Any nihilists?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-03-2013, 03:55 AM
RE: Any nihilists?
I'm a Nihilist by those definitions.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-03-2013, 07:11 PM (This post was last modified: 28-03-2013 08:07 PM by GirlyMan.)
(27-03-2013 06:35 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(27-03-2013 06:02 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Good luck trying to prove it. Many have tried, all have failed. ... Girly ain't at all convinced. Tongue

Well, I can prove it....just not to other folks, who may or may not exist.
Well that's not really much of a proof then is it?

(27-03-2013 06:35 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  I can logically conclude that since I have the capacity for my existence that I do indeed exist.
Girly spent a semester at uni shredding the Cogito Ergo Sum some 30 years ago now before ManlyGirl went and got all preggie and shit and Girly, above all else a pragmatist, switched majors from Phil to CompSci. Big Grin

(27-03-2013 06:35 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  Surely though, Girly, you don't think that you might not exist do you? How on could anyone draw that conclusion?
Sure do. And I draw the conclusion of that possibility from the lack of any formal argument to the contrary. (A little help from Borges don't hurt. Wink ) Don't mean I can conclude I don't exist, just means I can't conclude I do. It's not really a big deal one way or the other 'cause I'm still gonna wake up, go to work, and feed my family in either case. Like I said, Girly's first and foremost a pragmatist. Girly can play this game without admitting himself. Hell, I can probably play it even better by doing so. Tongue

Breathing - it's more art than science.
28-03-2013, 08:39 PM
(28-03-2013 07:11 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(27-03-2013 06:35 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  Well, I can prove it....just not to other folks, who may or may not exist.
Well that's not really much of a proof then is it?

(27-03-2013 06:35 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  I can logically conclude that since I have the capacity for my existence that I do indeed exist.
Girly spent a semester at uni shredding the Cogito Ergo Sum some 30 years ago now before ManlyGirl went and got all preggie and shit and Girly, above all else a pragmatist, switched majors from Phil to CompSci. Big Grin

(27-03-2013 06:35 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  Surely though, Girly, you don't think that you might not exist do you? How on could anyone draw that conclusion?
Sure do. And I draw the conclusion of that possibility from the lack of any formal argument to the contrary. (A little help from Borges don't hurt. Wink ) Don't mean I can conclude I don't exist, just means I can't conclude I do. It's not really a big deal one way or the other 'cause I'm still gonna wake up, go to work, and feed my family in either case. Like I said, Girly's first and foremost a pragmatist. Girly can play this game without admitting himself. Hell, I can probably play it even better by doing so. Tongue

I know that Girly exists, as do HoC, Lumi, etc.
They think up shit I couldn't come up with even on acid, so they must exist.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
28-03-2013, 08:48 PM (This post was last modified: 28-03-2013 08:55 PM by GirlyMan.)
(28-03-2013 08:39 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(28-03-2013 07:11 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Well that's not really much of a proof then is it?

That is an excellent backdoor argument. Big Grin

28-03-2013, 08:54 PM
(28-03-2013 08:48 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(28-03-2013 08:39 PM)Chas Wrote:  I know that Girly exists, as do HoC, Lumi, etc.

Now that is an excellent backdoor argument. Big Grin

Well, you just stay away from my back door.Angry

[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
28-03-2013, 09:03 PM
(28-03-2013 08:39 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(28-03-2013 07:11 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Well that's not really much of a proof then is it?

A demonstration of the versatility of the subconscious, nothing more.

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
28-03-2013, 09:08 PM
(28-03-2013 09:03 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(28-03-2013 08:39 PM)Chas Wrote:  I know that Girly exists, as do HoC, Lumi, etc.

You make a worthy argument.Consider

[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
28-03-2013, 10:16 PM (This post was last modified: 28-03-2013 10:33 PM by GirlyMan.)
(28-03-2013 09:03 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  

Girly just fucking like eats that bullshit for like breakfast bitch brother.

[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
29-03-2013, 02:11 AM
(28-03-2013 10:16 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(28-03-2013 09:03 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  A demonstration of the versatility of the subconscious, nothing more.

Girly just fucking like eats that bullshit for like breakfast bitch brother.

I'm your bitch brother? My subconscious is being worrisome... Consider

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post