Any good drinking games for freshers week?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-08-2017, 04:31 AM
RE: Any good drinking games for freshers week?
Drinking game.

1. Get money.
2. Go to the bottle shop.
3. Drink this with friends and enjoy conversation.

[Image: irish_jam1.jpg]

4. Adding Coke = disqualification.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like Banjo's post
22-08-2017, 03:12 PM (This post was last modified: 22-08-2017 03:18 PM by outtathereligioncloset.)
(22-08-2017 01:54 AM)Bae Con Sand Witch Wrote:  
(21-08-2017 07:58 PM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  "It's gonna be at my place, and at some other people's places around 5 doors away"

Which doesn't change the level of potential alcohol poisoning one iota. Nor is it likely to wash with your university's policies on intolerance of underage dorm drinking.

But us older 'uns gotta know that at your age, you and your peers probably see yourselves as somewhat immortal, as in the "it won't happen to me" refrain---just as I and my peers did at your age. So no matter what we say you'll have to see for yourselves that it just isn't worth it.

Best concerts I have the ticket stubs for but have little or no memory of:

Triple billing: Leon Russell, ZZ Top and Lynyrd Skynyrd (uppers and downers, simultaneously----the COMBINATION of which was by accident) I remember a tophat and a smoke bomb. And nothing else.

The Who: Straight Everclear on a stupid dare and in genuine ignorance. Wait, what? I was at The WHO concert? Well I'll be damned. Still amazed I survived that one.

Boston: windowpane. 4 way hit. Was handed to me and I took it before someone said, "hey wait, that's a four-way hit!" Did not come down for what seemed like a week. Which is just not as fun as it may sound.

Bad Company: some kind of disgusting Boone's Farm fruity wine

Moody Blues: Green Goddamn (for anyone who isn't familiar with this one, it's the green/yellow version of PJ)

Please, I'm begging you---make memories in college that you will actually REMEMBER.

If you absolutely MUST, go for pot. I've never known anyone to OD or be poisoned by pot.

Lecture done.

'Underage'

The age for alcohol is 18. I'm 19 and the youngest people there will be 18 so we're not underage.

It's only the first day or three we'll be partying Smile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, I didn't think that there was any state left that didn't raise it to 21 many, many years ago when the powers that be declared that there would be no more funding of roads unless it happened. I stand corrected. On the underage part. The rest still stands.

Edit addition: Well I'll be damned, my own state is one of them for beer at 18. I really am out of touch with the drinking crowd. And it was only 10% of the funds the government was holding over them to get the states to raise the age.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._histo...e_by_state

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
22-08-2017, 03:23 PM (This post was last modified: 22-08-2017 03:35 PM by outtathereligioncloset.)
Come to think of it, I do vaguely remember an outcry along the lines of "We can be drafted into a war at 18 but can't even drink or vote until age 21." So they lowered the voting age and drinking beer age to 18 instead of raising the draft age to 21. I was about 10, so I may be remembering that wrong.

***Correction on the correction---NC legal drinking age for any alcohol is currently 21. ****

"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
22-08-2017, 04:31 PM
If you Google "Drinking Game Rules" you will likely be unable to recall the 2-3 days in question.

A fun one for a mid-sized group is Three Man with the optional rule that anybody who roles doubles can add a new rule. This ensures that the rules rapidly become far too convoluted and contradictory to remember, much less follow. The following additions have been shown to cause liver damage and should be avoided:
- Anybody who says a number must drink. It's a drunken dice game.
- Anybody who gestures must drink. Go ahead, point and laugh.
- Anybody who swears must drink. Gosh darn it.
- Anybody who uses a pronoun must drink. I am inordinately proud of how much carnage this rule caused.

Do Not play "Roxanne" or its offspring. No joking, this one is quite dangerous.

Fun drinking games involve a lot of social interaction and gradual alcohol consumption and silliness. Bad drinking games involve rapid alcohol consumption, praying to the porcelain god and an Old Testament hangover.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 1 user Likes Paleophyte's post
22-08-2017, 06:15 PM
Presidents and Assholes was a staple when we got together to drink, which was often.

You'll have to Google the rules or variations of, it's been too many years and too many brain cells for me to remember, but if you're serious about getting a buzz on it's great.

Note: this game is to be played with beer only. Keep the liquor to the side or you'll be sorry. Of course that will be obvious once you start playing. Yes

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
23-08-2017, 03:01 AM
One we used to do as a "warm up" on nights out, which I'm sure would work as a generic indoor game as well, I'm not sure has a name, (feel free to correct me though).

Rules:
No pointing
Can't say anybodys name
You have to hold your drink in the opposite hand (so if right handed, in your left etc).

Other than that, you just have a regular chat as you would, and if anybody breaks the rules, they have to have a shot of something. Very quickly can become messy, but normally people get to grips of it, and then when you're all fairly merry, you stop and just drink beers or whatever.

When life gives you lemons, just remember you are an....
(18-09-2017 09:47 AM)vahaaao Wrote:  Irresponsible bachelor daddy
23-08-2017, 03:52 AM
Any good drinking games for freshers week?
(22-08-2017 03:12 PM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  
(22-08-2017 01:54 AM)Bae Con Sand Witch Wrote:  'Underage'

The age for alcohol is 18. I'm 19 and the youngest people there will be 18 so we're not underage.

It's only the first day or three we'll be partying Smile

Wow, I didn't think that there was any state left that didn't raise it to 21 many, many years ago when the powers that be declared that there would be no more funding of roads unless it happened. I stand corrected. On the underage part. The rest still stands.

Edit addition: Well I'll be damned, my own state is one of them for beer at 18. I really am out of touch with the drinking crowd. And it was only 10% of the funds the government was holding over them to get the states to raise the age.

Oh, you think I'm in the USA

No, I'm from England LOL

23-08-2017, 02:58 PM
(23-08-2017 03:52 AM)Bae Con Sand Witch Wrote:  
(22-08-2017 03:12 PM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  Wow, I didn't think that there was any state left that didn't raise it to 21 many, many years ago when the powers that be declared that there would be no more funding of roads unless it happened. I stand corrected. On the underage part. The rest still stands.

Oh, you think I'm in the USA

No, I'm from England LOL

Yep, I sure did. And in these parts it's the best way I know of to get kicked out of college. NC State University has been all over our news about losing five people from the football team for a party. Not just alcohol but sexual assault accusations as well, but no matter how you look at it, it started with a party. I should know better than to assume you're in the US. With some people here I can almost hear an accent by the way they write. So is it 18 all over England and is that for liquor as well?

If this is not going to lose you a scholarship, dorm, or get you kicked out of school then just please, just party carefully. Freshmen drinking here is a whole other kind of situation.