are not the only person in the nation that pay taxes nor the only party that pays taxes, and in a pluralistic society WE, not you decide what OUR laws are. And I want FEMA funded so that even if republicans have their homes destroyed, which is the sympathetic thing to do, but even without the sympathy, I don't want more desperate people because desperate people will do desperate things. Not that I want them to, but starve any group in the world long enough, they will react.

So again, I think you are merely bitching because this time a red state is going to be affected instead of a blue city. I don't give a fuck if it is red or blue, humans are not trash and "fuck you I got mine" is not an economic policy.

Yeah bla bla bla
The point is where the fuck do you get off preaching to others what the fuck they should feel or do?
Some people don't agree with you. And even if I do agree with you it's a merciless drag hearing you fucking preach about it.
Why don't you just try not polluting conversation with the crushing boredom of endlessly wagging your finger and preaching at people for not agreeing with you and telling everyone what a fucking Mother Teresa you are.
And where the hell is this red blue thing coming from? Are you just a walking regurgitation of some half ass pundit TV show?
It's like I walked into a public rest room and left with a shit covered scrap of paper stuck to my loafer.

[Image: anigif_enhanced-26851-1450298712-2.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes BikerDude's post
25-08-2017, 12:17 PM
Brian37, the offer is sincere. If you and your family need a place inland to take shelter from the storm, my husband and I extend the offer as long as politics is not a discussion topic.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
[+] 1 user Likes outtathereligioncloset's post
25-08-2017, 01:24 PM
(25-08-2017 07:57 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(25-08-2017 07:32 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Dude, this thread is about people in Texas in the path of the hurricane. Can you keep your politics out of it? Get over yourself.

Fuckin' narcissist. We have bigger things to worry about than your opinion. Take it somewhere else.

No, sorry politics has everything to do with OUR planet. OUR PLANET.

[...]

"Now is not the time" ok when, because climate scientists have been sounding the alarm bells for decades.

This is about people, Brian, who are about to get hammered. Take your agenda and stick it up your ass. Sorry, we can discuss your politics another time. In the meantime, go gaze lovingly into the mirror and tell yourself what a good person you are.

Fuckhead.
[+] 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
25-08-2017, 01:25 PM (This post was last modified: 25-08-2017 01:29 PM by Thumpalumpacus.)
(25-08-2017 08:08 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  Funny how nobody has tornado parties, or wildfire parties or volcano parties.

Read my first post, dingleberry. People do all sorts of things when the shit hits the fan.

(25-08-2017 10:11 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  There's plenty of shit for you to rant about elsewhere.

Offtopic

And "elsewhere" is just the place to do it.
25-08-2017, 03:06 PM
Well, BikerDude...I see you met Brian. If you want politics thrown into every fucking conversation...he's your guy. And if you want to find the dark cloud around the silver lining...Brian is looking to see how awful it can be.

As for remarks about people not leaving their homes during hurricanes...generations of my family have been on the Outer Banks. The 'natives' are a hardy bunch who have figured out that to live there you are going to have to deal with extreme weather.

Sounds a lot like some people here think everyone should move inland...might as well plan for people to also move away from rivers too. And tornado alley...get outta there...bad things could happen. Areas of the country that experience blizzards and ice storms...gotta move.

Now if someone will just figure out where nothing can ever happen, that'd be great. Guess I shouldn't have lived here last year when the freak hail storm decimated our home and our cars...who knew that weather could happen?

People getting awfully judgmental around here.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
25-08-2017, 03:18 PM
(25-08-2017 01:25 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(25-08-2017 08:08 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  Funny how nobody has tornado parties, or wildfire parties or volcano parties.

Read my first post, dingleberry. People do all sorts of things when the shit hits the fan.

(25-08-2017 10:11 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  There's plenty of shit for you to rant about elsewhere.

Offtopic

And "elsewhere" is just the place to do it.

And the REASON nobody has tornado, wildfire or volcano parties -

You don't get a week's notice to get the caterer or a DJ lined up.......

Duh!

Facepalm

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post