Any liberals capable of defending income tax laws?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-05-2014, 04:38 PM
RE: Any liberals capable of defending income tax laws?
(21-05-2014 04:33 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(21-05-2014 04:14 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I thought you lived in Cali and went to Mexico for medical treatment. Could a mod check his IP so we can settle this discrepancy?

He has also said he was in the process of relocating to Hong Kong.

His attachment to truth appears tenuous.

Either that or his dedication to the truth is dubious and his integrity is in question. Amounts to the same thing I suppose.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
21-05-2014, 04:47 PM
(21-05-2014 12:34 PM)frankksj Wrote:  This is getting nowhere, so this is my last post.

Good. We are going to hold you to that.

Cunt.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
21-05-2014, 05:20 PM
(21-05-2014 04:47 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(21-05-2014 12:34 PM)frankksj Wrote:  This is getting nowhere, so this is my last post.

Good. We are going to hold you to that.

A man can but dream, Taq. A man can but dream.

It's funny, because all that ever need be said about him was expertly summed up long ago:
(20-09-2013 06:54 PM)BryanS Wrote:  I'm glad you pulled out the exact quote you based your claim on about cjlr's words because this demonstrates precisely that you DID put words in his mouth. His statement only was that State and local governments are subject to corruption like any other level of government. How you went from this statement to "he wants one set of laws (his set) that is forced on the whole nation, with no room for dissent." is beyond me or any reasonable person.

For the moment, since you brought out the actual cjlr words and somehow still think you were fair about your characterization, I am willing to consider the possibility that you do not intend to misquote him even though you clearly do. Assuming as I do that you are not dishonest, this tells me two things about you:
--you are so biased and entrenched in your point of view and ideology that when you read something inconsistent with your world view, you imagine what they are saying is equivalent to your per-conceived opinion about your political opponents.
--you are beyond the capability of reasoned debate. You may understand the words as actually written by cjlr, but you know what he 'actually meant' and instead attack his 'true position' because it is easier to attack this newly constructed straw man. If you truly do this unintentionally, it tells me you convinced yourself by use of a straw man fallacy that your position is true, and you easily delude yourself.

Amen to that.

... this is my signature!
[+] 7 users Like cjlr's post
21-05-2014, 05:23 PM
(21-05-2014 05:20 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(21-05-2014 04:47 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Good. We are going to hold you to that.

A man can but dream, Taq. A man can but dream.

It's funny, because all that ever need be said about him was expertly summed up long ago:
(20-09-2013 06:54 PM)BryanS Wrote:  I'm glad you pulled out the exact quote you based your claim on about cjlr's words because this demonstrates precisely that you DID put words in his mouth. His statement only was that State and local governments are subject to corruption like any other level of government. How you went from this statement to "he wants one set of laws (his set) that is forced on the whole nation, with no room for dissent." is beyond me or any reasonable person.

For the moment, since you brought out the actual cjlr words and somehow still think you were fair about your characterization, I am willing to consider the possibility that you do not intend to misquote him even though you clearly do. Assuming as I do that you are not dishonest, this tells me two things about you:
--you are so biased and entrenched in your point of view and ideology that when you read something inconsistent with your world view, you imagine what they are saying is equivalent to your per-conceived opinion about your political opponents.
--you are beyond the capability of reasoned debate. You may understand the words as actually written by cjlr, but you know what he 'actually meant' and instead attack his 'true position' because it is easier to attack this newly constructed straw man. If you truly do this unintentionally, it tells me you convinced yourself by use of a straw man fallacy that your position is true, and you easily delude yourself.

Amen to that.

A pathological liar or an unconscious one either way the truth and Frank are very rarely acquainted and never for long.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
21-05-2014, 06:11 PM (This post was last modified: 21-05-2014 06:22 PM by Revenant77x.)
[split] I want your thoughts and opinions on this video:
Ah fuck me. I ended necroposting anyway. Pay no attention to this post. Nothing to see here.

Edit:I got you big guy.

#sigh
21-05-2014, 06:13 PM (This post was last modified: 21-05-2014 06:24 PM by GirlyMan.)
I think Frankie made some interesting points but now that he went and undermined all of his arguments by misrepresenting himself I don't think he's worth engaging except in terms of hypotheticals. And even then I'm not sure it's worth engaging the disingenuous. Instead of necroposting, I'm gonna resurrect the physicist's exchange on a necrothread to start a eulogy for the little fella.

(20-09-2013 02:25 PM)cjlr Wrote:  I in no way said that. I'd appreciate some honesty. Thanks.

(20-09-2013 03:32 PM)frankksj Wrote:  Your exact words are here:

Quote:State government is no less arbitrary and corruptible than federal government. The lines on a political map don't change their nature just because they're thicker or thinner

That is precisely what you were saying. The whole debate is that I feel laws should be passed at the state level (the thin lines on the map that everyone can cross), NOT the national level (the thick lines which everyone must stay in).

Why stop at the State level? Let the Counties make their own laws. GirlyMan lives in PG County, MD where the "revolving door" doesn't mean politicians become lobbyists, it means politicians become inmates. The physicist is wrong but not for the reason Frankie thinks. State and local Governments are far far more susceptible to corruption then the Federal Government.

#sigh
21-05-2014, 06:20 PM
(21-05-2014 06:13 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I think Frankie made some interesting points but now that he went and undermined all of his arguments by misrepresenting himself I don't think he's worth engaging except in terms of hypotheticals. And even then I'm not sure it's worth engaging the disingenuous. Instead of necroposting, I'm gonna resurrect the physicist's exchange on a necrothread to start a eulogy for the little fella.

(20-09-2013 02:25 PM)cjlr Wrote:  I in no way said that. I'd appreciate some honesty. Thanks.

(20-09-2013 03:32 PM)frankksj Wrote:  Your exact words are here:

That is precisely what you were saying. The whole debate is that I feel laws should be passed at the state level (the thin lines on the map that everyone can cross), NOT the national level (the thick lines which everyone must stay in).

Why stop at the State level? Let the Counties make their own laws. GirlyMan lives in PG County, MD where the "revolving door" doesn't mean politicians become lobbyists , it mean politicians become inmates. The physicist is wrong but not for the reason Frankie thinks. State and local Governments are far far more susceptible to corruption then the Federal Government.

You raise a very good point here. Look at the gerrymandering that resulted in a permanent R advantage in the house. In a small local race a fuckton of money is worth way more than in a big national race.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
21-05-2014, 06:26 PM
(21-05-2014 06:13 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  The physicist is wrong...

Now, I resemble that remark.

(21-05-2014 06:13 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  ... but not for the reason Frankie thinks. State and local Governments are far far more susceptible to corruption then the Federal Government.

I said no less.

I did not say no more.

So there's that.

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
21-05-2014, 06:43 PM (This post was last modified: 21-05-2014 07:14 PM by GirlyMan.)
(21-05-2014 06:26 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(21-05-2014 06:13 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  The physicist is wrong...

Now, I resemble that remark.

(21-05-2014 06:13 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  ... but not for the reason Frankie thinks. State and local Governments are far far more susceptible to corruption then the Federal Government.

I said no less.

I did not say no more.

So there's that.

Tongue asshole

It would be very difficult to corrupt a career Federal employee. It happens, but not often. "So what I'm hearing is you want to give me $100K to influence your selection on this bid?" "Well not in so many words." "Lemme think about it." And then I go straight to my security office and report the exchange. Many politicians on the other hand come into office outright corrupt.

The biggest source of corruption in the Federal Government lies in its relationship to the Military Industrial Complex. And it's not even corruption, it's insidious to the point of being incestuous.

Here’s some wasteful Big Government spending. Why isn’t Fox News outraged?

#sigh
21-05-2014, 06:44 PM
(21-05-2014 06:13 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I think Frankie made some interesting points but now that he went and undermined all of his arguments by misrepresenting himself I don't think he's worth engaging except in terms of hypotheticals. And even then I'm not sure it's worth engaging the disingenuous. Instead of necroposting, I'm gonna resurrect the physicist's exchange on a necrothread to start a eulogy for the little fella.

His hypotheticals were usually not well-based or well-constructed - some were right out of la-la land; they were often based on mistaken assumptions. When the mistakes were pointed out, he'd go ballistic defending an obvious falsehood, then accuse everyone of missing his point, or side-tracking.

Fuck him; he's is an annoying, dishonest twat. But you seem to have a soft spot for these very damaged people. Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user