Any Texas Hurricane Parties?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-08-2017, 06:59 AM
RE: Any Texas Hurricane Parties?
(27-08-2017 06:46 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(27-08-2017 06:44 AM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  We don't own planets.

Yet.

Bowing

Yep, the asshole fossil fuel industry would love nothing more than to own our planet. What's worse is because of 100 years of denial the cost of ignorance is hurting all 7 billion of us.

We've had solar technology for almost a 100 years. I wonder how much further ahead we could have been if greedy people had not been allowed to bully global politics. I can only hope my species can pull it's head out of its ass before it is too late.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-08-2017, 07:30 AM
(27-08-2017 06:59 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(27-08-2017 06:46 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Bowing

Yep, the asshole fossil fuel industry would love nothing more than to own our planet. What's worse is because of 100 years of denial the cost of ignorance is hurting all 7 billion of us.

We've had solar technology for almost a 100 years. I wonder how much further ahead we could have been if greedy people had not been allowed to bully global politics. I can only hope my species can pull it's head out of its ass before it is too late.

You just don't get it, do you? This thread isn't about politics.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
27-08-2017, 07:37 AM
Houston is getting clobbered. The local bayou down our street is out of it's banks.
More rain is coming. Our local toads are enjoying themselves and singing their little toad hearts out. It is still raining and more on it's way.

When I shake my ignore file, I can hear them buzzing!

Cheerful Charlie
[+] 1 user Likes Cheerful Charlie's post
27-08-2017, 07:38 AM
A one track mind and it's been derailed.

Facepalm

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
27-08-2017, 07:41 AM
(27-08-2017 07:37 AM)Cheerful Charlie Wrote:  Houston is getting clobbered. The local bayou down our street is out of it's banks.
More rain is coming. Our local toads are enjoying themselves and singing their little toad hearts out. It is still raining and more on it's way.

Been tracking it (I'm in DFW)...looks like it's just stalled out over you guys. We had some scattered showers yesterday and it looks like today will be the same. The bands aren't quite reaching us yet.

Stay safe.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
27-08-2017, 07:49 AM
(27-08-2017 07:37 AM)Cheerful Charlie Wrote:  Houston is getting clobbered. The local bayou down our street is out of it's banks.

Got the lifetaft stocked with lotsa beer??

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
27-08-2017, 07:57 AM
(27-08-2017 07:30 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(27-08-2017 06:59 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  Yep, the asshole fossil fuel industry would love nothing more than to own our planet. What's worse is because of 100 years of denial the cost of ignorance is hurting all 7 billion of us.

You just don't get it, do you? This thread isn't about politics.

I don't care. It needs to be about politics because humans influence governments and our policies on our fuel resources do affect OUR planet.

"Now is not the time" is a bullshit excuse, because if we had been addressing climate change 100 years ago we wouldn't be having this argument now.

You sound just like the auto industry when Nader told them how unsafe they were.

Car companies screamed and bitched about regulations only to learn to sell seat belts and air bags and still survived with those new mandates.

Nobody in this thread in the path, or anyone for that matter wants this to happen, but if this were taken seriously like it should have been long ago when scientists were sounding the alarm bells, we wouldn't be having this conversation now.

We need FUNDING in clean energy. We need funding in FEMA and evacuation. We need better building codes to minimize property damage. I am sorry the truth bothers you, but that is your baggage, not mine.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-08-2017, 07:58 AM
I got through almost 4 pages of this thread and came to a sobering conclusion: Brian37 is douchebag. Can someone let me know if there is a point where the douchebaggery stopped and, if so, I'll start reading from there.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 4 users Like BnW's post
27-08-2017, 07:58 AM
(27-08-2017 07:49 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  

Got the lifetaft stocked with lotsa beer??

Not really. My main problem is ice. I have a bit of rum left and a couple of liter bottles of Coke.

When I shake my ignore file, I can hear them buzzing!

Cheerful Charlie
[+] 1 user Likes Cheerful Charlie's post
27-08-2017, 08:07 AM
(27-08-2017 07:57 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(27-08-2017 07:30 AM)Anjele Wrote:  You just don't get it, do you? This thread isn't about politics.
I don't care.

[blahblahblahblah]

We need FUNDING in clean energy. We need funding in FEMA and evacuation. We need better building codes to minimize property damage. I am sorry the truth bothers you, but that is your baggage, not mine.

[Image: 108ctbb.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post