Any new shows being cancelled that you think deserve a second chance

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-05-2014, 08:10 PM
Any new shows being cancelled that you think deserve a second chance
There were a lot of real stinkers this season, but 2 shows I really liked are being cancelled. One is "Growing Up Fisher", and the other "Surviving Jack". Both were good shows that I think could have developed a decent following if given a second season. Christopher Meloni was brilliant in "Surviving Jack", and as a "Law & Order: SUV" fan, I was excited to see him on TV again. Oh well.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-05-2014, 10:16 AM
RE: Any new shows being cancelled that you think deserve a second chance
(11-05-2014 08:10 PM)beeglez Wrote:  There were a lot of real stinkers this season, but 2 shows I really liked are being cancelled. One is "Growing Up Fisher", and the other "Surviving Jack". Both were good shows that I think could have developed a decent following if given a second season. Christopher Meloni was brilliant in "Surviving Jack", and as a "Law & Order: SUV" fan, I was excited to see him on TV again. Oh well.

Growing Up Fisher is a hoot. Cancelled? I am disappoint. Weeping

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-05-2014, 01:05 PM
(12-05-2014 10:16 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(11-05-2014 08:10 PM)beeglez Wrote:  There were a lot of real stinkers this season, but 2 shows I really liked are being cancelled. One is "Growing Up Fisher", and the other "Surviving Jack". Both were good shows that I think could have developed a decent following if given a second season. Christopher Meloni was brilliant in "Surviving Jack", and as a "Law & Order: SUV" fan, I was excited to see him on TV again. Oh well.

Growing Up Fisher is a hoot. Cancelled? I am disappoint. Weeping

*Disappointed

fixed

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
12-05-2014, 01:13 PM
(12-05-2014 01:05 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(12-05-2014 10:16 AM)Chas Wrote:  Growing Up Fisher is a hoot. Cancelled? I am disappoint. Weeping

*Disappointed

fixed

[Image: I-am-Disappoint.jpg]

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
12-05-2014, 01:13 PM
(12-05-2014 10:16 AM)Chas Wrote:  Growing Up Fisher is a hoot. Cancelled? I am disappoint. Weeping

*Disappointed

fixed

Son, I am disappoint.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 1 user Likes itsnotmeitsyou's post
12-05-2014, 01:15 PM

This is why I don't watch most new TV shows until they've had a few good seasons. I still haven't gotten over Firefly. Weeping

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 1 user Likes itsnotmeitsyou's post
12-05-2014, 02:26 PM
(12-05-2014 01:15 PM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  This is why I don't watch most new TV shows until they've had a few good seasons. I still haven't gotten over Firefly. Weeping

Pretty much my approach too. What really gets me is the way shows with long running serial plotlines tend to get cancelled and the only things that stick around are shows with mostly repetitive and formulaic one-episode plotlines. (On network television anyway. I refuse to pay $80+/month just to watch a half-dozen good shows from two or three channels. The rest of cable television is a wasteland. Even the news channels are just arguing spokesholes and infotainment.)

Jesus is my Stalker: He has graced me with his unconditional love, but if I reject it and refuse to love him in return, he will make my life Hell.
[+] 2 users Like djhall's post
12-05-2014, 05:02 PM
It is unfortunate to lose Almost Human and Revolution. No

Networks are far too ready to axe new shows before they can really grow an audience.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcmPL4codsbtiJhpFav3r...-w_49ttW6a]
12-05-2014, 09:11 PM

*Disappointed

fixed

Don't fuck with memes, sonny. Angry

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user