Any gun/shooting sports enthusiasts?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-09-2012, 08:22 PM
Any gun/shooting sports enthusiasts?
I know we're probably mostly liberal here (as am I) but I love my guns and love shooting. Anyone here take part in ballistic therapy from time to time?

Give to every human being every right that you claim for yourself. - Robert Ingersoll
[Image: jVZNc.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-09-2012, 08:25 PM
RE: Any gun/shooting sports enthusiasts?
(05-09-2012 08:22 PM)TheDoctorPhil Wrote:  I know we're probably mostly liberal here (as am I) but I love my guns and love shooting. Anyone here take part in ballistic therapy from time to time?

I believe there are many of us here.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-09-2012, 08:27 PM
I like to shoot - don't do it near as much as I'd like to, maybe once every year or two. My wife loves it as well. We even spent an anniversary at a target range a couple years back Smile

My dad gave me a .22 rifle for my 12th birthday, enjoyed hunting and target shooting ever since. Don't own any guns now, and haven't for many years (we rent when we go to the range), but I'm considering buying a 9mm - any recommendations?

"Like" my Facebook page
Brain Droppings Blog
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT16Rq3dAcHhqiAsPC5xUC...oR0pEpxQZw]
[+] 1 user Likes Seasbury's post
05-09-2012, 08:34 PM
(05-09-2012 08:27 PM)Seasbury Wrote:  I like to shoot - don't do it near as much as I'd like to, maybe once every year or two. My wife loves it as well. We even spent an anniversary at a target range a couple years back Smile

My dad gave me a .22 rifle for my 12th birthday, enjoyed hunting and target shooting ever since. Don't own any guns now, and haven't for many years (we rent when we go to the range), but I'm considering buying a 9mm - any recommendations?

Well my first recommendation would be to not buy a 9mm lol. I honestly haven't shot many 9mms except for the one I carry on duty. It's a Beretta M9 (Beretta 92FS on the civillian side). Solid gun, never really had any problems with it. As for my personal pistols I like to stick with a little bigger caliber.

Give to every human being every right that you claim for yourself. - Robert Ingersoll
[Image: jVZNc.jpg]
05-09-2012, 08:41 PM
(05-09-2012 08:27 PM)Seasbury Wrote:  I like to shoot - don't do it near as much as I'd like to, maybe once every year or two. My wife loves it as well. We even spent an anniversary at a target range a couple years back Smile

Sig-Sauer makes darn nice pistols; I'm looking at .357 Sig and/or .40S&W because of better ballistics than 9mm.

[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
05-09-2012, 08:43 PM
I've actually been doing a lot of shooting lately. I taught my daughter this year, and she and I spend some really great quality time just target shooting with a .22. She is really considering entering into it as a serious sport. she's an excellent shot (already better than her old man), and she does really well at the safety aspect.

Personally, I love skeet shooting. I could do it all day, except I have pretty bad arthritis in both shoulders. Not really conducive to shooting all day.

Doc, mind if I ask what is "on duty"? Soldier, cop, guard?

Just visiting.

-SR
05-09-2012, 08:47 PM
(05-09-2012 08:41 PM)Chas Wrote:  Sig-Sauer makes darn nice pistols; I'm looking at .357 Sig and/or .40S&W because of better ballistics than 9mm.

thanks Chas - I'll take a look next time we hit the range.

Just started researching permit requirements in Maryland - yikes! Probably won't buy until the youngest is out of the house, but that's only another year - hopefully!!!

"Like" my Facebook page
Brain Droppings Blog
05-09-2012, 08:49 PM
(05-09-2012 08:43 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Doc, mind if I ask what is "on duty"? Soldier, cop, guard?

Stark - Doc's an Air Force cop...which almost makes him a real soldier... Wink

"Like" my Facebook page
Brain Droppings Blog
05-09-2012, 08:55 PM
(05-09-2012 08:47 PM)Seasbury Wrote:  
(05-09-2012 08:41 PM)Chas Wrote:  Sig-Sauer makes darn nice pistols; I'm looking at .357 Sig and/or .40S&W because of better ballistics than 9mm.

thanks Chas - I'll take a look next time we hit the range.

Just started researching permit requirements in Maryland - yikes! Probably won't buy until the youngest is out of the house, but that's only another year - hopefully!!!

Move to Virginia. Drinking Beverage

05-09-2012, 08:56 PM
(05-09-2012 08:55 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(05-09-2012 08:47 PM)Seasbury Wrote:  thanks Chas - I'll take a look next time we hit the range.

Move to Virginia. Drinking Beverage

Yeah, that's not going to happen...

Next move I make will either be West of the Mississippi or to Costa Rica, hopefully the latter...

"Like" my Facebook page
Brain Droppings Blog