Any other juicers here?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-02-2012, 06:23 PM
RE: Any other juicers here?
(10-02-2012 11:38 PM)Logisch Wrote:  Don't forget that juicers can make some pretty tasty alcoholic beverages too Wink

Wait, they're useful for something other than alcoholic beverages?

So I've been doing this a couple of weeks now and other than the noxious onion juice, everything's been delicious. Now the downside. I think you risk turning into a new age hippie. Family got Papa John's pizza last night and I was like, "That even smells like poison." ... Fuckin' hippies.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-02-2012, 10:28 AM
I enjoy juicing from time to time. It's all the protein and vitamins without taking great amounts of time to eat. That might sound lazy but if your on the run or in a hurry, it's a good choice, I think.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-02-2012, 04:26 PM
4 mini-cukes, 6 stalks asparagus, bunch of dandelion greens, bunch of parsley, bunch of kale, 1/2 a lemon, 3 oz vodka. ... Scrumpdillyicious. Smile

[Image: 2012-02-19171754.jpg]

[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
19-02-2012, 07:11 PM
Quote:... And they all mix well with vodka. And the ethanol increases their antioxidant effectiveness. (reference available on request).

Yes please... and if you have some recipes (with vodka) you'll make me very happy Smile

DISCLAIMER: If you find a message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you don't know how to ignore a message, complain to me and I will be happy to demonstrate.

[Image: tta.php]
20-02-2012, 04:21 PM
My, my, that looks good, GirlyMan. I'd like some recipes with vodka as well Big Grin
20-02-2012, 04:43 PM
That green looks fantastically refreshing! Smile
I never knew how much I could love Kale until I got my juicer. "Freshly juiced" really does make a difference in the flavor of everything.
And Yea... it kind of spoils your taste buds when you go to eat processed food. I've made it the time of day I most look forward to... almost like desert!! Wink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
20-02-2012, 10:09 PM (This post was last modified: 20-02-2012 10:16 PM by GirlyMan.)
(19-02-2012 07:11 PM)KVron Wrote:  
Quote:... And they all mix well with vodka. And the ethanol increases their antioxidant effectiveness. (reference available on request).

Yes please... and if you have some recipes (with vodka) you'll make me very happy Smile

Here you go. I see little reason to think that the observed effects are limited to the antioxidants in berries.

Natural volatile treatments increase free-radical scavenging capacity of strawberries and blackberries

As for recipes, I mean what drink isn't better with vodka in it?

(20-02-2012 04:43 PM)kim Wrote:  And Yea... it kind of spoils your taste buds when you go to eat processed food. I've made it the time of day I most look forward to... almost like desert!! Wink

Yup. I couldn't eat a hot dog with my kids the other day. After one bite I said, "This doesn't taste like food." and gave it to the dogs.

[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
21-02-2012, 12:17 AM
(19-02-2012 04:26 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  4 mini-cukes, 6 stalks asparagus, bunch of dandelion greens, bunch of parsley, bunch of kale, 1/2 a lemon, 3 oz vodka. ... Scrumpdillyicious. Smile

[Image: 2012-02-19171754.jpg]

I was about to turn up my nose at the list of ingredients until the Vodka. Suddenly my opinion on the drink changed drastically. Big Grin

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
21-02-2012, 11:30 PM
(21-02-2012 12:17 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  I was about to turn up my nose at the list of ingredients until the Vodka. Suddenly my opinion on the drink changed drastically. Big Grin

Weird, huh?

22-02-2012, 10:22 PM
(05-02-2012 03:31 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I got mine about a week ago and I'm starting to think "What can't I juice?" Girly does not like eating vegetables at all, but all the combinations I've tried to drink so far (various mixes of kale, spinach, celery, cucumber, lettuce, carrots, beets, apples, pears, lemons with peel, ginger, garlic, onion, asparagus, brussel sprouts, chard, burdock, wheatgrass) have all been delicious. ... And they all mix well with vodka. And the ethanol increases their antioxidant effectiveness. (reference available on request).

Yah, put enough vodka in it and it doesnt even matter what it taste like after awhile.