Any biologist in here?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-09-2012, 08:13 AM
RE: Any biologist in here?
(03-09-2012 08:01 AM)robotworld Wrote:  The way you put it... it's kind of vague. Evolution is simply a change in allelic frequency in a population over a period of time.
That is what some accept as tHE definition.

Not me. I prefer learning what is occurring at the molecular level versus observing an evolution on such a broad approach.

Quote:Genetic variation is required for evolution to happen, and there must be a selection pressure.
Survival is a selection process.

Quote:Mating two different organisms to form an entirely new species, such as the mating of a lion and a tiger to form a liger, is more of speciation than evolution.
. That is the kind of evolution most are requiring. Kind of like the allele setting.

Is sickle cell an evolution to you?

Quote:. "
. That is why claiming an evolution by the accepted concept is stupid.

Every cell division invokes an evolution, few of the changes are even observed."

What cell division? Are you referring to mitosis, meiosis or binary fission? Even though there is a change, there must be a selection pressure, in which that tiny change allows the organism to better survive, for evolution to occur.

Blondes do do better in so cal, for surviving the reproductive cycle.

And Did you take your flu shot, this year, With the EVOVLED strain?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-09-2012, 08:23 AM
(03-09-2012 08:13 AM)Bishadi Wrote:  
(03-09-2012 08:01 AM)robotworld Wrote:  The way you put it... it's kind of vague. Evolution is simply a change in allelic frequency in a population over a period of time.

Not me. I prefer learning what is occurring at the molecular level versus observing an evolution on such a broad approach.

Quote:Genetic variation is required for evolution to happen, and there must be a selection pressure.

Quote:Mating two different organisms to form an entirely new species, such as the mating of a lion and a tiger to form a liger, is more of speciation than evolution.
. That is the kind of evolution most are requiring. Kind of like the allele setting.

Every cell division invokes an evolution, few of the changes are even observed."

What cell division? Are you referring to mitosis, meiosis or binary fission? Even though there is a change, there must be a selection pressure, in which that tiny change allows the organism to better survive, for evolution to occur.

There's no such thing as 'an evolution'. There are mutations, there are recombinations, there are selection pressures, there is differential survival and reproductive success, and there is changing allele frequency.

It is mutation that is at the molecular level.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
03-09-2012, 08:26 AM
Still has not provided a clear definition of life at the molecular level, as such evolution can't occur at the molecular level. I feel like a broken record. Any chance you will head back to the other threads to address the other points I raise?

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
03-09-2012, 09:03 AM
(03-09-2012 08:13 AM)Bishadi Wrote:  

Sickle cells are a result of a mutation that lead to a change in conformation (shape) of the hemoglobin protein in red blood cells.

And yes, like TheBeardedDude mentioned, give us a clear definition of like at the molecular level.

Flu? Are you referring to the influenza virus? First things first, viruses are not cells. They do not divide like bacteria through binary fission. Yes, viruses do evolve however.

Welcome to science. You're gonna like it here - Phil Plait

Have you ever tried taking a comfort blanket away from a small child? - DLJ
[+] 2 users Like robotworld's post
03-09-2012, 10:09 AM
How do I give negative rep to Bishadi?

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
04-09-2012, 07:25 AM
(03-09-2012 08:23 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(03-09-2012 08:13 AM)Bishadi Wrote:  That is what some accept as tHE definition.

There's no such thing as 'an evolution'. There are mutations, there are recombinations, there are selection pressures, there is differential survival and reproductive success, and there is changing allele frequency.

It is mutation that is at the molecular level.

no evolution

and mutation are at the molecular level, but you have no fucking clue as to how and why, right?
04-09-2012, 07:26 AM
(03-09-2012 10:09 AM)Phaedrus Wrote:  How do I give negative rep to Bishadi?

by bending over.
04-09-2012, 07:31 AM
(03-09-2012 09:03 AM)robotworld Wrote:  
(03-09-2012 08:13 AM)Bishadi Wrote:  That is what some accept as tHE definition.

Sickle cells are a result of a mutation that lead to a change in conformation (shape) of the hemoglobin protein in red blood cells.
someone can read.

and why would a guy like me put a tri-sickle cell, into a conversation of evolution?

please educute the punks around here
Quote:And yes, like TheBeardedDude mentioned, give us a clear definition of like at the molecular level.

no

lavoisier already tried and idiots dont like it
Quote:Flu? Are you referring to the influenza virus? First things first, viruses are not cells.

who said they were cells?

this forum is full of idiots that read BS into sentences, that aint there.

Quote: Yes, viruses do evolve however.

what a peanut gallery this place has?!?!?

did you take you shot of that 'random mutation' or it is that if mankind alters a living structure, that it dont apply to the laws of nature?

It reminds me of religious wingnuts, they say 'god said, no false witness' but the punks lie out the butt, like the pukes around here do.

ie..... the law says its 'random' while i have a menu in front of me.
04-09-2012, 07:37 AM
And ad hominem after ad hominem.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
04-09-2012, 07:42 AM
(04-09-2012 07:37 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  And ad hominem after ad hominem.

look who's talkin'?

Name something, on thread topic, that you wrote?