Any guitarists on here?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-03-2014, 07:49 AM
RE: Any guitarists on here?
(13-03-2014 04:34 PM)frankiej Wrote:  I play the blues. All my equipment is pretty shit. You don't need great equipment for a great sound. Wink

Oh, and I haven't been on here since Christmas. Fuck, you guys must have missed me.

It's true you can create a brilliant noise with pretty much any old piece of shit...

Hound Dog Taylor used to play those horrible Teisco guitars, through a shitty little amp with a broken speaker. But it sounded amazing...

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-03-2014, 07:30 AM
Solo performer from '87 to '99.

All acoustic, all the time.

Loved the money, chicks and freedom.
Then I got bored. lol

"If you're going my way, I'll go with you."- Jim Croce
Find all posts by this user
15-03-2014, 07:55 AM
(08-03-2014 07:48 AM)Paranoidsam Wrote:  I recorded this jam a few years ago at a band practice... It was a hell of a good band, sadly it packed in because of work commitments.

https://soundcloud.com/paranoidsam/a-jam-in-c-minor

I can't get that link to work! Sad

A man blames his bad childhood on leprechauns. He claims they don't exist, but yet still says without a doubt that they stole all his money and then killed his parents. That's why he became Leprechaun-Man

Im_Ryan forum member
15-03-2014, 08:51 AM
I play the bass guitar. It's a Fender Precision that I bought 25 years ago and it's still going strong. I use a plectrum and play using a lot of treble. My influences would be from bands like , The Stranglers, Joy Division, New Model Army and XTC.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
15-03-2014, 10:24 AM
I have played on and off since college (I am 47 now). Had a Japanese made strat with EMGs back then since I was into all the 80s speed metal and such. Today I have a Schecter SOLO-6 (a great LP alternative for less $$) and a Blackstar 1 watt tube amp just to tinker around with. Still like to play modern punk, rock, and metal.

Some favs:
Steve Morse
Alex Leifson,
Steve Vai
Joe Bonamassa

Bands:
Lagwagon
Propagandhi
Strung out
A Wilhelm Scream
Thrice

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
26-03-2014, 02:00 PM
(15-03-2014 07:55 AM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  
(08-03-2014 07:48 AM)Paranoidsam Wrote:  I recorded this jam a few years ago at a band practice... It was a hell of a good band, sadly it packed in because of work commitments.

https://soundcloud.com/paranoidsam/a-jam-in-c-minor

I can't get that link to work! Sad

I dunno... It works fine for me.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-03-2014, 04:51 PM (This post was last modified: 26-03-2014 05:21 PM by Banjo.)
Hello all.

Here is a young band of students of mine. The leader, Yannick, is 14. When he was 9 he was the world's youngest Fender endorsee. He mainly played bass back then. Now he plays guitar, bass, keys, drums and saxophone as well as singing.

The young drummer is 13 and has been my student since age 5. He represents Sleishman drums. This boy plays many styles, jazz, rock, funk, fusion etc etc. Here he shows his restraint. His technique is very good and his reading is astounding.

The bass player is a bit older, 18. He is a great guy and a lovely player.

The tune is Joe Satriani's Crushing day. It took me two years to get these kids together and the band is just 8 weeks old. I hope you enjoy it. Smile

http://studioyannick.com/home/united-col...ushing-day

WARNING. Banjo is currently on an experimental drug. The drug causes neurological problems. To put it in perspective, I am on $25,000.00 of drugs per week. Plus others. If I seem crazy, please ignore me. I am. I can be okay then simply lose my mind. Many thanks. Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post