Any ideas on how to get extremely local news.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-11-2015, 11:57 AM
Any ideas on how to get extremely local news.
This is tough because I don't want to give away where I live. But basically, when I left my house and went to work this morning there were Police all over my street (at least 8 vehicles). One officer was walking up and down the street with a 3 foot long rifle of some sort. 8 (my age +- 8) or so people who looked like their hands were tied/cuffed behind their back were sitting on the edge of the sidewalk in front of the cop cars. The street was closed down in one direction (luckily not the direction I needed to go).

There are only 7 or 8 houses on my street this means that one of my neighbors was up to some "bad business". My friend's best guess is a drug bust. It's very interesting because I live in a pretty "nice" neighborhood that is just a mile away from the city borders of a pretty rich and very small community.

I want to know what happened! But I don't know how to find out. Googling doesn't seem to do much. How might you guys go about finding this out?

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-11-2015, 12:01 PM
RE: Any ideas on how to get extremely local news.
It's gotta be drugs I'm guessing. Does your local police department have it's own Facebook page?
[+] 1 user Likes Mr. Boston's post
12-11-2015, 12:05 PM
Maybe a local tv news website?

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
12-11-2015, 12:26 PM
(12-11-2015 12:01 PM)Mr. Boston Wrote:  It's gotta be drugs I'm guessing. Does your local police department have it's own Facebook page?
I will have to check tonight.

(12-11-2015 12:05 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Maybe a local tv news website?
I don't know of any "local" news stations or websites. Local news tends to be Seattle which is over 30 miles away so..

12-11-2015, 12:28 PM
Either get a trunk access digital police scanner --- or --- give this a try..

https://www.broadcastify.com/listen/

an online access to people linking in their police scanners...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
12-11-2015, 12:30 PM
(12-11-2015 12:26 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  
(12-11-2015 12:01 PM)Mr. Boston Wrote:  It's gotta be drugs I'm guessing. Does your local police department have it's own Facebook page?
I will have to check tonight.

(12-11-2015 12:05 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Maybe a local tv news website?
I don't know of any "local" news stations or websites. Local news tends to be Seattle which is over 30 miles away so..

Are you near 512?

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
12-11-2015, 12:32 PM
(12-11-2015 12:30 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(12-11-2015 12:26 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  I will have to check tonight.

Are you near 512?
Nope, why? haha

12-11-2015, 12:33 PM
(12-11-2015 12:32 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  
(12-11-2015 12:30 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Are you near 512?
Nope, why? haha

Because I found this: http://www.komonews.com/news/local/Polic...07242.html Drinking Beverage

~Izel
12-11-2015, 12:42 PM
(12-11-2015 12:33 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(12-11-2015 12:32 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  Nope, why? haha

Because I found this: http://www.komonews.com/news/local/Polic...07242.html Drinking Beverage
Ahh, nope, that's a separate incident. But good to know!

[+] 1 user Likes Adrianime's post
12-11-2015, 12:53 PM
First thought when I read the title of your post, I was going to say "look out your window" Smile

Twitter kind of does this...search your community name if anyone posted about the event.

Otherwise, best you can do is obtain records of police action for the address you are curious about. They might not reveal details if it is an open/ongoing investigation. If you have a neighborhood watch, inquire with them if they are in the know. Many states have online databases of criminal charges.

You can usually find property owners by address at the register of deeds for your county (my county has such records in a searchable online database), and then search the state's online database for criminal cases related to that owner name. That only works of course for an incident that involves the owner.
[+] 1 user Likes BryanS's post