Any Warriors fans?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-04-2013, 07:08 PM
RE: Any Warriors fans?
(04-04-2013 06:21 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Watch the movie Red Cliff and Red Cliff 2. (If you don't mind reading subtitles).
Brilliant movie about the Battle of Chibi. Well worth a watch anyway (as it's the best Chinese war movie out there), but especially if you enjoy the history regarding China at that time.
Has many of the same characters (people) as DW. Cao Cao, Liu Bei, Guan Yu, etc.. etc..

And there's another really good one regarding the life of Zhao Yun that's more historically accurate but I can't for the life of me remember the name of it, I'll find it later when I don't have a test in half an hour.

I was gonna get Red Cliff when it came out but I was put off by a lot of reviews that said the subtitles didn't show up well on the background making them virtually unreadable. Was that something you found with it or are they OK?

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-04-2013, 09:29 PM
I find them fine. But I downloaded my copy in Chinese and downloaded separate subtitles in english, so they weren't the original subtitles.
I had to pause a few times the first time to read the subtitles but that's only because I'm a slow reader and Chinese people talk so fucking fast.

"Three Kingdoms, Resurrection of the Dragon" is the other movie by the way. Not as good as Red Cliff, but still good.

Also, if you do eventually watch Red Cliff, just note that you gotta watch Red Cliff 2, just cause, you'll see when you watch the movie.

(Also I'm not saying pirate it... but pirate it)

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
04-04-2013, 09:35 PM
(04-04-2013 09:29 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I find them fine. But I downloaded my copy in Chinese and downloaded separate subtitles in english, so they weren't the original subtitles.
I had to pause a few times the first time to read the subtitles but that's only because I'm a slow reader and Chinese people talk so fucking fast.

"Three Kingdoms, Resurrection of the Dragon" is the other movie by the way. Not as good as Red Cliff, but still good.

Also, if you do eventually watch Red Cliff, just note that you gotta watch Red Cliff 2, just cause, you'll see when you watch the movie.

(Also I'm not saying pirate it... but pirate it)

Fuck it, I'm getting it. Gonna buy it though cos I love my collection of Blu-Rays. 1 & 2 were released as just one movie over here instead of separately.

I'll have a look for that other one as well, see if I can track down a copy.

I'm thinking of getting a copy of The Romance Of The Three Kingdoms as well, I don't suppose you've read it have you?

Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
04-04-2013, 10:18 PM
No, last book I read was The Little Yellow Digger when I was 5.
It is something I'd like to read though.
Don't quote me on this, but they also made a TV show I believe on it??? If not, they probably should, might give Game of Thrones a run for its money (doubtful, GoT is fucking awesome).

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
04-04-2013, 10:24 PM
(04-04-2013 10:18 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  No, last book I read was The Little Yellow Digger when I was 5.
It is something I'd like to read though.
Don't quote me on this, but they also made a TV show I believe on it??? If not, they probably should, might give Game of Thrones a run for its money (doubtful, GoT is fucking awesome).

I've ordered Red Cliff, the special edition has the both parts of the film separately so I've got that. I ordered the other one two. Can't wait for them to arrive.

I really wanna get the book too but it's in two parts that would cost me £40 altogether so I'll have to give it a miss for now.

Best
Worst
05-04-2013, 12:46 AM
Cool cool.
Book might be in your local library? I know it's a Chinese book, but it is well known.

05-04-2013, 04:54 PM
(05-04-2013 12:46 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Cool cool.
Book might be in your local library? I know it's a Chinese book, but it is well known.

I tried two local libraries when I first got DW5 but they had nothing. None of the staff had heard of it in either.

I'll wait til I've a little more money and get them then I think.

Best
Worst
05-04-2013, 07:39 PM
Interesting, I thought they would have.

09-04-2013, 01:59 AM
OH, and if you like 'Kung Fu' movies, IP Man and IP Man 2 will be best 'Kung-Fu' you ever see considering they're the best Kung Fu movies ever made, ever.

11-08-2013, 06:02 AM
(09-04-2013 01:59 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  OH, and if you like 'Kung Fu' movies, IP Man and IP Man 2 will be best 'Kung-Fu' you ever see considering they're the best Kung Fu movies ever made, ever.

I gotta agree with you here. They were bad-fucking-ass.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.