Any love for Dan Brown's books ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-07-2013, 12:29 AM
RE: Any love for Dan Brown's books ?
No love from me, sorry. It's dabbles a little into history...but then it isn't just filling in the gaps of what we don't know with entertaining possibilities, it's way too fucking over the top. I can't get into it.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-07-2013, 02:18 AM
Worth the price of a paperback, on sale preferrably, but not much more than that. Entertaining, and quick reads is about all the positive I can say about his books.

"Good news, everyone!"
-Cody
29-07-2013, 06:08 AM
I was not overly impressed with The Lost Symbol, partly because I guessed the main plot from the start. But I think the other books are very entertaining.

I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you
do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will
understand why I dismiss yours.
05-08-2013, 11:39 AM (This post was last modified: 05-08-2013 11:44 AM by Raptor Jesus.)
I liked ‘The De Vinci Code’ a lot. I read it before a movie was in the works and as usual the book was far better.

When the movie for ‘Angels and Demons’ was set to come out I hurried and read that one before I had it was ruined for me by the movie. That one was a disappointment. It just followed the exact same formula and structure of the first one, only with different scenery and characters, but the same book.

After which I assume all the rest will do the same. I have no interest in this newest book. Of the two I read I don’t think one was better than the other or worst than the other. I could have read ‘Angels and Demons’ first, liked it a lot, then read ‘The De Vinci Code’ and been let down by that one. For me it’s like watching an episode of ‘House’. You’ve seen one, you’ve seen them all.

Kingschosen is not a liar!!!!!!(...but his beliefs are "derp")
07-08-2013, 03:02 PM
I'm a big fan, I like that his books are not black/white on the religious matters, he's able to point out good and bad stuff about it.

But I'll have to admit, every time I pick up one of his books, the first few chapters I'm just thinking "Fuck me, this is boring".