Any other juicers here?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-02-2012, 03:31 PM (This post was last modified: 05-02-2012 03:40 PM by GirlyMan.)
Any other juicers here?
No, germanyt, I'm not talking about anabolic-androgenic steroids, I've already been on them for some 5 years now. I'm talking about this:

I got mine about a week ago and I'm starting to think "What can't I juice?" Girly does not like eating vegetables at all, but all the combinations I've tried to drink so far (various mixes of kale, spinach, celery, cucumber, lettuce, carrots, beets, apples, pears, lemons with peel, ginger, garlic, onion, asparagus, brussel sprouts, chard, burdock, wheatgrass) have all been delicious. ... And they all mix well with vodka. And the ethanol increases their antioxidant effectiveness. (reference available on request).

P.S. Wheatgrass is very expensive to buy and very sweet. Thinkin' about growing my own.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
05-02-2012, 03:46 PM
RE: Any other juicers here?
I love my juicer! Heart I have a Braun and it even does wheatgrass... although I haven't tried that yet. I want to grow my own wheatgrass this year - I can't wait - I probably should start now but I'm still in hibernation mode. Yes, I can have a euphemism for lazy. Blush

Apple juice is the greatest in the universe!! The pulp I use like apple butter and it's incredible. Big Grin

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
05-02-2012, 04:39 PM
(05-02-2012 03:46 PM)kim Wrote:  The pulp I use like apple butter and it's incredible.

There's gotta be something I can do with all this pulp other than composting it.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
06-02-2012, 12:34 AM
(05-02-2012 04:39 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(05-02-2012 03:46 PM)kim Wrote:  The pulp I use like apple butter and it's incredible.

There's gotta be something I can do with all this pulp other than composting it.

The pulp of vegetables you can use in soups and stews to make the broth heartier, you can also make your own sauces & fruit butters. About the only pulp that might not work all that well would be the wheatgrass - not sure bout that yet. After you get the juice out, the wheatgrass pulp might be a bit dry.

I've seen people re-juice pulps, or even press the pulp to get more of the juice out. When what's left is dry, it really isn't worth much nutritional value - compost that.

If you want to see pressing in action, check out the Norwalk Juicer demos -I think there are some on YouTube. That's a great way to go, but who has a couple of thousand bucks for one of those things? I was thinking of making my own with a small, hydraulic jack. Smile

I've been pretty satisfied with my juicer so far, but I really gotta get on that wheatgrass. I have the trays and everything - I'm just unambitious at the moment.
Soon though, soon. Blush

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
06-02-2012, 11:30 AM
[Image: trenabol_front.jpg]

Oh that isn't what this thread is about? Oh well.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
06-02-2012, 11:26 PM
Not a juicer, I'm a smoothie maker. I hated cleaning the juicer, blender is easier!

I buy juice from the health food store. Was on a green juice kick, now I am on a carrot juice kick. Big Grin
06-02-2012, 11:38 PM
Me and my wife juice. Every now and then we'll go heavy on juice and stick to protein meals when we go to the gym and such. Lately my favorite drink has been...

1 orange
1 apple
2 carrots
thumb size piece of ginger
(if i'm in a spicy mood, 1/4 of a habanero)

Crush up some ice, mix it. Tasty smoothie.
07-02-2012, 10:18 AM
If God wanted us to be juicers, why did he give us teeth? Well?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
07-02-2012, 10:27 AM
(07-02-2012 10:18 AM)Chas Wrote:  If God wanted us to be juicers, why did he give us teeth? Well?

I think this should be an an opposable thumb question, actually.

Either way, they both mash! JUICE!!!
07-02-2012, 10:53 AM
(07-02-2012 10:18 AM)Chas Wrote:  If God wanted us to be juicers, why did he give us teeth? Well?

He gives some guys low 'test'.

Juice FTW. Right GirlyMan? A better life through chemicals.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
[+] 1 user Likes germanyt's post