• 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-02-2012, 05:54 PM
RE: Any other juicers here?
I have a juicer. It's called my mouth.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-02-2012, 09:24 PM (This post was last modified: 07-02-2012 10:10 PM by GirlyMan.)
(07-02-2012 05:54 PM)Hamata k Wrote:  I have a juicer. It's called my mouth.

I don't like eating vegetables. They bore me. But I think I might be able to enjoy drinking them.

(07-02-2012 10:53 AM)germanyt Wrote:  Juice FTW. Right GirlyMan? A better life through chemicals.

"Better living through chemistry" is an excellent mantra as long as you know what you're doing.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
08-02-2012, 08:32 AM
(07-02-2012 09:24 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(07-02-2012 05:54 PM)Hamata k Wrote:  I have a juicer. It's called my mouth.

I don't like eating vegetables. They bore me. But I think I might be able to enjoy drinking them.

You misunderstand me. I juice the vegetables, with my mouth. Same results as any juicers.

How can eating vegetables be boring? There is so much one can do with them and so many varieties. There is something for everyone. I used to hate eating them as well, until I discovered their true deliciousness. I don't think that you have tasted the true glorious bounty that is random vegetables!

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
08-02-2012, 07:51 PM (This post was last modified: 08-02-2012 08:44 PM by GirlyMan.)
(08-02-2012 08:32 AM)Hamata k Wrote:  I don't think that you have tasted the true glorious bounty that is random vegetables!

Ah, but I think I just recently might have. It just seems that I prefer the blood to the body.

Tonight's menu is onion, garlic, and lemon juice. This one feels like it could be a challenge. Might have to add some celery or cucumber to take the edge off it.

[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
09-02-2012, 03:31 PM

(05-02-2012 03:31 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  No, germanyt, I'm not talking about anabolic-androgenic steroids, I've already been on them for some 5 years now. I'm talking about this:

I got mine about a week ago and I'm starting to think "What can't I juice?" Girly does not like eating vegetables at all, but all the combinations I've tried to drink so far (various mixes of kale, spinach, celery, cucumber, lettuce, carrots, beets, apples, pears, lemons with peel, ginger, garlic, onion, asparagus, brussel sprouts, chard, burdock, wheatgrass) have all been delicious. ... And they all mix well with vodka. And the ethanol increases their antioxidant effectiveness. (reference available on request).

P.S. Wheatgrass is very expensive to buy and very sweet. Thinkin' about growing my own.

Years ago i gave it a try. Bought some 400.00 dollar juicer, one that mashed slowly... not speed juiced, as not to heat up the healty bits. I grew my own wheatgrass..and while waiting for it to grow i tried juicing all things. I discovered i love SUGAR too damn much and all those terrible preservative things that are bad for me. I could not find a combo of carrot + anything that was drinkable, then my wheat grass was ready for juicing. I eagerly harvested my tray of WG. I violently barfed that shit all over my kitchen, disgusting is not a word for it. Basically tasted like the SMELL of the shavings from my lawn mower.

The juicer was a huge..no no GIGANTIC pain the ass to clean.
Put it on ebay and lost like 30.00 on the whole deal.

Lesson Learned, i am a man of my times. Give me a White Russian and i am a happy dude.
I do love me some rare steak too! I'll take my green in the form of Spinach or Broccoli stemed or raw.

I have seen "Super Size me" and KNOW whats in a Quarter Pounder..but every now and then....one will call my name! Its like i am CHOSEN to eat a quarter pounder. Predestined, i guess.

Juicing? Not built for it. I had heard the stories of cancer patients healing themselves and all the other miracle stories.

The only juice i can drink is really really old grapes. I think its called Chianti!

D
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Denicio's post
10-02-2012, 02:38 PM
(08-02-2012 07:51 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Tonight's menu is onion, garlic, and lemon juice. This one feels like it could be a challenge.

Well that was manly. No wonder onion juice raises testosterone. [Image: barf.gif]

(09-02-2012 03:31 PM)Denicio Wrote:  I do love me some rare steak too! I'll take my green in the form of Spinach or Broccoli stemed or raw.

All I'd eat is the steak and leave the vegetables. Juicing is the only way I'm gonna get my veggies 'cause I just don't like eating them.

10-02-2012, 02:47 PM
This is fantastic news! Smile

I'm gonna go eat an onion and beat the shit out of my boss - TGIF!! Big Grin

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
10-02-2012, 03:05 PM (This post was last modified: 10-02-2012 04:40 PM by GirlyMan.)
(10-02-2012 02:47 PM)kim Wrote:  This is fantastic news! Smile

I'm gonna go eat an onion and beat the shit out of my boss - TGIF!! Big Grin

Unfortunately, the current thinking on the mechanism of action is that the antioxidants in onions preferentially target toxins particularly offensive to the testes. So it probably won't make much difference to your T levels, kim. Mine either for that matter. Sad

But I have found onion breath to be a sound tactic when the boss calls me into her office. Wink

10-02-2012, 03:31 PM
(10-02-2012 03:05 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  But I have found onion breath to be a sound tactic when the boss calls me into her office. Wink

I figured I'd be counting on my breath to do the ass kicking! Oooh - maybe I can work up some gas, too!!
God I love my Union job! Big Grin

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
10-02-2012, 11:38 PM
(08-02-2012 08:32 AM)Hamata k Wrote:  You misunderstand me. I juice the vegetables, with my mouth. Same results as any juicers.

How can eating vegetables be boring? There is so much one can do with them and so many varieties. There is something for everyone. I used to hate eating them as well, until I discovered their true deliciousness. I don't think that you have tasted the true glorious bounty that is random vegetables!

You are able to break down and metabolize something such as a juice far faster than you can a solid food. One benefit of creating a vegetable juice is that you can get a nice dose of veggies and fruits and nutrients and metabolize them quickly through juicing rather than chomping on veggies. I know that sounds lazy... but it's true.

Now... that said... you still will not get ALL of the same amount of nutrients that you would if you just ate the veggies. However, for me I prefer to make some juice or a smoothie and bring it with me to the gym or something along those lines.

For instance, I'll juice sweet potatoes, cabbage, spinach, radishes and some good ol' idaho spuds and chug it down for a little protein before I hit the gym. But specifically relying on juicing is not in itself enough to keep you going. I've tried 100% juice for an entire month. I felt like shit. It was ridiculously hard. I lost a lot of weight and have since gone back to a regular diet and kept the weight off entirely. Now I'll juice once a day or so on days I go to the gym, and otherwise a few times a week on my lazy days. I can make some really tasty stuff and I enjoy it a good bit.

I still make normal meals with normal veggies. But it doesn't mean that juicing can't taste good. By all means, surely you've tried orange juice? Knock a couple oranges together, a lemon, a little ginger and you've got a pretty tasty drink and it's even good for you. Doesn't get more fresh than you OWN fresh orange juice. But I don't know anyone who will sit down, eat 2 oranges, half a lemon and a chop of ginger all by themselves.

I think it heavily depends on what you're juicing, application, etc.

Don't forget that juicers can make some pretty tasty alcoholic beverages too Wink
[+] 2 users Like Logisch's post