Any Tupac fans here!?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-04-2013, 06:27 PM (This post was last modified: 06-04-2013 06:33 PM by TheLogicalAthiest.)
Music Any Tupac fans here!?
Are you a Tupac fan? Lets talk about Tupac here. His music, and him as a person.

I think Tupac was a great rapper as well as a great social activist. The reason I love his music is because it is so powerful and talks about social issues. There are so many songs of his I love, my favorites are probably California Love, Changes, Me Against the World, To Live and Die in LA, So Many Tears, Life Goes On, Unconditional Love. In fact I love too many of his songs to list. I like that his lyrics have a real and deep meaning. He also wrote some really good poems.

I am a big rap fan in general, other rappers I enjoy are Snoop Dogg, Ice Cube, NWA and Eminem. I think I enjoy rap because it tells a story and places a greater emphasis on lyrics and words, than the backing track.

To me, I consider Tupac an inspirational person. He seemed intelligent and spoke about some real issues affecting his community. He did sometimes give a negative image through his badboy image, and his lyrics can be contradictory, such as praising women in Keep Your Head Up but then giving a totally different impression of women in other songs.

"Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth." - Henry David Thoreau
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-04-2013, 06:38 PM
RE: Any Tupac fans here!?
He's like the Mitt Romney of rappers.

jk

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
06-04-2013, 06:39 PM
(06-04-2013 06:38 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  He's like the Mitt Romney of rappers.

jk

What do you mean by that? I don't understand Undecided

06-04-2013, 06:41 PM
(06-04-2013 06:39 PM)TheLogicalAthiest Wrote:  
(06-04-2013 06:38 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  He's like the Mitt Romney of rappers.

jk

What do you mean by that? I don't understand Undecided

You mentioned contradictions and it clicked.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
06-04-2013, 06:41 PM

I had to. Big Grin

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 2 users Like cheapthrillseaker's post
06-04-2013, 06:47 PM
(06-04-2013 06:41 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(06-04-2013 06:39 PM)TheLogicalAthiest Wrote:  What do you mean by that? I don't understand Undecided

You mentioned contradictions and it clicked.

Gotcha Thumbsup

19-04-2013, 09:55 PM
My favorite Tupac albums were his first 3, with his 3rd album being my favorite. I never was really into All Eyez on Me, but the rest of his catalogue is great.
My 2nd favorite album was 2Pacalypse, which I feel is constantly undermentioned and looked over. It was a strong freshman release and his most conscious album.
As a role model (as any adult is, I don't think we have a choice), he wasn't perfect . I don't fully blame him though, he went through a lot as a young artist. I would have loved to see him grow as a more mature, wiser and stronger man. I wonder what Tupac would have sounded like in his 30s and 40s.

My intro- more about me: My story
16-05-2013, 04:14 PM
Do I have to care about Tupac-the artist? Meh. Whatever.
Love this song, though ThumbsupThumbsupThumbsup

16-05-2013, 04:58 PM (This post was last modified: 16-05-2013 05:02 PM by Anjele.)
http://youtu.be/FWOsbGP5Ox4

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude.

Just because her eyes don't tear doesn't mean her heart doesn't cry. Just because she comes off strong doesn't mean there's nothing wrong.