Any Warriors fans?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-03-2013, 11:14 PM
RE: Any Warriors fans?
(31-03-2013 11:10 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  What was wrong with 6?

(please note, I have only actually played DW5:E)

6 was awful. 5 was incredible, that was the one that got my so addicted to the series. 7 was really good too. 6 just seemed as though they didn't give a shit when they made it.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-03-2013, 11:45 PM
Ah, I see. Thanks.

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.
01-04-2013, 12:34 AM
Lucky me, I've only got 5 and 7 then.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
01-04-2013, 05:38 PM
(01-04-2013 12:34 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Lucky me, I've only got 5 and 7 then.

Lucky bastard. 6 was £30 wasted.

Do you prefer the individual story lines of 5 or the kingdom based ones of 7?

Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
02-04-2013, 05:14 AM
Individual. Simply because I hated playing with crappy characters. That being characters that I've never played before so couldn't kill shit to save themselves.
I think, because DW is based on actual historical events (most of the characters were real people, the battles were real battles etc... Obviously the game flashes them up a bit but still), the individual story lines interested my more too then whole kingdom story lines which you get with the individual story lines anyway.

The conquest thing was cool too.
I don't know if you've ever played Rise of Nations (it's a computer strategy game), that has a game mod called world domination or something where you move little counters around a board and the counters represent armies where you then go into a battle (build and destroy like Age of Empires) to take that territory or defeat the enemy armies. But enemies could attack you with their counters and you'd have to defend etc..
I wish it was more like that rather then you just slowly changing colors on a board.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
03-04-2013, 10:02 PM
(02-04-2013 05:14 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Individual. Simply because I hated playing with crappy characters. That being characters that I've never played before so couldn't kill shit to save themselves.
I think, because DW is based on actual historical events (most of the characters were real people, the battles were real battles etc... Obviously the game flashes them up a bit but still), the individual story lines interested my more too then whole kingdom story lines which you get with the individual story lines anyway.

It's based on a romanticised version of true events. Even with that though I think they're getting further and further away from reality (not that I mind, it makes it more interesting). In recent games there seem to be a strangely high number of females leading armies into way considering the time period. I get the feeling that they're beginning to run out of interesting characters so they've begun to take a few extra liberties with some people's involvement.

Best
Worst
04-04-2013, 05:31 AM
Oh yes I noticed that too, as well as adding fantasy characters like what's his face with the cards from 5.
I don't mind it either, it is a game afterall not a doco, just ya know.. I like history.

04-04-2013, 08:44 AM
(04-04-2013 05:31 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Oh yes I noticed that too, as well as adding fantasy characters like what's his face with the cards from 5.
I don't mind it either, it is a game afterall not a doco, just ya know.. I like history.

Zuo Ci, I think they're bringing him back for DW8.

I like the history too, I'm sad enough to have looked up most of the characters (not in depth, just on Wikipedia).

Best
Worst
04-04-2013, 08:47 AM
I used to play DW3 all the time. Loved that game.

I have DW: Gundam 2... it is decent. Nothing great though.

[Image: opforum1.png]
04-04-2013, 06:21 PM
(04-04-2013 08:44 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(04-04-2013 05:31 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Oh yes I noticed that too, as well as adding fantasy characters like what's his face with the cards from 5.

Zuo Ci, I think they're bringing him back for DW8.

I like the history too, I'm sad enough to have looked up most of the characters (not in depth, just on Wikipedia).

Watch the movie Red Cliff and Red Cliff 2. (If you don't mind reading subtitles).
Brilliant movie about the Battle of Chibi. Well worth a watch anyway (as it's the best Chinese war movie out there), but especially if you enjoy the history regarding China at that time.
Has many of the same characters (people) as DW. Cao Cao, Liu Bei, Guan Yu, etc.. etc..

And there's another really good one regarding the life of Zhao Yun that's more historically accurate but I can't for the life of me remember the name of it, I'll find it later when I don't have a test in half an hour.

[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post