Any Texas Hurricane Parties?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-08-2017, 03:21 PM
RE: Any Texas Hurricane Parties?
(25-08-2017 03:06 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Sounds a lot like some people here think everyone should move inland...might as well plan for people to also move away from rivers too. And tornado alley...get outta there...bad things could happen. Areas of the country that experience blizzards and ice storms...gotta move.

You forgot wild fires. (Looks out the window at plumes of smoke)

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
25-08-2017, 03:24 PM
(25-08-2017 03:21 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(25-08-2017 03:06 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Sounds a lot like some people here think everyone should move inland...might as well plan for people to also move away from rivers too. And tornado alley...get outta there...bad things could happen. Areas of the country that experience blizzards and ice storms...gotta move.

You forgot wild fires. (Looks out the window at plumes of smoke)

Actually thought about that after I hit 'post'...and landslides, sinkholes, earthquakes (had a small one on the other side of the city today), and those pesky mountains that can decide to erupt.

Goddamnit....we can't live anywhere that there isn't potential for a natural disaster.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
25-08-2017, 03:38 PM
(25-08-2017 03:24 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(25-08-2017 03:21 PM)Dom Wrote:  You forgot wild fires. (Looks out the window at plumes of smoke)

Actually thought about that after I hit 'post'...and landslides, sinkholes, earthquakes (had a small one on the other side of the city today), and those pesky mountains that can decide to erupt.

Goddamnit....we can't live anywhere that there isn't potential for a natural disaster.

[Image: Fine-Tune-4-Jim.png]

More Min Gee Ziss
[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 2 users Like TSG's post
25-08-2017, 03:40 PM
(25-08-2017 03:38 PM)TSG Wrote:  [Image: Fine-Tune-4-Jim.png]

Big Grin

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
25-08-2017, 04:07 PM
[Image: IxfzL0L.jpg]

[+] 7 users Like Anjele's post
25-08-2017, 06:11 PM
Meanwhile, some news idiots are standing on sea walls and yammering on about surges and waves up to 16 feet. And then there are the brave morons showing up at the beaches with surf boards. Darwin awards anybody?

And the day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the supreme being as his father in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter
- Thomas Jefferson

Cheerful Charlie
[+] 1 user Likes Cheerful Charlie's post
25-08-2017, 06:22 PM
(25-08-2017 06:11 PM)Cheerful Charlie Wrote:  Meanwhile, some news idiots are standing on sea walls and yammering on about surges and waves up to 16 feet. And then there are the brave morons showing up at the beaches with surf boards. Darwin awards anybody?

Always thought it was so ridiculous when the on the spot weather person stands there braving the elements. Usually yelling about how people for god's sake get outta here.

You're in Houston, right? Just talked to family there, looks like wind not too bad but gonna get a shitload of rain.

25-08-2017, 06:32 PM
(25-08-2017 06:22 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  
(25-08-2017 06:11 PM)Cheerful Charlie Wrote:  Meanwhile, some news idiots are standing on sea walls and yammering on about surges and waves up to 16 feet. And then there are the brave morons showing up at the beaches with surf boards. Darwin awards anybody?

Always thought it was so ridiculous when the on the spot weather person stands there braving the elements. Usually yelling about how people for god's sake get outta here.

You're in Houston, right? Just talked to family there, looks like wind not too bad but gonna get a shitload of rain.

Yeah, Houston. It has been mildly rainy today, off and on. The wind is picking up a bit but isn't really bad, not hurricane force here. And yes, the idiots are on the Galveston beaches with their surfboards. The neighborhood squirrels are nowhere in sight, I have no idea where they are camping out in this weather.

And the day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the supreme being as his father in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter
- Thomas Jefferson

Cheerful Charlie
[+] 1 user Likes Cheerful Charlie's post
25-08-2017, 06:40 PM
(25-08-2017 06:32 PM)Cheerful Charlie Wrote:  The neighborhood squirrels are nowhere in sight, I have no idea where they are camping out in this weather.

Who had that crazy thread about squirrels a few weeks ago? They're at that person's house.

25-08-2017, 06:53 PM
(25-08-2017 03:24 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(25-08-2017 03:21 PM)Dom Wrote:  You forgot wild fires. (Looks out the window at plumes of smoke)

Reminded me of this...

Quote:When I first came here, this was all swamp. Everyone said I was daft to build a castle on a swamp, but I built in all the same, just to show them. It sank into the swamp. So I built a second one. That sank into the swamp. So I built a third. That burned down, fell over, then sank into the swamp. But the fourth one stayed up. And that's what you're going to get, Lad, the strongest castle in all of England.

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Popeye's Pappy's post