Any good drinking games for freshers week?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-08-2017, 09:17 AM
I joined the university's Facebook group. We agreed to spend the first three days playing drinking games and getting drunk. We're playing never have I ever, but we need more. Do you know any good ones?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Bae Con Sand Witch's post
21-08-2017, 09:59 AM
RE: Any good drinking games for freshers week?
(21-08-2017 09:17 AM)Bae Con Sand Witch Wrote:  I joined the university's Facebook group. We agreed to spend the first three days playing drinking games and getting drunk. We're playing never have I ever, but we need more. Do you know any good ones?

My advice is DONT....

I did that shit as a teen and in college. While it seems fun at the time, looking back at it now, I could have seriously killed myself. Not to mention other things like drinking and driving. They are not your friends if they are daring you to possibly poison yourself.

I have lots of regrets about doing that looking back. My so called "friends" got drunk , trashed the shit I owned, and drove drunk. Alcohol is not illegal no, but it is also dangerous and should not be treated as a game.

Drink in moderation, sure, get a driver always or take a cab, but no, don't dare others or be dared yourself into endangering your life or the lives of others.

Or did you miss the story of the frat guys now charged and one dead frat guy?

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Brian37's post
21-08-2017, 10:26 AM
(21-08-2017 09:59 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(21-08-2017 09:17 AM)Bae Con Sand Witch Wrote:  I joined the university's Facebook group. We agreed to spend the first three days playing drinking games and getting drunk. We're playing never have I ever, but we need more. Do you know any good ones?

My advice is DONT....

I did that shit as a teen and in college. While it seems fun at the time, looking back at it now, I could have seriously killed myself. Not to mention other things like drinking and driving. They are not your friends if they are daring you to possibly poison yourself.

I have lots of regrets about doing that looking back. My so called "friends" got drunk , trashed the shit I owned, and drove drunk. Alcohol is not illegal no, but it is also dangerous and should not be treated as a game.

Drink in moderation, sure, get a driver always or take a cab, but no, don't dare others or be dared yourself into endangering your life or the lives of others.

Or did you miss the story of the frat guys now charged and one dead frat guy?

It's gonna be at my place, and at some other people's places around 5 doors away Confused

21-08-2017, 06:22 PM
Drinking games are best played in class. Take a shot every time your professor uses a conjunction.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 2 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
21-08-2017, 06:57 PM

Best drinking game! Dilute your vodka with water and amaze your friends at how well you hold your liquor!

Don't let them attempt to drink you under the table, though. It's not a fair fight and someone's going to end up with alcohol poisoning.
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
21-08-2017, 07:58 PM (This post was last modified: 21-08-2017 08:33 PM by outtathereligioncloset.)
"It's gonna be at my place, and at some other people's places around 5 doors away"

Which doesn't change the level of potential alcohol poisoning one iota. Nor is it likely to wash with your university's policies on intolerance of underage dorm drinking.

But us older 'uns gotta know that at your age, you and your peers probably see yourselves as somewhat immortal, as in the "it won't happen to me" refrain---just as I and my peers did at your age. So no matter what we say you'll have to see for yourselves that it just isn't worth it.

Best concerts I have the ticket stubs for but have little or no memory of:

Triple billing: Leon Russell, ZZ Top and Lynyrd Skynyrd (uppers and downers, simultaneously----the COMBINATION of which was by accident) I remember a tophat and a smoke bomb. And nothing else.

The Who: Straight Everclear on a stupid dare and in genuine ignorance. Wait, what? I was at The WHO concert? Well I'll be damned. Still amazed I survived that one.

Boston: windowpane. 4 way hit. Was handed to me and I took it before someone said, "hey wait, that's a four-way hit!" Did not come down for what seemed like a week. Which is just not as fun as it may sound.

Bad Company: some kind of disgusting Boone's Farm fruity wine

Moody Blues: Green Goddamn (for anyone who isn't familiar with this one, it's the green/yellow version of PJ)

Please, I'm begging you---make memories in college that you will actually REMEMBER.

If you absolutely MUST, go for pot. I've never known anyone to OD or be poisoned by pot.

Lecture done.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
21-08-2017, 08:03 PM (This post was last modified: 21-08-2017 08:07 PM by outtathereligioncloset.)
(Well, maybe not entirely done)

P.S. The university probably has someone assigned to keep an eye on that Facebook page. And you are NOT gonna be quick enough to keep some idiot from posting pictures of you chugging on it. I'm just sayin. Good luck at your Disciplinary Hearing.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
[+] 1 user Likes outtathereligioncloset's post
21-08-2017, 10:32 PM

Back when I was in school I used to come up with drinking games all the time (small town, nothing to do) and I came up with some pretty fun and complex games. My favourite was called Swampwater Revolver, and it got pretty "famous" in our small town. Might be a bit over the top but I'll drop it here anyway.

Swampwater Revolver

Supplies
1 or more decks of playing cards.
2 or more Red Solo Cups.
1 Shot glass.
6 or more types of alcohol.
Pitcher of water.

Players
Minimum of 3 players, two drinkers and a dealer.

How to Play
  • Step 1: Remove the 10, J, Q, K, and Ace of the deck and get rid of the rest. Each player and the dealer receive a set of those 5 cards.
  • Step 2: Each player, one at a time, mixes a drink out of the line of sight of the other player(s), under the supervision of the dealer. A player can add up to a maximum of 6 shots of booze or as few as 1. Players can even choose to dilute with shots of water if they like. The cups MUST be identical so Red Solo works really well here.
  • Step 3: Once all players have mixed a drink they take their seats at the table and the dealer covers the drinks and sets them on a stand on the table, the players do not know whose cup is whose.
  • Step 4: The dealer then takes his 5 cards and lays them down in front of himself/herself face down in any random order they like.
  • Step 5: The players then all place their own set of 5 cards face down trying to correctly guess the order of the dealer's cards.
  • Step 6: The dealer flips his cards over one at a time along with the players until all 5 cards are flipped and a winner is revealed. The winner is the person with the most correct matches.(in the event of a tie the tieing players play another quick round)
  • Step 7: The person who lost the round, without looking at the contents, must select a filled cup and drink it.
  • Step 8: The loser must then mix another drink and add it to the stand, the dealer will shuffle the drinks about out of sight of the players and then the game repeats until the last man standing.

Things to keep in mind.

Mixing the drink is as much a part of the game as the cards are and there is an element of gambling involved. If you mix a strong drink (or a disgusting drink) you might have to drink it yourself, but if you mix a weak drink your opponent might get off light if they lose. Smack talk is absolutely encouraged, trying to syke to other playersout is part of the game.

People who are spectating but not playing can take bets on who they think will win with the losers having to take a shot, but this is entirely optional.

You can also set a shot limit where the dealer keeps track of the number of shots in each drink and assigns points to each player equalling the number of shots and the first person to reach the set limit losses.

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
22-08-2017, 01:54 AM
(21-08-2017 07:58 PM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  "It's gonna be at my place, and at some other people's places around 5 doors away"

Which doesn't change the level of potential alcohol poisoning one iota. Nor is it likely to wash with your university's policies on intolerance of underage dorm drinking.

But us older 'uns gotta know that at your age, you and your peers probably see yourselves as somewhat immortal, as in the "it won't happen to me" refrain---just as I and my peers did at your age. So no matter what we say you'll have to see for yourselves that it just isn't worth it.

Best concerts I have the ticket stubs for but have little or no memory of:

Triple billing: Leon Russell, ZZ Top and Lynyrd Skynyrd (uppers and downers, simultaneously----the COMBINATION of which was by accident) I remember a tophat and a smoke bomb. And nothing else.

The Who: Straight Everclear on a stupid dare and in genuine ignorance. Wait, what? I was at The WHO concert? Well I'll be damned. Still amazed I survived that one.

Boston: windowpane. 4 way hit. Was handed to me and I took it before someone said, "hey wait, that's a four-way hit!" Did not come down for what seemed like a week. Which is just not as fun as it may sound.

Bad Company: some kind of disgusting Boone's Farm fruity wine

Moody Blues: Green Goddamn (for anyone who isn't familiar with this one, it's the green/yellow version of PJ)

Please, I'm begging you---make memories in college that you will actually REMEMBER.

If you absolutely MUST, go for pot. I've never known anyone to OD or be poisoned by pot.

Lecture done.

'Underage'

The age for alcohol is 18. I'm 19 and the youngest people there will be 18 so we're not underage.

It's only the first day or three we'll be partying Smile

22-08-2017, 02:59 AM
Drunk Jenga - It's standard jenga, but you write dares/funny things on the bricks to do. One who knocks over the tower has to do a shot or something haha.

Drunk Mario Kart - you all play mario cart as you would normally, except 1 rule - No drinking and driving. So you either chug the beer then race OR race first and stop before the finish line, then chug away haha.

The Helpful Atheist - An Information Blog
Last updated: 08/11/2017 - Want to contribute, drop me a PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user